Chat is locked?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

m249jim #41 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3465 battles
So I have a ban as well, don't know who it was from (the complainant), as I don't remember being offensive to anyone in WoWP (now WoT is a different matter, but you expect that and give back just as hard there);  without a warning (and not knowing which sonwflake you offended), this is a stupid system, from the look of it, you could just report everyone on the opposing team for the fun of it (I'm not going to do that) and get them all banned as well!!!

Vule777 #42 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3614 battles

View PostHorcan, on 11 January 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

I think there are no players who are dedicated to insults, rasist or whatever and who log into games just to insult some race/religion/nation. Most cases are something spontaneous, caused by some action in that game. And while an ignore system is in place, i really dont understand the point of report/banning people for chat reasons. Someone bothers you , you either get to that level and answer him, or you ignore/mute him. But rules are set by developers and they wont justify why. Preety sure not on forums at least.

I think that you are wrong, maybe there is no enough players in WoWp, but in WoT there is often many idiots who dedicate their evening or day to insult nationality, to team kill..etc. I mostly joking when someone start to insult me for being bad player, but I can't mute myself when someone wishes me cancer.

Here in WoWp there is some guy, he have almost 70 years and he insulted me for days, the worse insults about my mother, and I answered him a lot...but after that bit by bit, we started to talk and joking, so now we are friends and we play together often.

Horcan #43 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4874 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 11 January 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Because not all players are adults and so may not have the ability to deal with insults in a rational manner......nor should they have to deal with insults.

The reason i said that is because its a fact since medieval ages. Human race is a wicked one. People enjoy seeing/knowing other people get hurt/punished. So im quite sure 99% of reports are done because reporter want to see/know the other guy punished/being hurt in some manner, not because he is some emo kid who cries when someone raise his voice or was offended by some words.

BravelyRanAway #44 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3440 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostHorcan, on 11 January 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

The reason i said that is because its a fact since medieval ages. Human race is a wicked one.

And every age has it's rules. You agree to rules everytime you agree to an update. All players need is some self-control not to insult in the first place.

I find it's the 'emos' that insult the most.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

houghtonbee #45 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2882 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Maybe chat is down and it just says 'banned' in error? :!

Horcan #46 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4874 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 11 January 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

And every age has it's rules. You agree to rules everytime you agree to an update. All players need is some self-control not to insult in the first place.

I find it's the 'emos' that insult the most.

https://www.youtube....h?v=1c31LiXMj3A

If you imagine that laptop is running Wowp, you know there is a chance to score more points than some players. And when i see them writing in chat "noob team" , but they are playing worse than a monkey, i cant help myself not to insult them.

BravelyRanAway #47 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3440 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Posthoughtonbee, on 11 January 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 11 January 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Really don't know ?:) System works based on players reports and chat logs to avoid cases when someone reports on you without any reason. I've checked your logs and  can say that system works correctly :great: 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

m249jim #48 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3465 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 11 January 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Doubt that, as I can see other players chatting away, but can't add anything myself, which can be annoying, as it's nice to say hello to players you recognise, also you can't indicate on the mini-map where/what your doing, which isn't very helpful.

_EAF_ #49 Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8569 battles
??

Edited by _EAF_, 11 January 2019 - 01:59 PM.

Ensign_Steel #50 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1432 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

I'm on my 2nd 3-day ban in a very short time for the very same reason. I get into the game, I become competitive and I want to win every damn battle I'm in. When people dillydally around and don't seem to understand what they're supposed to do to help the team win, I get frustrated. I admit to being a complete porky mouth when I lose my cool and I'm not proud of it.

The biggest issue I have with the bans is that I can't ping the map. It's an essential part of quick communication with the rest of the team. Other than that, I guess it's good to know that the reporting system does work. Maybe I'll learn one day to take defeats in stride and clean up my act.

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have sex with it

klbergmen #51 Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4961 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It is very important that you CANNOT ping the map when you are banned. Thats one of the big problems in WoT - there you can ignore somebody but he can still flood the whole team with pings.

It is not ok that they activate such a system without any warning

CheefCoach #52 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5482 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I pretty sure that everybody got that ban. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

trefferlage #53 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 999 battles
OMG realy, as if this Chat makes any sense in any way ? take the ban, play, and good…  much more annoying are the bugs

_EAF_ #54 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8569 battles

i think its common error ..i'm not fan of  battle chat for ages and i get same thing and some of my friends get the same and they do not use battle chat too 

if it is a report about chat abuse !!! ...how and when and for what than !!!  and from here i see most of you has too ..so it must be an error some kind 

but at the end its WG high hand here ..but the more annoying thing you can not ping on the mini map while that  

Edited by _EAF_, 11 January 2019 - 05:05 PM.

johncarps #55 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 674 battles

so we have 3 page of post discuss a sanction ?

and 

Do not discuss moderation and sanctions

• Read our Forum Rules to understand why your post was moderated

so it's allowed to make everything

when eekee the sherif were here i have holidaytimes for that

Edited by johncarps, 11 January 2019 - 05:07 PM.

qu'elle est la limite pour déclarer l'échec ?

wlatopa #56 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 9042 battles
My only problem with ban is that i can't call noobs,"noobs shame on you!!!!!","i don't understand how is possible that you have tier VII planes",or " Stop buying planes and go to tier II to learn". For the rest,noobs are noobs......

zen_monk_ #57 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6200 battles
  • [__] __

View Postklbergmen, on 11 January 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

It is very important that you CANNOT ping the map when you are banned. Thats one of the big problems in WoT - there you can ignore somebody but he can still flood the whole team with pings.

It is not ok that they activate such a system without any warning

IIRC there was a mod Pingblocker for "after three pings from someone in 1-2 seconds, don't show them". It saved me a lot of nerves back then.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

zgubny #58 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6993 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View PostVule777, on 11 January 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

I'm banned in chat, why the fk? I can understand for WoT (I play arty most of the time and all wants to make love with my mother so i must answer), but in Planes I don't remember that I insulted anyone ever....

i have the same problem dude : Insults , personnal attacks , abuse , harassement or profanity ® , i'm chat banned for 2 days and 12 hours . I played 5 battles yesterday the 10th of January  (not the day before)

and i reported a guy for insults :  he was particularly insulting . I didn't insult him during the battle , i just answered him after the battle : Hahahaha , dobra robota (Good Job ) because he lost the battle .

I don't know if there is a relation with that but i wonder why i have this ban ...

oh , i was playing with a friend of mine , as a witness he can testify in case .....

Edited by zgubny, 11 January 2019 - 05:21 PM.

Vule777 #59 Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3614 battles

View Postzgubny, on 11 January 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

i have the same problem dude : Insults , personnal attacks , abuse , harassement or profanity ® , i'm chat banned for 2 days and 12 hours . I played 5 battles yesterday the 10th of January  (not the day before)

and i reported a guy for insults :  he was particularly insulting . I didn't insult him during the battle , i just answered him after the battle : Hahahaha , dobra robota (Good Job ) because he lost the battle .

I don't know if there is a relation with that but i wonder why i have this ban ...

oh , i was playing with a friend of mine , as a witness he can testify in case .....

I understand "Dobra robota", you didn't have to translate it. :D

Block Quote

so we have 3 page of post discuss a sanction ?

and 

Do not discuss moderation and sanctions

• Read our Forum Rules to understand why your post was moderated

so it's allowed to make everything

when eekee the sherif were here i have holidaytimes for that

Who talk about moderation? We talk about automated chat ban in game, only me was asking Nevermind what he saw in my log file.

dUG1 #60 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6436 battles

Guys, on official discord, people are reporting getting 3 day chat bans for saying "crap" in chat, and like here, its seems its an epidemic.

My guess is WG introduced stealth ingame chat checker because its literally being processed after a single battle, without any player reports.

The only advice for now, before we got more information - refrain from using chat, because any kind of random word, deemed inappropriate by WG, gets you automatic 3 day chat ban.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users