Joystick Issue Status

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

blindfoId #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

Greetings pilots,

It took much time and effort to find out the reasons causing one of the most frustrating issues of the last update — losing control over your aircraft after respawn when using joystick. The problem has been highly prioritized but as you may noticed when playing the game, this issue has not a 100% chance to be reproduced and that significantly has complicated the process of investigating and finding out the ways to fix the bug and strongly affected the time needed for the complex examinations and search for solutions. 

We are really thankful to the involved players who responded to the request and sent their log files to the team for them to start the work! It made the process smoother and mush easier than it might be without your help. 

According to the latest information received, the alleged fix of the issue is being tested by the team to make sure it works. If this solution resolves the joystick issue the fix will be implemented when it is ready for release.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As soon as the issue is fixed we will receive the list of the affected players and then we will discuss the possibility, amount and timing of compensation for the inconvenience. 

Stay tuned and good hunting!

UPD

Pilots!

Although the core reasons causing the issue were identified, the preparation of the fix is still in process. According to the latest news the team has tested about 4 different possible solutions for this problem none of which worked for 100% leaving the possibility of this problem to still appear in some cases. At the moment team postponed the release of the latest variant of the fix to properly test it. Today the team plans to hold a special test on the ST server.

Thank you for being highly involved!

UPD

The work on the joystick issue has been finished. We are happy to announce that the team have managed to find the solution for this problem. Today we've released a client-side patch, to download it just let the WGC do its work!

We will receive the list of affected players next week, as soon as any decision on compensations is made I will gladly announce it.

Good hunting in the sky!

Edited by blindfoId, 08 February 2019 - 11:39 AM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13232 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
As welcome as some elements of this communication are, a statement from the WoWP team of this kind is so overdue I fear it may be too late.  Long-established players are not happy.  We know one has this morning abandoned the game - which makes the timing of this announcement interesting - and who knows if he will ever come back?  We still have no idea when the fix will be applied; we don’t even know if it will pass testing.  As complicated a bug as it may be, the lack of progress reports has created a very sour mood amongst an important part of the community.

I hope the fix will arrive soon and I hope there will be a good offer with respect to compensating those so horridly affected by this problem in a fundamental part of the game.  Whether this will be enough to placate those who have been inconvenienced, only time will tell.

FlyingDutchman69 #3 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3044 battles
  • [LXGM] LXGM
it's about time they come up with a fix.... (i only play 1 or 2 games in a GAA per day these days... , they seem a bit less affected by the bug then a LF)  concerning the player you have mentioned Q     He has a 4legged copilot who will make him join again ;)

Edited by FlyingDutchman69, 18 January 2019 - 10:53 AM.

GonerNL #4 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6348 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 18 January 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

but as you may noticed when playing the game, this issue has not a 100% chance to be reproduced

There were moments I came very close ...

Maybe a test server where you can let players (with different kinds of hardware) reproduce bugs and log them, or try out a patch wouldn't be such a bad idea.

0berhessen #5 Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2306 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 18 January 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

...We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As soon as the issue is fixed we will receive the list of the affected players and then we will discuss the possibility, amount and timing of compensation for the inconvenience....

What about 5000 Gold for every player who logged in during the time it didn´t work?

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

RoyalFlyingCorps #6 Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13232 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostFlyingDutchman69, on 18 January 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

[C]oncerning the player you have mentioned Q     He has a 4legged copilot who will make him join again ;)

Well, perhaps.  I think if you were to speak to him today he would tell you that’s unlikely, but we’ll see.

GonerNL #7 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6348 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 18 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

What about 5000 Gold for every player who logged in during the time it didn´t work?

They can keep their friggin' gold and give it to the developer who finally fixes this !! Or the tester who tests it.

Jonagus #8 Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6101 battles

Many thanks for the information will have been more usefull it relesed in time.

I want to make a point to be considered by the developers that could be important:

The JOYSTICK JAMMER" it is not something new, has gone for so long as the version 2.0, where we see first time respawn, from that time, in almost 25% of every respawn, I have had to recover the control of the joystick using "ESC" button to enter "Battle Menu" and press "BACK TO BATTLE", to recover the control of the plane with my joystick, because get jammed continuoslly, some times, I was killed before completing the procedure, now the problem is bigger because the procedure dont work anymore.

Jonagus

Jonagus

maragotu #9 Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2658 battles
  • [NGADA] NGADA

Actually last update I had to give up event. I couldn´t play the mission because was imposible to play with joystick. In respawns suddently joystick  did not work at all. I posted in other places about this problem and put a ticked too, but SAT, answered me that was my problem and that nobody had complained about that problems except me.

"LOL LOL and LOL",

I exposed that I knew other people that had the same problem as me, but finally I had the impresson assistance team ignored, even when I sended the files they asked.

That is because they did not recongniced the problem, ( I mean to me)

Finally I could not play the event. I was really disapointed about and almost give up the game. Is really frustaiting when you love a game, and is imposible to play it, but for others yes...

I could not afford to play in such conditions, so I did not reach my goal in the event , that was at least to get all the new planes.

"Thanks for this wonderfull event", I  imagine you can see that sentence is "ironic".

Maragotu

Edited by maragotu, 19 January 2019 - 07:05 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 729 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Post0berhessen, on 18 January 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostblindfoId, on 18 January 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

...We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As soon as the issue is fixed we will receive the list of the affected players and then we will discuss the possibility, amount and timing of compensation for the inconvenience....

Oh yes, sure, I'd love to have free 5k gold for a problem I didn't suffer due to being a mouse&keyboard player. :trollface:

But yes, a bit more/better communication on the matter would've been appreciated.

Even if it is just to report that there's trouble reproducing the issue and that log files are appreciated to help track it down or something.

HiFiRe2142 #11 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2523 battles
  • [KNOUT] KNOUT

I hope WG will fix it. I couldnt play the event and i am very very frustrated! I played the game EVERY evening ... i paid a lot of money ... i had a lot of fun with this game. Really sad. And ... the support ... fire them all! They are useless ... 

I downloaded another game now. Leaving the Wargaming-Planet. Maybe i will come back when the bug is fixed. 

Jonagus #12 Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6101 battles

21 December 2018,  I open on this forum :

http://forum.worldof...med-every-game/

The comment from the developers is published almost a month later, it is so dificult to talk to people that dont listen to you.

Jonagus

Jonagus

GonerNL #13 Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6348 battles

This bug is beyond frustrating.

And I got banned again because of it ; I always post in chat when I have to quit again to let people know I'm not an AFK-bot or quitter. So Saturday some [edited]-wipe commented that I "shouldn't cry in public" ... I replied with 'stfu moron' and next day I was banned. Or maybe this is their way of dealing with people who comment about bugs in-game. 

blindfoId #14 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

The log files were mostly collected through the created tickets and reports on the Discord channel. If it had been possible we would had created the topic earlier. _Nevermind_ mentioned that the problem was reported and being processed by the developers team as well as the members of the Customer Care answered that the issue was known as soon as it was confirmed but I see it needed more attention and I truly apologize for the lack of information. 

View PostGonerNL, on 21 January 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

This bug is beyond frustrating.

And I got banned again because of it ; I always post in chat when I have to quit again to let people know I'm not an AFK-bot or quitter. So Saturday some [edited]-wipe commented that I "shouldn't cry in public" ... I replied with 'stfu moron' and next day I was banned. Or maybe this is their way of dealing with people who comment about bugs in-game. 

GonerNL, I answered your question previously - if you get ban for afk/bot you cannot log into the game, chat bans are issued for the language. Also as the issue appears only after the respawn it means that you dealt some damage and won't pass the filter to get banned.

GonerNL #15 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6348 battles

Ah, OK, my bad.

I didn't realize that for afk/bot your whole account is banned, not just chat. Which makes me wonder why I was banned this time, as I didn't use profanity after my first chat ban (which probably was justified), just once in the case of a 'fellow' player saying that I shouldn't cry in public about the joystick bug.

johncarps #16 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 674 battles

repear or not ?

repear : reinstall, not : stay on fortnite and crossout 

thx for answer

qu'elle est la limite pour déclarer l'échec ?

Jonagus #17 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6101 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 21 January 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

I truly apologize for the lack of information. 

I dont know, if you are the responsible for this ....., but anyway THANKS for your words, It is a good listen from you something like that. A few days ago, I comment in another link, about the close relation between the percepcion of the game by the players, and the emotions that the game cause to the gamers. We have playing the entire Chrismats marathon, having the feeling of frustration and rage and fury, after respawn and discover again the axis of your joystick jammed. Sometimes you was close to achive some of the goals or you were involved in a close battle that was probably decided by this problem, the alternative to shout heavy language at your home, was just to quite the game, enough it is enough .... that is the dimension of the problem,  and realize that the feelings that all the bugs cause in the gamers are what better describe the general perception of the game ... You have a serious problem.

Jonagus

Jonagus

GonerNL #18 Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6348 battles

View PostJonagus, on 22 January 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Sometimes you was close to achive some of the goals or you were involved in a close battle that was probably decided by this problem,

That is/was the most frustrating ; not just being unable to fly on, but leaving your team in a tight battle !!

DISTURBED_uk1 #19 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 1386 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this but, this also happens with mouse and keyboard, maybe not as often but it does happen, myself and other players i know have experienced this same issue with mouse and keyboard.

yodelihiti #20 Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 1631 battles
  • [LEHR] LEHR
This indeed also happens with keyboard. There also is a very rare variant where you can actually steer, but rest of controls (eg. "dropping bombs") doesn't work.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users