Mods or hacks ?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles

I just had a great battle in my La-5 ... we won and I finished no.1 with nice numbers.

Afterwards I got a message from a German guy who accused me (in German) of using a mod (cheating). I asked him what the problem was but he only answered that I could explain that to WG when they banned me .. ?

Are there really mods that allow you to cheat or was that just another sour loser ? I saw in afterbattle report that I critted his wing and put him on fire.

houghtonbee #2 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2023 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Sour loser. Ignore them.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2807 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Not that I know of. Because all WG F2P games are P2S(peer to server) as opposed to P2P(peer to peer) all calculations are done server side, so to do a hack, one would have to hack the server. That would be a lot of serious hacking to change the WoWP's code while the server is down and not have WG notice.....just to win at planes. Such levels of hacking are mostly used to rob banks, information, etc.

There are some small ways to cheat in WoT, this involves using info that is broadcast to each client, positions of each players, direction of turret etc, but are usually hidden until a player is spotted, but even less ways in WoWP's, but none can over come RNG. 

It's the server that decides if you hit his wing and if you set it on fire......and you can't hack the server.

So, what you came across was a sore loser.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

CheefCoach #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3992 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It is probably green player. He can't understand that you have enough skills to be accurate and effective in the game. So he just behave like sore loser. 

In WoT there is hack that delete vegetation, and there is another one for auto aim (bot aim straight to weak spots). In WoWP when I have good game, I aim like I have some sort of assistance, but that are just hours of playing. I suppose it is possible for somebody to make hack that give lead indicator, or even to take control of the plane? But nobody will go to the length of creating that for few hundreds active players. 

Only mod I am aware in WoWP is one that mark you bots from players. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 700 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 January 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Not that I know of. Because all WG F2P games are P2S(peer to server) as opposed to P2P(peer to peer) all calculations are done server side, so to do a hack, one would have to hack the server. That would be a lot of serious hacking to change the WoWP's code while the server is down and not have WG notice.....just to win at planes. Such levels of hacking are mostly used to rob banks, information, etc.

There are some small ways to cheat in WoT, this involves using info that is broadcast to each client, positions of each players, direction of turret etc, but are usually hidden until a player is spotted, but even less ways in WoWP's, but none can over come RNG. 

It's the server that decides if you hit his wing and if you set it on fire......and you can't hack the server.

Eh, not only that, but I doubt that such a hacker could implement any such changes only to his account, meaning that he'd have to implement them for a particular plane instead.

Which means that anyone playing that plane would get a better plane, and any experienced player should be able to notice wildy changed charactaristics.

Just imagine if an IL-20 suddenly turned like a Reisen. :teethhappy:

But yeah, the above is one of the reasons I enjoy WG's games; cheats/hacks/etc. got fairly limited impact on gameplay.

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

It is probably green player. He can't understand that you have enough skills to be accurate and effective in the game. So he just behave like sore loser. 

In WoT there is hack that delete vegetation, and there is another one for auto aim (bot aim straight to weak spots). In WoWP when I have good game, I aim like I have some sort of assistance, but that are just hours of playing. I suppose it is possible for somebody to make hack that give lead indicator, or even to take control of the plane? But nobody will go to the length of creating that for few hundreds active players. 

Only mod I am aware in WoWP is one that mark you bots from players. 

Even if they did make a mod that adds a lead indicator, it'd still be their own manual dexterity that determines if he shoots in the place indicated.

And making a bot? I doubt that it'd be better or equal to any decent human player.

As for mods that don't get you banned, I could probably cook up a cosmetic mod quite easily:

For example, one that replaces the pilot's portrait with something else, maybe a fishhead?

I managed this in maybe... 5-10 minutes work at most:

Spoiler

As for critting his wing and setting him on fire, I suppose that would depend mostly on where that plane's fuel tanks are located.

And I know that some planes have part of their fuel tanks in the wings, so it isn't entirely out of the question I suppose.

These days, though, that is primarily a thing for civilian passenger planes.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2807 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 January 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

In WoT there is hack that delete vegetation, and there is another one for auto aim (bot aim straight to weak spots). 

The problem with the vegetation gone is that you can't tell where vegetation is to hide yourself for cover, so it's a two edged sword. Also, if the server says you can't see the tank...then with or without vegetation....you can't see the tank. But it does give a slight advantage as you can see what parts of the tank are showing clearly. The auto aim is a bit of a problem....but server RNG still has the say on whether the shot penetrates and what damage roll is inflicted.

In WoWP's as you fly the plane yourself and hitting something is reliant on which way the nose of your plane is pointing, such aimbots would be pointless unless you have a program that flies the plane for you and shoots.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 January 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Eh, not only that, but I doubt that such a hacker could implement any such changes only to his account, meaning that he'd have to implement them for a particular plane instead.

Which means that anyone playing that plane would get a better plane, and any experienced player should be able to notice wildy changed charactaristics.

Just imagine if an IL-20 suddenly turned like a Reisen. :teethhappy:

That is very true, the server would discard any instruction that went against it's set parameters unless the parameters were reset of all planes of the same kind.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

GonerNL #7 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

It is probably green player.

That's the strange thing ; this guy has 1500 battles and planes in tier X ... you would he know what can and can not be done without hacks/mods.

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 700 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGonerNL, on 06 January 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

That's the strange thing ; this guy has 1500 battles and planes in tier X ... you would he know what can and can not be done without hacks/mods.

You'd be surprised at how... naïve... some players are even after spending countless hours playing a game.

Especially telling with WoT sometimes where you got players with tens of thousands of battles, and still no clue to the game mechanics.

trefferlage #9 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 558 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 January 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Sorry " Sir " but thats complete nonsense, and considered to be a simple defense answer. WG itself is banning People for cheating, they warn People NOT to use cheats.. if cheats would not work, no sense, eh ? aimbot cheats, immortal cheats all this existing.. so to OP, YES cheats exist, they are wide spread,.. anybody who wants to tell you that cheats don t work a lier...

trefferlage #10 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 558 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 January 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Small ways to cheat in WoT loooooooooooool People are leaving like me WoT due to massive use of cheats lol.. realy, u must be a WG employee or a massive fanboy… one of the biggest prob of WoT and Maybe WoWP also are cheats… and they are in WoT daily Routine...

BravelyRanAway #11 Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2807 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Posttrefferlage, on 07 January 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Small ways to cheat in WoT loooooooooooool People are leaving like me WoT due to massive use of cheats lol.. realy, u must be a WG employee or a massive fanboy… one of the biggest prob of WoT and Maybe WoWP also are cheats… and they are in WoT daily Routine...

I do understand what is possible in WoT, I do understand the limits to what can be used to cheat in WoT. Players are not leaving because of cheats in WoT, that is a small issue, players are leaving because of the MM and the present template which places T8's primarily in T10 battles with little relief.

One thing I do know is that those who suck the most in WoT believe they suck not because of their ability, but because of cheats and the fact they haven't got a clue in reality about the mechanics of the game.

Spartan_93 #12 Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 719 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

If someone is "better" than me (or shot my plane), he is a hacker/cheater :P 

And if someone is crying like a little child do not try to argument with them. Just answer "thx u2 :-) " and enjoy them cry even more.

raketak_ #13 Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6246 battles

View PostSpartan_93, on 07 January 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

If someone is "better" than me (or shot my plane), he is a hacker/cheater :P

And if someone is crying like a little child do not try to argument with them. Just answer "thx u2 :-) " and enjoy them cry even more.

I use - Thank you, you was great target :)

Piq_Mastika #14 Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3119 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 07 January 2019 - 12:28 AM, said:

It is possible: Free XP from WOT and p2w credits.

klbergmen #15 Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4362 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View Posttrefferlage, on 07 January 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

Sorry " Sir " but thats complete nonsense, and considered to be a simple defense answer. WG itself is banning People for cheating, they warn People NOT to use cheats.. if cheats would not work, no sense, eh ? aimbot cheats, immortal cheats all this existing.. so to OP, YES cheats exist, they are wide spread,.. anybody who wants to tell you that cheats don t work a lier...

Aimbot - yes, they exist (just look at advanced autoaim that was once legal)

Immortal cheats - how could this work ? How could you prevent others from hitting or damaging you ?

I agree with BravelyRunAway - most complaining about cheating comes from people that have no clue what a cheat can or cannot do. They are mostly not even able to understand ingame mechanics and complain about something they red somewhere instead of learning to get better.

If somebody complains in WoWP about cheats this only means that he learned a bad habit in WoT and now does the same here. These people are really bad players and they are not willing to get better. So there is no point talking to them.

They probably also insult you in WoT style.

And anyway we all know what happens when you report somebody in WoWP...

GonerNL #16 Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles

I tried to ask this person exactly what it was that made me a cheater, but he only said that I would hear from WG (which I seriously doubt).

This has happened before when someone in-game accused me of cheating after I shot his bomber at 2.5K with my Bf-109E ... we had a good laugh about it - he did not - in the chat when others also told him that he obviously did not understand what some planes are capable of.

zen_monk_ #17 Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5162 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 07 January 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

... accused me of cheating after I shot his bomber at 2.5K with my Bf-109E ...

Was it a distance of 2.5K?

:teethhappy:

(we all know only Russian bots are capable of that)

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

Emtod #18 Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2968 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posttrefferlage, on 07 January 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

I just checked for fun your stats in WoT - Sorry to say that, but for you the normal use of game mechanics have to be like cheating.

Not cheats or hacks are responsible for your misperformance - it is your own inabilty/incompetence to learn and use the game mechanics.

BTW this is the point almost in nearly 99% of the cases when people starting to crying about cheats - own incompetence and the inabilty to admit this.

Glaukenstucken #19 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 2835 battles

There's this one guy who has made some kind of shortcut script that copy and paste the name of whatever person who just shot him down into a chatline which goes something like:

All report xxx for cheating bla bla bla. (at least I think its a script, since it triggers really quickly and is the same word for word every time.)

It's highly annoying for fragile people like me who get all nervous about any kind of accusation. :child:But I guess ignoring is the only way to go.

Grandal_Nikon #20 Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2324 battles
  • [F_O_C] F_O_C
It's just a small ... crying kid you sent back to the hangar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users