• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #21 Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostblindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

The content rating applied to the game is "12+".

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/forum-396/announcement-9-world-of-warplanes-game-rules/

1. General Provisions

1.01. In order to register, players must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.

Interesting juxtaposition.  I'm not saying it's wrong, but it appears we have to be adults yet assume we are in the company of children.

blindfoId #22 Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

AFK/Bot ban is issued only if the percentage of battles where you dealt no damage is high enough. So if game crashes/you get black screen/internet connection is lost you won't get banned as it is obvious that percentage of such battles won't be high enough.

Issuing bans and un-banning are fully on the Customer Care and doesn't require developers' involvement. If you face any problem when contacting the Customer Support please do not hesitate to send me your ticket number via PM with the description of your problem. 

The developers team which is responsible for the game development and bug fixing is not involved in the process of banning or un-banning. Bans are issued weekly (insults and provocation) and monthly (afk/bot behaviour). 

The percentage of battles with dealing no damage should be really high to get banned for afk/bot. The first wave of afk/bot bans was two weeks ago, and you may see that you were not banned, so "ghost battles" and other game issues (disconnects, crashes, black screen) won't get your banned.

The restrictions are imposed for violating game rules such as profanity, inappropriate language, bypassing the censor filter, insults, personal attacks, abuse, harassment and spamming or posting nonsensical messages. It is written in the game rules and you accept the rules when launching the game. Using bad words is bad, it is that simple. Let's stay civilized, guys. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #23 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
That’s a useful post on who does what, blindfold.

stiletto_hades666 #24 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 3810 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
Awesome system when it banned chat for my clan mate during a week in which my clan mate didn't even play a game. I got chat banned probably for using F. word. 1st case - to mention that 262 rear gun is f..ing op (no actual offend of player) and 2nd use (in platoon chat!) - that even f..ing GA was trying to kill me (also mentioning that it is not typical for GA try to kill fighter plane). Otherwise it could be the case of false report by the 92 % players from which I'm better. Do you have system how to control bad players reporting better players from outplaying them and then rage reporting us from whatever reason. Also since that chat ban I WANT TO HAVE OPTION TO DISABLE THE CHAT. To prove you that we are falsely  reported.

stiletto_hades666 #25 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

Airman Basic

• 3810 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
So i got chat ban in time i was not playing. When I turned out on customer support they replied 2 days later that chat ban expired already. I asked them about the reason why I received ban. They didn't reply on it. When i pointed out that automatic system might be reason or possibly I could receive false reports(against what i cannot do anything) they pointed me to forum. What a nice customer support and company willing to listen feedback.

blindfoId #26 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Poststiletto_hades666, on 12 February 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

So i got chat ban in time i was not playing. When I turned out on customer support they replied 2 days later that chat ban expired already. I asked them about the reason why I received ban. They didn't reply on it. When i pointed out that automatic system might be reason or possibly I could receive false reports(against what i cannot do anything) they pointed me to forum. What a nice customer support and company willing to listen feedback.

Could you please send me your ticket number?

RoyalFlyingCorps #27 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Poststiletto_hades666, on 24 January 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Awesome system when it banned chat for my clan mate during a week in which my clan mate didn't even play a game. I got chat banned probably for using F. word. 1st case - to mention that 262 rear gun is f..ing op (no actual offend of player) and 2nd use (in platoon chat!) - that even f..ing GA was trying to kill me (also mentioning that it is not typical for GA try to kill fighter plane). Otherwise it could be the case of false report by the 92 % players from which I'm better. Do you have system how to control bad players reporting better players from outplaying them and then rage reporting us from whatever reason. Also since that chat ban I WANT TO HAVE OPTION TO DISABLE THE CHAT. To prove you that we are falsely  reported.

It is a complete nonsense to implement a highly restrictive banning system and not allow players who might let slip an oath in the heat of battle to switch the system off.  Get this feature implemented soon, please.

Ace42X #28 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 15 January 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

More generally, this new chat moderation regime simply increases my feeling that the WoWP team, at least so far as player populations outside Russia are concerned, is in "siege mode", not listening and not prepared to engage.  It doesn't want to work with us; instead, it wants us to control us, wants us to shut up, and wants us to spend money on the game as it is, bugs and all.

That is a game heading for extinction in the West, if so.  That kind of Neanderthal approach may work in Russia, where unfairness and ineptitude may be accepted as part and parcel of daily life, but it certainly won't wash in Europe and America.

Agreed, the current system is draconian and rubbish.  It's not stopped toxic players being abusive in chat, it's just made it impossible to retort if you're arbitrarily on a 3-day ban at the time; and good luck reporting them if you've witnessed and reported 5 or more AFK bots by that point.

If you're going to place chat-bans on people based solely on the appearance of keywords in chat:  JUST BLOCK THOSE KEYWORDS FFS.  It's not like we can psychically know what innocuous, mild, and every-day curse words happen to be prohibited.

elias_the_great #29 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2478 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 21 February 2019 - 03:19 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

BravelyRanAway #30 Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3439 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postelias_the_great, on 17 February 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

edited

The system is automatic, there are words that trip it, you managed to find them, you already know what word tripped it to ban you as you mentioned it above.

You also got upset with someone and felt the need to reply to him via PM......why would you even go there? Leave him in his ignorance.

Even back in WW2 there were certain standards regarding manners.....that's one of the things that grandparents fought for, you know, manners and civility to each other. I'm quite sure you grandparents didn't fight for the right for you to curse at young children and teenagers.

So, you may want to grow up yourself first.

This game is aimed at a certain age group, so as a business WG have some commitments to retain that classification, just like G or PG, 15's and X-rated movies and games.

Edited by 11poseidon11, 21 February 2019 - 03:20 PM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

blackmoomba #31 Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7152 battles

The problem with the chat ban is that it's triggered automatically by words, and the ban is issued... i bothered myself to file a ticket, the support person checked the log, was nice enough to provide me the "evidence" but didn't bother to analyze the context. It was in no way big profanity, and it wasn't said as an insult, abuse, or anything else. The context was quite obvious one of joking... and context is quite F relevant.

As for the AFK bans, while i'm not one that does go AFK for a lot of games or haves a lot of crashes... it is annoying when i get black-screen, even if i Alt-F4 the game, the interface is in 90% of the time screwed up when rejoining, as in no target, or the reticle is way off.

elias_the_great #32 Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2478 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 17 February 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

The system is automatic, there are words that trip it, you managed to find them, you already know what word tripped it to ban you as you mentioned it above.

You also got upset with someone and felt the need to reply to him via PM......why would you even go there? Leave him in his ignorance.

Even back in WW2 there were certain standards regarding manners.....that's one of the things that grandparents fought for, you know, manners and civility to each other. I'm quite sure you grandparents didn't fight for the right for you to curse at young children and teenagers.

So, you may want to grow up yourself first.

This game is aimed at a certain age group, so as a business WG have some commitments to retain that classification, just like G or PG, 15's and X-rated movies and games.

Well i could leave him in his ignorance....but i tried to make him understand that there is no such thing as perfect plane/line in the game and everything has a place...Zero outurn the Spit for example... And because i care for this game...i care, i want people to be better and if i can help them,i will,even if i tell them that they are "uselless when they go mid sicne there is a garrison there"...a crybaby will report me...but someone with more than two braincells will ask me "why" and i will tell him. This game used to have in its game rules/agreement that you must be 18+ to play this game...Unless you are a Saint(and you dont talk trash in your everyday life) you know that someone 18+ wont have any problem cursing or receiving curses in a video game...unless he lives in a bubble.If they want to change their target group to more childish...so be it,but at least let me ping.This automated system is stupid and should be fixed or removed...

(As for the WWs  you completely miss the point of the "example")

BravelyRanAway #33 Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3439 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postelias_the_great, on 17 February 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

This game used to have in its game rules/agreement that you must be 18+ to play this game...Unless you are a Saint(and you dont talk trash in your everyday life) you know that someone 18+ wont have any problem cursing or receiving curses in a video game...unless he lives in a bubble.If they want to change their target group to more childish.

It's now Pegi 7, it's up to you to read the rules. It was never 18+, but was rated 'Teen' for over 12's. I don't trash talk in my everyday life but I'm no saint.

But I do know how to express myself without turning the air blue.

I didn't miss your point regarding WW's, it was a silly point to make. Complete hyperbole. You think that because grandparents had a hard time we shouldn't care about lesser things...I hate to burst your bubble, but even in those WW's some people had standards to keep when it came to being civil.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Piq_Mastika #34 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5165 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postelias_the_great, on 17 February 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

edited

edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 21 February 2019 - 03:24 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insult

klbergmen #35 Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4961 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 18 February 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

edited

You still didn't get a ban ? Shame on you :teethhappy:

Edited by 11poseidon11, 21 February 2019 - 03:25 PM.

m249jim #36 Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3465 battles
And another ban, 3rd so far, gettign good at getting chat bans!!

Hector_of_Troy #37 Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 1478 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Well i must have said a naughty word and have been imposed a ban for 4 days for this, what a complete and utter joke this is!

A game with more bugs in it than a 'tramps vest' and a chat system that seems to work when it wants too.. epic excellent business development on WG part no wonder your user base is so low. WOT has a far more toxic chat and they only receive a 24hr ban!

Too add to this we now have a campaign that's started and that too is full of bugs just like the old Xmas Albion campaign a few years ago...cant read the missions correctly and so its almost impossible to read & complete the missions..slow clap WG excellent execution but hey concentrate on the things that don't effect everyone like crashes and bugs WG.... don't ever change pls

Please concentrate on the things that matter like getting your game 'fit for purpose'? its like a car manufacturer building a car that's unreliable & never starts but must get the colour scheme correct 1st!! complete fruit cakes

apartclassic #38 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 17558 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
I did get chat-banned already, coming back to the game after a long break. I didn't realize even the private chat is monitored by the bot, and I can't talk with my buddies like grown-ups do, we have to be polite and civilized to each other. The first ban was lifted after I appealed, the Support reviewed the ban and decided the punishment was too harsh (rightly so). In reply to the second ban, I finally managed to get some quotes why I was banned. And imagine this - 'red blob' for a group of enemy planes in one spot that on the radar look like... well... red blob... is offensive and was cited as one of the reasons for ban (twice, actually). I don't mean to discuss the exact key words or phrases that trigger the bot. My point is it is an online game, with some sort of community in it. Part of building a community is enabling it to communicate. Now, quite a lot of time the chat doesn't work at all (and been like that since 1.0, for all that remember those days) and when it does, it forces you to behave as if you were visiting a kindergarten. 'Awful performance there old chap, you might want to change your game style next time', 'can you please stop being not polite to me and kindly go look for some other targets to shoot at', 'I find your words and/or behaviour distasteful and I would rather you watch your language, sir' - is that the way we should communicate here? Seriously? Apart from that, do you know what language economy is? Ever tried typing above sentences when you were in battle, being shot at or shooting someone else. etc etc? Chat functionality issues PLUS an automated ban system effectively killed the chat in general, the only time I see anyone use chat is in private messages, and rage bursts in battle from people who either don't care anymore or don't have a chat ban at this moment. Online game with so restricted communication is - and let's honour the chat guidelines here - not exactly suited to players' needs and might encounter some small issues with building a thriving community in it. On a side note - since I quoted an 'offensive' phrase, will that get me banned here or my post edited? And will I be able to get an explanation why? Do you see my point?

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #39 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6187 battles
  • [__] __

View Postapartclassic, on 12 March 2019 - 03:00 AM, said:

. 'Awful performance there old chap, you might want to change your game style next time',

I actually quite like this one, thank you. Maybe I'll copy/paste it into battles sometimes.

Along with "Educate thyself in the fine art of gaming, sire" and the likes :trollface:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

0berhessen #40 Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3143 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 12 March 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

I actually quite like this one, thank you. Maybe I'll copy/paste it into battles sometimes.

Along with "Educate thyself in the fine art of gaming, sire" and the likes :trollface:

:DAlas, sire....:D

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users