Bombers yes or no?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

trefferlage #1 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 639 battles
Simple question: are bombers fun to play? And if yes which ones are the best ?

CheefCoach #2 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4025 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

They are fun to play. 

The best are: Ju 86E, RB 17, B 32...

Edited by CheefCoach, 13 January 2019 - 09:42 PM.

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

GonerNL #3 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5660 battles

Bombing can be very effective ... but fun ? Not really IMHO. Unless you think cruising at 3000 meters is fun ...

Dive bombing with the Pe-2 or low level bombing with A-26B can be fun, more or less.

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2824 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
I find them very boring.......they remind me of arty in WoT.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

m249jim #5 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2706 battles

Quite like them, I do think of them as the WoWP equivalent of arty, but don't annoy other players as much.

They are limited in their use for normal battles, esp if you only have 3 sectors to capture, once they have gone, you really have nothing to do, as you can't pretend you a fighter, but in some the skies of Albion  missions late last year, they were much more useful and essential to have a few on your team.

Choices have been strange for what we have, no real British line yet, The German line stops at tier 6 with the Do 217M, the Greif and Condor could be higher, the Russian line is missing chunks, yet wasn't really known for its bombers, and the US line has some strange choices, starts at tier IV with a B-17 (why the D version) when say a B-25 or 26 would have maybe been better, then goes to the G and then the B-32 Dominator, which had a very short service life, the B-29 would have been more appropriate as much more heavily used, and had a lot of updates taking it from the B-29 to B-50, and no B-24 (unless their keeping some of these for premiums?)

It's interesting that whenever WoWP posts an image of a bomber on their Facebook feed, the question is always asked when will this be in the game, so there is demand.

houghtonbee #6 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2023 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 January 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

Same, boring way of playing the game unless you happen to direct hit and kill an enemy with the bombs. Rarely bother unless it helps with a mission or special in some way.

trefferlage #7 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 639 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 13 January 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

They are fun to play. 

The best are: Ju 86E, RB 17, B 32...

Ok, obviously all types which are NOT in game anymore :-)

trefferlage #8 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 639 battles

View Postm249jim, on 13 January 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

Quite like them, I do think of them as the WoWP equivalent of arty, but don't annoy other players as much.

They are limited in their use for normal battles, esp if you only have 3 sectors to capture, once they have gone, you really have nothing to do, as you can't pretend you a fighter, but in some the skies of Albion  missions late last year, they were much more useful and essential to have a few on your team.

Choices have been strange for what we have, no real British line yet, The German line stops at tier 6 with the Do 217M, the Greif and Condor could be higher, the Russian line is missing chunks, yet wasn't really known for its bombers, and the US line has some strange choices, starts at tier IV with a B-17 (why the D version) when say a B-25 or 26 would have maybe been better, then goes to the G and then the B-32 Dominator, which had a very short service life, the B-29 would have been more appropriate as much more heavily used, and had a lot of updates taking it from the B-29 to B-50, and no B-24 (unless their keeping some of these for premiums?)

It's interesting that whenever WoWP posts an image of a bomber on their Facebook feed, the question is always asked when will this be in the game, so there is demand.

IMO this game is for shure fighter dominated, like this nonsense WoT is dominated by Lights and fast autoloaders… i tried GAA but most of time u are a moving target, fighter Bombers, ok, bit better, but due to horrid turn time not realy fun also... i see a lot of do 17z( don t know if it s the prem Version ) i agree, lines seem to be a bit constructed caotic… no brits, USA line not to understand why like that… 

Horcan #9 Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3948 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
I really dont hink bombers should have been brought into a fighting game, all they do is split the battle in two, instead of bringing everyone as close to same altitude to have nice fights, they tend to drag heavies and some planes that can climb high into stratosphere. Yeah, i know, bla bla tactical gameplay ..... and its nothing even close to WoT arty... a good arti has to relocate after each shot or being countered, can be easely spotted by agressive spotters , and usually stay in same areas depending on maps. Also , its plain boredom. Nobody bothers you , just release some bombs. Someone bothers you , just release mouse or whatever controller since youre dead anyway in a matter of seconds.

RoyalFlyingCorps #10 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13228 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Posttrefferlage, on 13 January 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

IMO this game is for shure fighter dominated

You're well off the mark there.  That's only true, if at all, of the low tiers.

RoyalFlyingCorps #11 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13228 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
So what do I think of bombers?  Well, for the reason that they provide another factor that must be assessed tactically in a battle I suppose they're welcome.  I even occasionally enjoy racing around the map at mid-altitude in an RB-17 from time to time or carpet bombing with a B-32 now and then.  But, for the most part, I leave bombers for others to play.

klbergmen #12 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4369 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 January 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

I really like Arty in WoT and I somewhat like bombers. But Arty is more fun :D

Grison_SE #13 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Airman Basic

• 466 battles
Only bomer I have so far is the Ju 86E, slow, vulnerable, quite high HP, but lousy self defence. Still waiting for my first kill in self defence. Quite useful in T2-T3 battles, easily outperformed in T3-T4 battles, though.
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

trefferlage #14 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 639 battles
Thanks for your comments, which are appreciated. I guess i will wait, if they ever will implement fast attack Bombers like the marauder or the mitchell… but due to the lack of Teamplay, even in an attacker or mutlirole u have Problems …  

klbergmen #15 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4369 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View Posttrefferlage, on 15 January 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thanks for your comments, which are appreciated. I guess i will wait, if they ever will implement fast attack Bombers like the marauder or the mitchell… but due to the lack of Teamplay, even in an attacker or mutlirole u have Problems …

The A-26 is actually in the game. The Pe-2's are also fast bombers (but not easy to play)

Ground attackers can be frustrating in low tier but become very strong in high tier.

There are good multiroles in all tiers.

GonerNL #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5660 battles

You can use the Blenheim F as attack bomber.

Problem with all heavies and bombers is that they were nerfed, less speed at low alt and vulnerable to their own bomb explosions (!?). The A-26 and Pe-2 suffer from same problem. Divebombing works better especially Pe-2 and Ar-2.

RoyalFlyingCorps #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13228 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I haven’t played the A-26 since it was nerfed (double nerfed, in fact, IIRC, since there was the general bomber nerf and it had its own particular nerf too).  Given it was best on the deck at high speed I imagine it’s now pretty unpleasant to play.

There’s an important point here.  The A-26 is a premium aircraft for which many people paid real money, yet the WoWP team considered that the owners of this item had no rights and that therefore it could change the attributes of what they had bought without asking and without offering compensation or the chance for a refund.  The same goes for the RB-17.

Remember that the next time they try to tempt you to buy one of their premiums.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 January 2019 - 02:37 PM.

GonerNL #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5660 battles

Well, it's not just premiums ... I grinded thru the F7F and elited and specialized the XF5U because of what I saw it do in action.

Now I finally have it and then they didn't just nerf it, they neutered it !!

RoyalFlyingCorps #19 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13228 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Well, there’s a history of this kind of thing, isn’t there?  There’s the unannounced nerf of the Soviet female pilot not two weeks after a weekend event that encouraged players to spend many, many hours playing the game in order to have a chance of winning her as a prize, for instance.  Then there’s the complete mess the team made of compensating players for their “gold” equipment when the patch 2.0.5 equipment progression system was introduced.  That’s to say nothing of the nonsense of the Community Contributor programme, which no one will admit has been abandoned, and the withdrawal of any attempt to engage with the playing community in a meaningful way.

So much of what the WoWP team does is disorganised and amateurish almost nothing surprises me these days.  The goodwill and excitement that came with the version 2 launch has been completely squandered and has been replaced by frustration, exasperation and, more and more recently, indifference.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 January 2019 - 03:22 PM.

trefferlage #20 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 639 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 15 January 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

I haven’t played the A-26 since it was nerfed (double nerfed, in fact, IIRC, since there was the general bomber nerf and it had its own particular nerf too).  Given it was best on the deck at high speed I imagine it’s now pretty unpleasant to play.

There’s an important point here.  The A-26 is a premium aircraft for which many people paid real money, yet the WoWP team considered that the owners of this item had no rights and that therefore it could change the attributes of what they had bought without asking and without offering compensation or the chance for a refund.  The same goes for the RB-17.

Remember that the next time they try to tempt you to buy one of their premiums.

Very well spoken, thats the horrid old wg fashionb, i guess those, who are not in Need for WoT have to deal with WoWP… i spended only 6€ here ( had some nice Gold from woT, which i already uninstalled and never ever will touch again… i like the fast arcade style, but not this typical WG behaviour in combination with absolute incompetent programming , problemsolving and not existing Marketing and playersupport. to be honest, i consider this game to be DEAD atm... i gues only shame is preventing them from Closing the Servers... today i was realy nearly buying another t5 prem, but know what ? after my experience in game a clear NO GO …  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users