Is this a beta test ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6901 battles

Really ...

It starts with the game center ; I hope it works with just one account, but I have 3. One on NA and two on EU server. This tool is pathetic ; it can not remember who I am, what my passwords are and on which servers I play. Every other day I have to fill in everything again.

Once I'm actually in game and don't get a black screen or run into the joystick bug (>3 weeks now and counting) I get into some idiotic mess made by match maker. I get attacked by UFOs that don't show up on screen ?! If I actually can play and don't have to abort (joystick bug) I don't get the after battle report, but 'player details could not be retrieved, try again' and I have to give my password (again!).

I hope one day WG will get its act together. But I won't hold my breath ...

klbergmen #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4810 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

I have only one account but for me it isn't working ether. I see the login, I see that there is my login and a password and it tells me that something is wrong with my login credentials. This even happens when I loose connection after I successfully logged in. (same as you described)

I don't use joystick but if keyboard+mouse had the same problems I would stop playing this game.

Black screen, invisibility bug, jumping redspawn point and so on are really anoying, chat is often not working (I didn't get the ban).

If at its core this wouldn't be such a good game I would have stopped a long time ago because of all the bugs.

Support for this game is really crapand now they introduced this ban system without any comment.

To me it looks like this company is managed by students that still learn how to manage a software project. They are doing an awful job. I would get fired if I would work like this.

trefferlage #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 999 battles
To OP  even a open beta is " better ", has less Bugs. i fear, there is no wish , no capacity to solve the Problems, to implement realy interesting Gameplay ( they only aim now is to Level up ) ok..exactly this is the reason wot, WT and all those games are facing a significant shrinking in playernumbers : boring Gameplay, and killed fun factor

invader_from_mars #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5118 battles

Matchmaking is completely broken, well one good thing is that you can leave battles without any sanction. And im going to leave every single match with matchsetups like this:

Your matchmaker works like this, and you DEMAND victory for daily missions...How should i win a match like this? When the top tiers in your group earn LESS PERSONAL POINTS TOGETHER THAN YOU ALONE! So what should i do for the victory? I tell you what, quit battle ASAP and hope next time the enemy team has the braindeads in top tier planes

Killtech #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2534 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 14 January 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

Your matchmaker works like this, and you DEMAND victory for daily missions...How should i win a match like this? When the top tiers in your group earn LESS PERSONAL POINTS TOGETHER THAN YOU ALONE! So what should i do for the victory? I tell you what, quit battle ASAP and hope next time the enemy team has the braindeads in top tier planes

On the other hand this matchmaker is exactly what allows skilled players achieve ridiculously high win rates at any tier solo without any need of stat padding.

I do not understand your line of argument because it heavily contradicts itself. you complain about the win-condition on missions while having 68% win rate and you want exactly the feature changed that allows you to get that many wins? you argue about about matches which you cannot win while also pointing the finger on the key aspect that allows you to have a huge leverage in most games? if you want skill match making - which is a fair opinion - maybe you shouldn't complain about the things that will massively get worse should it be introduced. you are aware that brain-dead players or afk-bots will cherish the most for such a MM change since they will be guaranteed to have good players in their team which means that there is not much benefit for them to play better as that won't improve their number of wins.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3182 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKilltech, on 14 January 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

On the other hand this matchmaker is exactly what allows skilled players achieve ridiculously high win rates at any tier solo without any need of stat padding.

I do not understand your line of argument because it heavily contradicts itself. you complain about the win-condition on missions while having 68% win rate and you want exactly the feature changed that allows you to get that many wins? you argue about about matches which you cannot win while also pointing the finger on the key aspect that allows you to have a huge leverage in most games? if you want skill match making - which is a fair opinion - maybe you shouldn't complain about the things that will massively get worse should it be introduced. you are aware that brain-dead players or afk-bots will cherish the most for such a MM change since they will be guaranteed to have good players in their team which means that there is not much benefit for them to play better as that won't improve their number of wins.

So few understand your excellent point......they best be careful what they wish for.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

RoyalFlyingCorps #7 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13310 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Is your maths right there, invader_from_mars?  Unless I've misidentified a bot as a human, the tier 5 players are in places 2, 3 and 4 and between them they have about 14,000 points.

More generally, I agree with the previous two posters.  You ought to be very careful about calling for skills-based match-making.  Leaving aside the impact on queue times, wouldn't you end up complaining just as much if you were matched against a player roughly as good as yourself, but in a much better plane than yours?

Please don't quit battles.  That is really unfair on your teammates and certainly won't help them improve.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 January 2019 - 07:14 AM.

GonerNL #8 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6901 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 15 January 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Please don't quit battles.  

So I just have to sit and stare at my plane that I can not control ? And with a bit of luck then get shot down over a base and help the enemy flip it ...(don't ask).

klbergmen #9 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4810 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostGonerNL, on 15 January 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

So I just have to sit and stare at my plane that I can not control ? And with a bit of luck then get shot down over a base and help the enemy flip it ...(don't ask).

That's not what he ment and you know that.

I never left a battle because it looked bad for my side and I really don't understand people that do this early in the game.

GonerNL #10 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6901 battles

Sure.

Just that quitting battles is a bit of a sore spot right now ...

But for the record, I do quit battles now & then when matchmaker really fucked up and the enemy gets superiority in 3 minutes. There's a difference between 'looking bad' and 'hopeless'. Looking bad you can still turn into a victory, hopeless not. Also depends on the number of humans in team, with only bots who don't know what they're doing I leave without remorse.

Edited by GonerNL, 15 January 2019 - 10:11 AM.

trefferlage #11 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 999 battles
ATM game is mostly unplayable:: numerous Bugs, black screen in game, kicked out game , kicked from Server, after respawn you can t move or use plane which is on screen, invisible planes... the game, i would say is actual on open Alpha, not more.. i realy like the idea and the game itself, but in fact it is another cap the flag and defend the Tower game..in the end, WT in the back WHO NEEDS ? ok they bought one the title world of warplanes from gajin ( forgot, that it was world of warplanes, not warthunder ? :-) ) but atm i have the Feeling it is a pure try of Money grab with absolute LOW Investment, even a good community moderator has to leave to wot ( by the way, even a bigger BS than wowp ) … still the old Problem : not listening to Players wish, not Jumping into 21 century gamestyle... try to make Money with stoneage Concept... yes, cap the flag was the typical browser game :-) and again, ilike the game, till now more than wot… but this redicoulus low playernumbers, with stats padders through most ranks in their super dooper planes with +100 Crews... no, this will be the coup de gras for this game... and sad to see, that nobody of the devs is realy interested in changing anything… i guess, there is hanging already a pic with black stripe on it in the Office in Cyprus : R.I.P WoWP...

RoyalFlyingCorps #12 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13310 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostGonerNL, on 15 January 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

It’s a different if you can’t participate in a game because of the joystick bugs, of course.  There’s no point being in the battle for you or your teammates under those circumstances, clearly.

trefferlage #13 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 999 battles
Ist not beta.. is not even ALPHA.. it s a bug summary sorry to say, but simply horrible Bugs, no Solutions.. the last who leaves the room please switch of the light 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users