Chat and AFK bans

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

blindfoId #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

Greetings pilots,

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk). 

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

GonerNL #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8416 battles

Nice.

So whenever I get the joystick bug and have to crash or even quit the battle and get no points, I will be banned ? :amazed: 

I've been chat banned this weekend so I could not tell other players why I quit ... so they report me and I get another ban.

Oh, by the way ; when you ban someone ; a message with why you did would be polite. The only times I used bad language was every time I had to quit again, so that is probably why, but I would like to know.

Piq_Mastika #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5692 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 14 January 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Nice.

So whenever I get the joystick bug and have to crash or even quit the battle and get no points, I will be banned ? :amazed:

I've been chat banned this weekend so I could not tell other players why I quit ... so they report me and I get another ban.

Oh, by the way ; when you ban someone ; a message with why you did would be polite. The only times I used bad language was every time I had to quit again, so that is probably why, but I would like to know.

Why you leave when you have joystick bug? Next time try this: hold the score screen button (default tab) and try to move the mouse, when it moves, release tab and everything should be normalized.

When I have black screen I don't leave the game, instead I use ctrl+alt+del and terminate WOWP. Then I start it again and reconnect to the battle (of course it may be lose again, but still not leaver/afk)

CheefCoach #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5843 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Aren't you two months late with this notification?
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

CheefCoach #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5843 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 14 January 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Why you leave when you have joystick bug? Next time try this: hold the score screen button (default tab) and try to move the mouse, when it moves, release tab and everything should be normalized.

When I have black screen I don't leave the game, instead I use ctrl+alt+del and terminate WOWP. Then I start it again and reconnect to the battle (of course it may be lose again, but still not leaver/afk)

I just use alt+f4 when I get black screen. Than I jump back into the battle ASAP. It stile need to be fixed. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Piq_Mastika #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5692 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostCheefCoach, on 14 January 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

I just use alt+f4 when I get black screen. Than I jump back into the battle ASAP. It stile need to be fixed.

Alt+f4 is an option, but sometimes the process is still running and windows sends you an error message.

m249jim #7 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3588 battles

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 14 January 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Alt+f4 is an option, but sometimes the process is still running and windows sends you an error message.

Open the task manager and kill WoWP, then you will be able to restart the game.

Which is an issue, how do WG intend to differentiate between players who are AFK on purpose, and players whose game crashes at start, or on re-spawn? 

The crashing on start is getting better (less) but find this happens most  often when selecting a different class, tier  & country from the previously played aircraft.  Say I am playing for 1hr, this will happen at least once during this time, and there is no point in raising a ticket, as they always want screen shots and the best I could send them is a shot of my desktop.

For the chat bans, this was been very poorly communicated that you were going to suddenly enforce it, having played WoT, WoWS and WoWP for the last few years, WoWP doesn't really have an issue with language/toxicity, and no way to the same level as WoT (and that is the same rating as WoWP), even WoWS is worse than WoWP.  A suggestion to decrease 'toxicity' woudl be to get rid of the bots stupidly chatting away, as they get abuse for being bots & stuplidly chatting; maybe they could same something useful, like where they are going?  What about auto-censoring (staring out) specific words, we'll soon get the message as to what words we can and can't say.

Additionally, can the map ping be removed from the chat ban, as being able to use the mini-map can be essential during battle, and from a non-banned perspective will make you think that other real players are AFK, and could lead to more complaints about this (vicious circle)!

For the time frames, 7 days seems excessive if your want to start blocking accounts where the game has issues with crashes, esp when players have premium accounts i.e their fininacally supporting the game.

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:23 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14554 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
<sigh>

So many things wrong with the game and here's the WoWP team picking at its navel in an effort to remove a fluffy term or two from chat...I can't say I'm impressed with the priorities this team sets itself.

Horcan #9 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5101 battles

You didnt learned anything from WoT with automated systems? Whoever is emotionally unstable and cant handle some harsh words should check a psychiatrist, disable chat, or simply block whoever they dont like. So basically, when i write to a flight of 2 OP planes that they should go to hell together with the stupid MM that allow flight vs no flight and to have fun vs bots because i quit , im 2/3 to a chat ban for 3 days or for being afk, because most likely they both report me for whatever the two reasons. Or if i see someone i dont like, i can simply report him anyway even if he doesnt write on chat, maybe eventually he gather 3 reports anyway , just for fun.

If you want to kill the game theres an easier way. It involves a power cord. You just have to plug it out of the wall.

And what its the most amazing of all, they can program an automated system to chat ban humans, but they cant program a simple checkbox to allow us to disable freaking bot chat.

Edited by Horcan, 14 January 2019 - 05:35 PM.

KurriKlown #10 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1728 battles
  • [H2TF] H2TF

Finally some news on why it's so quiet ingame and map pings aren't possible any more. It's really really quiet, seems like 75% or more players got silenced :B

My chat block has probably been long overdue, it's a wonder I was banned or blocked earlier.

Ensign_Steel #11 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1432 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

Well, that explains it for my bans. Hell, I take flak from others every now and then, couldn't care less and doesn't affect me the slightest. If someone from the enemy team starts accusing me of cheating, whining at me or something, I get a rush of endorphins out of it.

But I guess some people have grown up in bubble wrap. This automatic system is absolutely ridiculous and idiotic. Oh well, I guess I'll be talking and pinging like once a week or something, living from ban to ban.

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have sex with it

invader_from_mars #12 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7098 battles

LOL so if i say "noob" or "idiot" ban occurs :D This is hilarious :D In World of Tanks you can turn off ingame chat, but here you can't. So if you are banned, you HAVE TO read the curses of other ppl, but can't reply, or turn off chat :D LOL This made my day :D Wargaming, you are the BEST :D

Edited by invader_from_mars, 14 January 2019 - 06:26 PM.

klbergmen #13 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

First of all I like that they do something against bots (I mean not the ingame bots - the other bots...)

But there is an automated system in place since around 1 month and only now you tell us that if I for example tell the ingame bots to "[edited]shut up" I get banned ? Do the bots get banned if they call me a cheater ?

I give you this - you started the new year with a bang :D

McTorpe #14 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

All the system is ineffective.

First:

I do not say anything in tier 1 to 5. They are newbies.

I do not say anything in tier 9 and 10. They are better players than me and go to the bases that they must go.

I say at the beginning of the battle "only bots and brainless to center" when there are Garrison at center and Military Bases at right and left.

Then, I can see 3 bots and 8 brainless players to center. I call them all brainless. IN T6, T7 AND T8 THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF EVERY TYPE OF BASE! I should call them brainless. Especially those who buy a premium T8 and annoy the game because they do not even have a regular T4 and do not have experience to play high tiers. Do they go to a gun fight with a knife and get offended? I am offended, they have ruined my battle

When I see an Spitfire XIV in top tier with 900 personal points while other players have 4500, I call them useless. If they continue, I report them as bots.

Thats all my profanities: brainless and useless. Anyone have screenshot of other insult? Show me, please. And, am I banned to the chat? Ridiculous! Four babies who do not how to play and they are offended by calling them brainless? Childish! Is it only necessary three reports a week to expel you? Absurd!

I report 5 bots every day (I only report bots and I need, at least, 15 reports more every day) and I have screenshots of the performance in battle of them. Can I show you? I have more than 150 screenshots and more than 4 or 5 screenshots of the same players with more than 3500 batles and less than 2k pp, Spitfires with 3k ground damage and 132 aerial damage, IL-8 and higher with 2k aerial damage and 0 ground damage or 50k ground damage and zero sections destroyed. AND THEY CONTINUE PLAYING!

1.- We must wait a month to verify it? I can show you in a screenshot of two or more battles in the same day. You only must play and see it. Immediate ban.

2.- Without inflicting any damage? The bots do damage. Not much or not properly. That parameter is not valid.

And you are so generous as to allow us to put a ticket to claim the unjust sanction and will you respond when the sanction has been completed? Do you take us for fools?

All the system is ineffective.

Edited by McTorpe, 14 January 2019 - 09:36 PM.

BravelyRanAway #15 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3474 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Guys, I don't mind insults.

But you have to look at this from a business perspective, in order to achieve a low age rating and reach a bigger audience. It's always about the money.

Although, I wish they'd have spend that time fixing bugs instead.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

zen_monk_ #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6633 battles
  • [__] __

I've played this evening with my chat ban lifted. But I haven't typed a word besides the test with "uzgtkjgh". NOT A SINGLE MESSAGE was exchanged entire evening with a lot of people in many games. Either they are all banned or like me, don't feel like typing anything - who knows what this automated thingy will do.

The only ones who communicated were the bots. Irritating and insulting as ever - but hey, Skynet will not chat ban them.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

Humboldt_ #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2884 battles
Got a ban also must be my foul mouth when the bugs in this game get so frustrating that I lose my cool , as soon as chat disable becomes available it will be switched on. As for the ban for AFK it was the loading into battle late CTD & black screen no control bug that kicked me out of games , if i get a ban for that shame on you Persha for your'e broken game.

RoyalFlyingCorps #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14554 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostHumboldt_, on 15 January 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

[A]s soon as chat disable becomes available it will be switched on.

This is an important point.  It is ridiculous that chat cannot be switched off.  Given that the algorithm appears to be set to tag words that are, at most, mild oaths and that the human reviews appear to be being carried out by people with a poor knowledge of English - most likely any language other than Russian too, I suspect - players ought to have available the safety measure of disabling chat to protect themselves.

More generally, this new chat moderation regime simply increases my feeling that the WoWP team, at least so far as player populations outside Russia are concerned, is in "siege mode", not listening and not prepared to engage.  It doesn't want to work with us; instead, it wants us to control us, wants us to shut up, and wants us to spend money on the game as it is, bugs and all.

That is a game heading for extinction in the West, if so.  That kind of Neanderthal approach may work in Russia, where unfairness and ineptitude may be accepted as part and parcel of daily life, but it certainly won't wash in Europe and America.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 January 2019 - 07:26 AM.

GonerNL #19 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8416 battles

View PostHumboldt_, on 15 January 2019 - 03:15 AM, said:

Got a ban also must be my foul mouth when the bugs in this game get so frustrating that I lose my cool , as soon as chat disable becomes available it will be switched on. As for the ban for AFK it was the loading into battle late CTD & black screen no control bug that kicked me out of games , if i get a ban for that shame on you Persha for your'e broken game.

That.

I get banned because I criticize WG (probably used some profanity there) every time I can not control my plane and tell my team I have to quit and why. Then I can not even tell other players why I have to crash or quit and they report me for botting !! 

And there's more wrong with chat.

My friend list showed nobody on-line but I flew twice against a friend in same battle !! He wasn't banned but also had an empty friend list.

Meanwhile, the joystick bug enters its 4th week :amazed: ... top priority, sure WG.

Edited by GonerNL, 15 January 2019 - 07:55 AM.

McTorpe #20 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles
I forgot another type of bot, the one that goes flying around the battlefield with zero pp, it is not gray (without connection) and, when you shoot it, it maneuvers trying to escape ... crashing to the ground!

I repeat, you only must play and see it. Immediate ban.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users