Jump to content


Chat and AFK bans


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #21 Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13232 battles
  • 369
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

View PostblindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

The content rating applied to the game is "12+".

 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/forum-396/announcement-9-world-of-warplanes-game-rules/

 

1. General Provisions

1.01. In order to register, players must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.

 

Interesting juxtaposition.  I'm not saying it's wrong, but it appears we have to be adults yet assume we are in the company of children.



blindfoId #22 Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Developer
  • 21 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

AFK/Bot ban is issued only if the percentage of battles where you dealt no damage is high enough. So if game crashes/you get black screen/internet connection is lost you won't get banned as it is obvious that percentage of such battles won't be high enough.

Issuing bans and un-banning are fully on the Customer Care and doesn't require developers' involvement. If you face any problem when contacting the Customer Support please do not hesitate to send me your ticket number via PM with the description of your problem. 

 

The developers team which is responsible for the game development and bug fixing is not involved in the process of banning or un-banning. Bans are issued weekly (insults and provocation) and monthly (afk/bot behaviour). 

The percentage of battles with dealing no damage should be really high to get banned for afk/bot. The first wave of afk/bot bans was two weeks ago, and you may see that you were not banned, so "ghost battles" and other game issues (disconnects, crashes, black screen) won't get your banned.

 

The restrictions are imposed for violating game rules such as profanity, inappropriate language, bypassing the censor filter, insults, personal attacks, abuse, harassment and spamming or posting nonsensical messages. It is written in the game rules and you accept the rules when launching the game. Using bad words is bad, it is that simple. Let's stay civilized, guys. 



RoyalFlyingCorps #23 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13232 battles
  • 369
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016
That’s a useful post on who does what, blindfold.

stiletto_hades666 #24 Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 3195 battles
  • 5
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    05-21-2016
Awesome system when it banned chat for my clan mate during a week in which my clan mate didn't even play a game. I got chat banned probably for using F. word. 1st case - to mention that 262 rear gun is f..ing op (no actual offend of player) and 2nd use (in platoon chat!) - that even f..ing GA was trying to kill me (also mentioning that it is not typical for GA try to kill fighter plane). Otherwise it could be the case of false report by the 92 % players from which I'm better. Do you have system how to control bad players reporting better players from outplaying them and then rage reporting us from whatever reason. Also since that chat ban I WANT TO HAVE OPTION TO DISABLE THE CHAT. To prove you that we are falsely  reported.

stiletto_hades666 #25 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 3195 battles
  • 5
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    05-21-2016
So i got chat ban in time i was not playing. When I turned out on customer support they replied 2 days later that chat ban expired already. I asked them about the reason why I received ban. They didn't reply on it. When i pointed out that automatic system might be reason or possibly I could receive false reports(against what i cannot do anything) they pointed me to forum. What a nice customer support and company willing to listen feedback.

blindfoId #26 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Developer
  • 21 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View Poststiletto_hades666, on 12 February 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

So i got chat ban in time i was not playing. When I turned out on customer support they replied 2 days later that chat ban expired already. I asked them about the reason why I received ban. They didn't reply on it. When i pointed out that automatic system might be reason or possibly I could receive false reports(against what i cannot do anything) they pointed me to forum. What a nice customer support and company willing to listen feedback.

 

Could you please send me your ticket number?

RoyalFlyingCorps #27 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13232 battles
  • 369
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

View Poststiletto_hades666, on 24 January 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Awesome system when it banned chat for my clan mate during a week in which my clan mate didn't even play a game. I got chat banned probably for using F. word. 1st case - to mention that 262 rear gun is f..ing op (no actual offend of player) and 2nd use (in platoon chat!) - that even f..ing GA was trying to kill me (also mentioning that it is not typical for GA try to kill fighter plane). Otherwise it could be the case of false report by the 92 % players from which I'm better. Do you have system how to control bad players reporting better players from outplaying them and then rage reporting us from whatever reason. Also since that chat ban I WANT TO HAVE OPTION TO DISABLE THE CHAT. To prove you that we are falsely  reported.

 

It is a complete nonsense to implement a highly restrictive banning system and not allow players who might let slip an oath in the heat of battle to switch the system off.  Get this feature implemented soon, please.

Ace42X #28 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:54 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 913 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 15 January 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

More generally, this new chat moderation regime simply increases my feeling that the WoWP team, at least so far as player populations outside Russia are concerned, is in "siege mode", not listening and not prepared to engage.  It doesn't want to work with us; instead, it wants us to control us, wants us to shut up, and wants us to spend money on the game as it is, bugs and all.

 

That is a game heading for extinction in the West, if so.  That kind of Neanderthal approach may work in Russia, where unfairness and ineptitude may be accepted as part and parcel of daily life, but it certainly won't wash in Europe and America.

 

Agreed, the current system is draconian and rubbish.  It's not stopped toxic players being abusive in chat, it's just made it impossible to retort if you're arbitrarily on a 3-day ban at the time; and good luck reporting them if you've witnessed and reported 5 or more AFK bots by that point.

If you're going to place chat-bans on people based solely on the appearance of keywords in chat:  JUST BLOCK THOSE KEYWORDS FFS.  It's not like we can psychically know what innocuous, mild, and every-day curse words happen to be prohibited.

elias_the_great #29 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Conquest Member
  • 1737 battles
  • 32
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR
  • Member since:
    01-06-2014

So....the reason i am chat banned twice was a stupid robot that cannot understand why i am using "bad" worlds???????To be fair i am not the kindest of people,specially in a game that runs in 17 fps in dogfights,crashes all the time and has unbalanced lines like the Spifire and late tier Yaks still untuched by the nerf hammer....I dont use chat that much since the first ban and i have to say that i was toxic some times to people but why did i got the second ban? I PRESENT TO YOU THE 3 TIMES I TALKED IN CHAT AND WHY:

 

  1. "Spitfire is the best plane in the game" :  Thats excactly what a player told me in a t4-5 MM game, i was flying the t4 A6M1 zero...fully specialized and with all the equipment in gold and with aerodynamics expert resulting in a 7.1 seconds turning circle! I engaged myself with him twice(flying a spitfire I)andmanaged  to kill him both times...And then he typed in chat "nice hack Elias,say hello to the ban hammer". I replied saying "kek"...nothing moreThen i went in hangar and checked his stats and he had 49% win rate and only playing Spits...then i replied "You dont have the experience to judge/distinguish a good player from a cheater" then i send him a print screen with a comparison of both machines as the game site suggests...He told that i lie and that the spit is the best plane in the game...i never replied and didnt report him even though he "insulted me"(as your chat banning robot suggests)
  2. "Broken pice of sh*t " : That what i said to someone flying the XF-85 Goblin....not gonna touch to that fully but i am glad that it was that expensive! So i was flying my F2H at relatively low for a t9 heavy(like 2 kms) and the goblin player tailed me...i used 20 seconds of boost plus 7 more from Resilience and i managed to creat distance with it purely due to Resiliance boost...and no i wasnt climbing with a 90 degree climb  but a relatively small angle of 30 degrees and he was still behind me for more than 20 seconds no problem...anyway, i manage to get at 4800 meters and turned around and kill him(he was head on with me,dont know why) and when i killed him i called his plane as the tittle suggests....Did Skynet banned for that or...?
  3. "Such a fair plane the Yak 30 is" :I was flying the Me P.1101 (t10 German fighter) and i was trying to do the "5 heavy kills in a battle" challenge for the 203. It was kanda late at night and there was only one player on the other team, a Yak-30...I dont concider the Yak 30 as broken and unbalanced as the yak 19 and 15 are for their tiers but what happened that game blew my mind:i went to flip the cap and kill my heavies in the middle and i say this guy turning to kill a bot and found him a juicy target...i shot him, and then i pulled up to disengage...he managed to catch me and kill me in a 70 degree climb with a full boost...and i said in chat "What a nice and fair plane the Yak-30 is","6 seconds of turner boost is better than a 8 seconds BnZmer boost,f*ck this unbalanced game"

 

Sooooooooo....why did i got banned people?! I would like to know...Even though i am toxic to people,most of the times i have my reasons to be. I dont woke today telling myself  "i am gonna talk trash to people in WoWp". I hate that we have to play in a world that it is far more different that then one we live in,so protective and fake...it discusts me... Our grandparents fought in two World Wars and we cry to our mommy because "bad guy Elias called me uselless?" Where is this society going?Grow up!!!



BravelyRanAway #30 Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3002 battles
  • 1,166
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postelias_the_great, on 17 February 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Sooooooooo....why did i got banned people?! I would like to know...Even though i am toxic to people,most of the times i have my reasons to be. I dont woke today telling myself  "i am gonna talk trash to people in WoWp". I hate that we have to play in a world that it is far more different that then one we live in,so protective and fake...it discusts me... Our grandparents fought in two World Wars and we cry to our mommy because "bad guy Elias called me uselless?" Where is this society going?Grow up!!!

The system is automatic, there are words that trip it, you managed to find them, you already know what word tripped it to ban you as you mentioned it above.

You also got upset with someone and felt the need to reply to him via PM......why would you even go there? Leave him in his ignorance.

Even back in WW2 there were certain standards regarding manners.....that's one of the things that grandparents fought for, you know, manners and civility to each other. I'm quite sure you grandparents didn't fight for the right for you to curse at young children and teenagers.

So, you may want to grow up yourself first.

This game is aimed at a certain age group, so as a business WG have some commitments to retain that classification, just like G or PG, 15's and X-rated movies and games.


Edited by BravelyRanAway, 17 February 2019 - 03:02 PM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw


blackmoomba #31 Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6914 battles
  • 260
  • Member since:
    03-15-2012

The problem with the chat ban is that it's triggered automatically by words, and the ban is issued... i bothered myself to file a ticket, the support person checked the log, was nice enough to provide me the "evidence" but didn't bother to analyze the context. It was in no way big profanity, and it wasn't said as an insult, abuse, or anything else. The context was quite obvious one of joking... and context is quite F relevant.

As for the AFK bans, while i'm not one that does go AFK for a lot of games or haves a lot of crashes... it is annoying when i get black-screen, even if i Alt-F4 the game, the interface is in 90% of the time screwed up when rejoining, as in no target, or the reticle is way off.



elias_the_great #32 Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Conquest Member
  • 1737 battles
  • 32
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR
  • Member since:
    01-06-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 17 February 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

The system is automatic, there are words that trip it, you managed to find them, you already know what word tripped it to ban you as you mentioned it above.

You also got upset with someone and felt the need to reply to him via PM......why would you even go there? Leave him in his ignorance.

Even back in WW2 there were certain standards regarding manners.....that's one of the things that grandparents fought for, you know, manners and civility to each other. I'm quite sure you grandparents didn't fight for the right for you to curse at young children and teenagers.

So, you may want to grow up yourself first.

This game is aimed at a certain age group, so as a business WG have some commitments to retain that classification, just like G or PG, 15's and X-rated movies and games.

 

Well i could leave him in his ignorance....but i tried to make him understand that there is no such thing as perfect plane/line in the game and everything has a place...Zero outurn the Spit for example... And because i care for this game...i care, i want people to be better and if i can help them,i will,even if i tell them that they are "uselless when they go mid sicne there is a garrison there"...a crybaby will report me...but someone with more than two braincells will ask me "why" and i will tell him. This game used to have in its game rules/agreement that you must be 18+ to play this game...Unless you are a Saint(and you dont talk trash in your everyday life) you know that someone 18+ wont have any problem cursing or receiving curses in a video game...unless he lives in a bubble.If they want to change their target group to more childish...so be it,but at least let me ping.This automated system is stupid and should be fixed or removed...

 

(As for the WWs  you completely miss the point of the "example")



BravelyRanAway #33 Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3002 battles
  • 1,166
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postelias_the_great, on 17 February 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

This game used to have in its game rules/agreement that you must be 18+ to play this game...Unless you are a Saint(and you dont talk trash in your everyday life) you know that someone 18+ wont have any problem cursing or receiving curses in a video game...unless he lives in a bubble.If they want to change their target group to more childish.

It's now Pegi 7, it's up to you to read the rules. It was never 18+, but was rated 'Teen' for over 12's. I don't trash talk in my everyday life but I'm no saint.

But I do know how to express myself without turning the air blue.

I didn't miss your point regarding WW's, it was a silly point to make. Complete hyperbole. You think that because grandparents had a hard time we shouldn't care about lesser things...I hate to burst your bubble, but even in those WW's some people had standards to keep when it came to being civil.


"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw


Piq_Mastika #34 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:04 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3759 battles
  • 221
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postelias_the_great, on 17 February 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

So....the reason i am chat banned twice was a stupid robot that cannot understand why i am using "bad" worlds???????To be fair i am not the kindest of people,specially in a game that runs in 17 fps in dogfights,crashes all the time and has unbalanced lines like the Spifire and late tier Yaks still untuched by the nerf hammer....I dont use chat that much since the first ban and i have to say that i was toxic some times to people but why did i got the second ban? I PRESENT TO YOU THE 3 TIMES I TALKED IN CHAT AND WHY:

 

  1. "Spitfire is the best plane in the game" :  Thats excactly what a player told me in a t4-5 MM game, i was flying the t4 A6M1 zero...fully specialized and with all the equipment in gold and with aerodynamics expert resulting in a 7.1 seconds turning circle! I engaged myself with him twice(flying a spitfire I)andmanaged  to kill him both times...And then he typed in chat "nice hack Elias,say hello to the ban hammer". I replied saying "kek"...nothing moreThen i went in hangar and checked his stats and he had 49% win rate and only playing Spits...then i replied "You dont have the experience to judge/distinguish a good player from a cheater" then i send him a print screen with a comparison of both machines as the game site suggests...He told that i lie and that the spit is the best plane in the game...i never replied and didnt report him even though he "insulted me"(as your chat banning robot suggests)
  2. "Broken pice of sh*t " : That what i said to someone flying the XF-85 Goblin....not gonna touch to that fully but i am glad that it was that expensive! So i was flying my F2H at relatively low for a t9 heavy(like 2 kms) and the goblin player tailed me...i used 20 seconds of boost plus 7 more from Resilience and i managed to creat distance with it purely due to Resiliance boost...and no i wasnt climbing with a 90 degree climb  but a relatively small angle of 30 degrees and he was still behind me for more than 20 seconds no problem...anyway, i manage to get at 4800 meters and turned around and kill him(he was head on with me,dont know why) and when i killed him i called his plane as the tittle suggests....Did Skynet banned for that or...?
  3. "Such a fair plane the Yak 30 is" :I was flying the Me P.1101 (t10 German fighter) and i was trying to do the "5 heavy kills in a battle" challenge for the 203. It was kanda late at night and there was only one player on the other team, a Yak-30...I dont concider the Yak 30 as broken and unbalanced as the yak 19 and 15 are for their tiers but what happened that game blew my mind:i went to flip the cap and kill my heavies in the middle and i say this guy turning to kill a bot and found him a juicy target...i shot him, and then i pulled up to disengage...he managed to catch me and kill me in a 70 degree climb with a full boost...and i said in chat "What a nice and fair plane the Yak-30 is","6 seconds of turner boost is better than a 8 seconds BnZmer boost,f*ck this unbalanced game"

 

Sooooooooo....why did i got banned people?! I would like to know...Even though i am toxic to people,most of the times i have my reasons to be. I dont woke today telling myself  "i am gonna talk trash to people in WoWp". I hate that we have to play in a world that it is far more different that then one we live in,so protective and fake...it discusts me... Our grandparents fought in two World Wars and we cry to our mommy because "bad guy Elias called me uselless?" Where is this society going?Grow up!!!

 

You are too kind with the idiots. I would be a lot more cruel with these... and I still have no ban :trollface:

klbergmen #35 Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:47 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4648 battles
  • 735
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 18 February 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

 

You are too kind with the idiots. I would be a lot more cruel with these... and I still have no ban :trollface:

 

You still didn't get a ban ? Shame on you :teethhappy:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users