Mods or hacks ?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Dis4ster #21 Posted 07 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2426 battles

Is it just me or are even the bots calling human players hacker. I have seen all kinds of comments from bots in the chat, which clearly show the Devs of this game have nothing in their heads(its an attempt to fool people into believing this game is still alive = lie).

I mean the last what a player wants to read after a losing streak is "The next lose" at the start of the battle, thats great for the morale.

And sometimes they ask "Haxx?" after you shot them down and/or have a score over 17k, so is this some kind of singleplayer thing and everyone gets their personal messages from bots that nobody else can see or does everyone see the same spam, because there are enough idiots who might belive this.

Edited by Dis4ster, 07 January 2019 - 06:01 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #22 Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 740 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 07 January 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

I do understand what is possible in WoT, I do understand the limits to what can be used to cheat in WoT. Players are not leaving because of cheats in WoT, that is a small issue, players are leaving because of the MM and the present template which places T8's primarily in T10 battles with little relief.

One thing I do know is that those who suck the most in WoT believe they suck not because of their ability, but because of cheats and the fact they haven't got a clue in reality about the mechanics of the game.

Lack of game-impacting cheats is one of the reasons I even stick with WoT/WoWP/WoWS in the first place. :teethhappy:

Although without an understanding of the game mechanics, some thing surely look like cheats to some.

Which is why, for example, it is an idea to save replays, so that if you think there's something fishy going on, others can have a look at what's happening and see it for what it truly is.

Personally though, I have found little reason to suspect people of cheating.

I may blame them for a variety of other things.

But not for cheats since the ones that actually work require closer examination of their gameplay which you'll be unable to do during a live battle.

klbergmen #23 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGlaukenstucken, on 07 January 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

There's this one guy who has made some kind of shortcut script that copy and paste the name of whatever person who just shot him down into a chatline which goes something like:

All report xxx for cheating bla bla bla. (at least I think its a script, since it triggers really quickly and is the same word for word every time.)

It's highly annoying for fragile people like me who get all nervous about any kind of accusation. :child:But I guess ignoring is the only way to go.

I

People that accuse me of cheating I always report. That's an insult and should be reported in any game.

Unfortunately in WoWP I cannot reports bots (they also do this)

zen_monk_ #24 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6632 battles
  • [__] __
I take it as a compliment.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

Gufo_Tave #25 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1513 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 January 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Eh, not only that, but I doubt that such a hacker could implement any such changes only to his account, meaning that he'd have to implement them for a particular plane instead.

Which means that anyone playing that plane would get a better plane, and any experienced player should be able to notice wildy changed charactaristics.

Just imagine if an IL-20 suddenly turned like a Reisen. :teethhappy:

But yeah, the above is one of the reasons I enjoy WG's games; cheats/hacks/etc. got fairly limited impact on gameplay.

Even if they did make a mod that adds a lead indicator, it'd still be their own manual dexterity that determines if he shoots in the place indicated.

And making a bot? I doubt that it'd be better or equal to any decent human player.

As for mods that don't get you banned, I could probably cook up a cosmetic mod quite easily:

For example, one that replaces the pilot's portrait with something else, maybe a fishhead?

I managed this in maybe... 5-10 minutes work at most:

Spoiler

As for critting his wing and setting him on fire, I suppose that would depend mostly on where that plane's fuel tanks are located.

And I know that some planes have part of their fuel tanks in the wings, so it isn't entirely out of the question I suppose.

These days, though, that is primarily a thing for civilian passenger planes.

First time i ever seen the Ankou logo on something different from a Panzer IV...

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

Gufo_Tave #26 Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1513 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 06 January 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I just had a great battle in my La-5 ... we won and I finished no.1 with nice numbers.

Afterwards I got a message from a German guy who accused me (in German) of using a mod (cheating). I asked him what the problem was but he only answered that I could explain that to WG when they banned me .. ?

Are there really mods that allow you to cheat or was that just another sour loser ? I saw in afterbattle report that I critted his wing and put him on fire.

You are not alone... see this screenshot of maaaaaaany years ago...

Spoiler

Before you ask: i just censored the player's nicks, except mine.

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

trefferlage #27 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 999 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 07 January 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

I do understand what is possible in WoT, I do understand the limits to what can be used to cheat in WoT. Players are not leaving because of cheats in WoT, that is a small issue, players are leaving because of the MM and the present template which places T8's primarily in T10 battles with little relief.

One thing I do know is that those who suck the most in WoT believe they suck not because of their ability, but because of cheats and the fact they haven't got a clue in reality about the mechanics of the game.

So do i. Since 2011 cheats are becoming the plague of WoT… small ? LOL.. only due to the fact, that they act only, if People report the cheaters with replays.. and even then they don t ban, because, as u for shure know, the cheats are working ONLY on premium accounts… so gues who is behind the cheats, double profit .. and already here in WoWP i noticed aimbots more than i could Count... MM ? oh come on, there is no MM.. ist just a preprogrammed System, if not enough Players filled with bots, outcomed preprogrammed, decided by RNG if u win or lose... So MM is not the real reason People leave, i could stand MM.. but not the aimbots and other funny Things... but Keep on saying cheats don t work lol, but everyone who Plays this WoT Long enough knows : they are massive daily Routine.. ah, interesting that a Player Spitfire is flying straigt, but shots Right, without losing the aim loool.. but i guess you will have an Explanation lol

RoyalFlyingCorps #28 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14554 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostGonerNL, on 06 January 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

That's the strange thing ; this guy has 1500 battles and planes in tier X ... you would he know what can and can not be done without hacks/mods.

The economy of the game was so good prior to patch 2.0.6 it was possible to fail your way to tier 10 quite easily, never really learning how to fly the different aircraft or appreciating what those of your opponents could do.  I managed to get all the tier 10s without understanding the game that well, as an example.

As for chat, I notice it is slowly becoming more and more like that of WoT, so I've turned it off.

madguy #29 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1513 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posttrefferlage, on 08 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

So do i. Since 2011 cheats are becoming the plague of WoT… small ? LOL.. only due to the fact, that they act only, if People report the cheaters with replays.. and even then they don t ban, because, as u for shure know, the cheats are working ONLY on premium accounts… so gues who is behind the cheats, double profit .. and already here in WoWP i noticed aimbots more than i could Count... MM ? oh come on, there is no MM.. ist just a preprogrammed System, if not enough Players filled with bots, outcomed preprogrammed, decided by RNG if u win or lose... So MM is not the real reason People leave, i could stand MM.. but not the aimbots and other funny Things... but Keep on saying cheats don t work lol, but everyone who Plays this WoT Long enough knows : they are massive daily Routine.. ah, interesting that a Player Spitfire is flying straigt, but shots Right, without losing the aim loool.. but i guess you will have an Explanation lol

You better get your tinfoil hat boi, WG will track you down quz you figured them out!
You must be a genius...

Yes, yes, I am Mad, bro.

klbergmen #30 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:12 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Unicums get worse RNG and recieve more crits, premium accounts get better RNG, all invisible tanks are cheaters, everybody that sets you on fire is a cheater, everybody else than you is a cheater, so you can also cheat...

I guess your a really bad player in WoT and not much better here. You use this cheater crapas an excuse for your bad performance ?

Maybe with enough cheats you will become a good player - or at least get a better statistic. But this will most probably not work here because I don't think there are much cheats around (if any).

edit: I'm not saying that your a cheater but your argumentation is the default excuse for cheaters.

Edited by klbergmen, 08 January 2019 - 08:16 AM.

BravelyRanAway #31 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3474 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Posttrefferlage, on 08 January 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

You are wrong in that most players are leaving because of cheats. There is so much tin-foil in your argument.

Please show some screenshots of a Spitfire flying straight and shooting right. Show some replays of these aimbots in WoWP's, should not be a problem for you, as you've noticed more than you can count. If you can't, you're just talking out your hoop.

You have little knowledge of what's achievable. But keep believing that if it helps you look in the mirror.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 08 January 2019 - 08:14 AM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

zen_monk_ #32 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6632 battles
  • [__] __

.... they don t ban, because, as u for shure know, the cheats are working ONLY on premium accounts…

Brilliant find!

interesting that a Player Spitfire is flying straigt, but shots Right, without losing the aim loool.. but i guess you will have an Explanation lol

That was me.

I've just purchased a week of premium time, flew my Spit in a first battle and I've noticed that whenever I press fire the bullets hit enemies around me. Like magic! All you have to do is fly straight and hold the fire button, and the bullets hit enemies left and right! Made a double Ace in that game and 3 million silver!

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

wlatopa #33 Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 9531 battles
Personally i have find a big cheater that respawn immediatly after i shoot down him in the same point that i shoot down,far from respawn point,full of life.With this new version,there are more cheaters.

Edited by wlatopa, 08 January 2019 - 08:51 AM.

klbergmen #34 Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postwlatopa, on 08 January 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Personally i have find a big cheater that respawn immediatly after i shoot down him in the same point that i shoot down,far from respawn point,full of life.With this new version,there are more cheaters.

Replay ?

If this is true then it was most probably a bug and not a cheat ;)

klbergmen #35 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

ah, interesting that a Player Spitfire is flying straigt, but shots Right, without losing the aim loool.. but i guess you will have an Explanation lol

- There is an old problem with replays: In replays for some reason fire does not go where it really went. For example it can look like somebody is missing his target by a lot but still causes hits. This is a visual bug only in replays and is not a problem ingame.

- There is a skill that improves probablility of hits in turnfights. Then shots that normally would miss still hit.

- There is also probably some delay in client-server communication or something like that that lets you hit enemies while you fly past them.

- There is a problem that lets you see hits striking the enemy but they don't do damage. I think these are hits on the tail/rear and some people might say that this affects mainly ADA.

- There is a delay on kills (the enemy explodes but still shows some health left) and after some patches there were serious problems with delayed damage (you hit the enemy but it took several seconds until his HP where reduced)

All these things can give the impression that there is something wrong with shooting but these are not cheats.

wlatopa #36 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 9531 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 08 January 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Replay ?

If this is true then it was most probably a bug and not a cheat ;)

It happens before

2.09 release and when i have accused him of cheating,he disappeared  and never seen again.Or he have changed his name,or i have reason.

Edited by wlatopa, 08 January 2019 - 05:05 PM.

Emtod #37 Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3585 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

It would be nice if you stop telling nonsense.

Why are there many players performing so much better than you? I have more than 58k battles in WoT with 65% winrate and i can say with certainty that i encounterd only in 3! battles players that might use a cheating mod.

It seems that you dont have enough knowlege of the game mechanics neither in WoT nor in WoP to judge if someone is using cheats or if someone is skilled.

As i told you before - your lack of skill and/or your refusal to learn the game mechanics is the main reason for your misperformance in WoT, and not cheats, hacks or a conspiracy against you by WG.

With your mindset you will also fail in WoWp.

If you really want to get/perform better your first question should be: "What am I doing wrong and what can i do better?" and not "Why are all players better than me cheating?"

Your problem are not mysterious cheats, your problem is your self-assessment. You are far not as good as you think.

Learn the game mechanics, use your brain in battle and you will perform better. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #38 Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 740 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGufo_Tave, on 07 January 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

First time i ever seen the Ankou logo on something different from a Panzer IV...

Got them on all of my planes by virtue of it being my clan's logo. :great:

Also, in WoT I got a 43M Turán III Prototípus with a modded skin to have it.

As well as all my other tanks, again due to clan logo.

Spoiler

View PostEmtod, on 08 January 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

It would be nice if you stop telling nonsense.

Why are there many players performing so much better than you? I have more than 58k battles in WoT with 65% winrate and i can say with certainty that i encounterd only in 3! battles players that might use a cheating mod.

It seems that you dont have enough knowlege of the game mechanics neither in WoT nor in WoP to judge if someone is using cheats or if someone is skilled.

As i told you before - your lack of skill and/or your refusal to learn the game mechanics is the main reason for your misperformance in WoT, and not cheats, hacks or a conspiracy against you by WG.

With your mindset you will also fail in WoWp.

If you really want to get/perform better your first question should be: "What am I doing wrong and what can i do better?" and not "Why are all players better than me cheating?"

Your problem are not mysterious cheats, your problem is your self-assessment. You are far not as good as you think.

Learn the game mechanics, use your brain in battle and you will perform better. 

Well, we're not denying that cheats don't exist at all for these games.

But that the impact they have on any given battle is limited in scope, further limited by a player's skill level.

I can have the best aimbots one could possibly code, but it'll be useless if I have no idea what location it is best utilised at.

Not to mention that skilled players can make better shots than an aimbot currently does.

Some popular WoT streamer showcased it once, and was far from impressed.

Hitting some important module at extreme range?

More RNG than anything else afaik.

Managed a shot exactly like that a week ago, and I doubt I could reproduce it in training rooms even if I tried.

But other than that, you're mostly right, yes.

Some shots can be pretty questionable, but that's more RNG than anything else.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 08 January 2019 - 06:18 PM.

GonerNL #39 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8411 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 January 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Some shots can be pretty questionable, but that's more RNG than anything else.

Not if they're bots ; the one-shot Yak-7 and -9 bots with their 37mm and lately the BV's with rocket salvos are a bit TOO accurate ... no randomness there, they're programmed.

klbergmen #40 Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5201 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 09 January 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Not if they're bots ; the one-shot Yak-7 and -9 bots with their 37mm and lately the BV's with rocket salvos are a bit TOO accurate ... no randomness there, they're programmed.

I think he was talking about WoT where RNG has a much bigger impact on accuracy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users