Joystick Issue Status

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

blindfoId #21 Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View PostDISTURBED_uk1, on 24 January 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this but, this also happens with mouse and keyboard, maybe not as often but it does happen, myself and other players i know have experienced this same issue with mouse and keyboard.

View Postyodelihiti, on 24 January 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

This indeed also happens with keyboard. There also is a very rare variant where you can actually steer, but rest of controls (eg. "dropping bombs") doesn't work.

Could you please attach the logs of the battles when you experienced the problem so I can forward them to the team for investigation? I would really appreciate it! 

Squashed_Pidgeon #22 Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

Airman Basic

• 4643 battles
  • [-DEL] -DEL

View Postmaragotu, on 19 January 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Actually last update I had to give up event. I couldn´t play the mission because was imposible to play with joystick. In respawns suddently joystick  did not work at all. I posted in other places about this problem and put a ticked too, but SAT, answered me that was my problem and that nobody had complained about that problems except me.

"LOL LOL and LOL",

I exposed that I knew other people that had the same problem as me, but finally I had the impresson assistance team ignored, even when I sended the files they asked.

That is because they did not recongniced the problem, ( I mean to me)

Finally I could not play the event. I was really disapointed about and almost give up the game. Is really frustaiting when you love a game, and is imposible to play it, but for others yes...

I could not afford to play in such conditions, so I did not reach my goal in the event , that was at least to get all the new planes.

"Thanks for this wonderfull event", I  imagine you can see that sentence is "ironic".

Maragotu

Sounds like I fob off. I complained, sent logs, carried out instructions to update graphics drivers but problem still persists

blindfoId #23 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

Pilots!

Although the core reasons causing the issue were identified, the preparation of the fix is still in process. According to the latest news the team has tested about 4 different possible solutions for this problem none of which worked for 100% leaving the possibility of this problem to still appear in some cases. At the moment team postponed the release of the latest variant of the fix to properly test it. Today the team plans to hold a special test on the ST server.

Thank you for being highly involved!

Ensign_Steel #24 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1432 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
If I was right about the controls getting bound to an uncontrollable plane, I want free Finnish roundels for all my planes as a reward. >:3

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have sex with it

klbergmen #25 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4877 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
You mean the blue swastika ?

GonerNL #26 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7348 battles

Wonder how WG will solve that 'problem' whenever war-time Finnish paint jobs become available. 

For the record, I would love a Buffalo or Gladiator with Finnish markings during the Winter and Continuation Wars.  Or a Fokker D.XXI ...

Anybody knows if this variant is actually historical ? Or is it 'politically correct' ?

we're getting off-topic ...

Edited by GonerNL, 31 January 2019 - 09:01 AM.

Ensign_Steel #27 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1432 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

View Postklbergmen, on 30 January 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

You mean the blue swastika ?

Nope, the modern roundel like in GonerNL's post. All swastikas are banned in some countries, it's easier to trade historical accuracy for not having to go through the tedious and futile fight against windmills.

What comes to the paintscheme GonerNL posted, it's not historical. The colors are WAY off, it's not painted like the Finnish Brewsters were and I have no clue what "Noka" is supposed to mean.

The swastikas were replaced with roundels in 1945 for the Brewsters that served until their decommissioning 1948, so the roundels could be called accurate on a post-war model.

View PostGonerNL, on 31 January 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

we're getting off-topic ...

We definitely are, best drop the subject now.

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have sex with it

Jonagus #28 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7086 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 30 January 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Pilots!

Although the core reasons causing the issue were identified, the preparation of the fix is still in process. According to the latest news the team has tested about 4 different possible solutions for this problem none of which worked for 100% leaving the possibility of this problem to still appear in some cases. At the moment team postponed the release of the latest variant of the fix to properly test it. Today the team plans to hold a special test on the ST server.

Thank you for being highly involved!

I have my joystick configured in such a way one of the upper buttons allow me to shift from standart view to snipper. When I get the joystick axis jammed I have found a way to flight the plane, I can not keep playing because it is impossible to aim anybody, but you can flight more or les the plane, you should be clicking the sniper view button up and down quicklly. Maybe that give you any idea.

Top priority in spanish (my mother language) means something very diferent from this. Top priority means all resources and teams are involved in solving a problem, and nothing else is in the radar untill the problem is solved.

Jonagus

Edited by Jonagus, 31 January 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Jonagus

arcticstorm123 #29 Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4810 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostEnsign_Steel, on 31 January 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Nope, the modern roundel like in GonerNL's post. All swastikas are banned in some countries, it's easier to trade historical accuracy for not having to go through the tedious and futile fight against windmills.

What comes to the paintscheme GonerNL posted, it's not historical. The colors are WAY off, it's not painted like the Finnish Brewsters were and I have no clue what "Noka" is supposed to mean.

The swastikas were replaced with roundels in 1945 for the Brewsters that served until their decommissioning 1948, so the roundels could be called accurate on a post-war model.

We definitely are, best drop the subject now.

According to this "Noka" is legit, photo is heavily retouched by the looks of it "Purchase of this Brewster Buffalo (BW-355) was funded by Finnish company Nokia (Nokia Oy) and named "Noka.""" maybe the colour scheme is pre delivery?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdasmarchives/6335556894

Jonagus #30 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7086 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 18 January 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As soon as the issue is fixed we will receive the list of the affected players and then we will discuss the possibility, amount and timing of compensation for the inconvenience. 

Nice words, but despite all the problems of this bug, some players we have keep playing, today I have suffer more than 10 times this problem. Then please I request from you that when the time arrive dont discuss posibillities and be elegant with your customers because otherwise you will be, insulting us !!!.

Jonagus

Jonagus

Sragorka #31 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 2103 battles
So another week passed and still no fix for this gamebreaking bug. I am getting it in most my sorties and it is absolutely frustrating, especially when you try to ask us to do missions based on your performance in single battle. I am sorry, but you are showing either absolute incompetence of your development team, or absolute unconcern and disrespect to your players/customers. You are doing well in burying this game. Sad.

blindfoId #32 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

Greetings pilots,

The work on the joystick issue has been finished. We are happy to announce that the team have managed to find the solution for this problem. Today we've released a client-side patch, to download it just let the WGC do its work!

We will receive the list of affected players next week, as soon as any decision on compensations is made I will gladly announce it.

Good hunting in the sky!

Jonagus #33 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7086 battles

Many Thanks !!! :great::medal:

Jonagus

Jonagus

Ace42X #34 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 08 February 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

We will receive the list of affected players next week, as soon as any decision on compensations is made I will gladly announce it.

Hope it's everyone who had games during that period - because having team-mates who suddenly stop contributing certainly has an impact on my experience even if I'm M+KBing.

klbergmen #35 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4877 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostAce42X, on 08 February 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Hope it's everyone who had games during that period - because having team-mates who suddenly stop contributing certainly has an impact on my experience even if I'm M+KBing.

lol

Bots are unreliable, teammembers that bug have an impact on your performance,...

Joystick players deserve at least 2 months of premium time because thats the time frame they had to deal with this bug - plus they missed the christmas events and other stuff.

You don't deserve anything from this.

maragotu #36 Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2846 battles
  • [NGADA] NGADA

lol, really ? I will ask before I dare to play it again.

As you can see I `m really sceptic about both statements:

joystick  issue and compensation.

After being imposible to acomplish christmas event. and others before, because other isses, I can´t imagine how WG will compensate those who have had problems. Even  reporting that in forum, client atention, planes discord and so on.

how will they know?  who will be compensate?:sceptic:

Squashed_Pidgeon #37 Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Airman Basic

• 4643 battles
  • [-DEL] -DEL
New patch appears to have fixed the joystick not responding after a respawn. However I have now lost functionality of the buttons on the Throttle. Anybody else found this?

Ace42X #38 Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 932 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 08 February 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Bots are unreliable, teammembers that bug have an impact on your performance,...

Strawman.
The word I used was "experience", not "performance".

I appreciate English is probably not your first language; but I assure you that in a multi-player game having some of those players unable to play most definitely impacts my enjoyment of the game:  Whether it's the absence of opponents because they can't fight back; or the absence of team-mates that cost the team a win and thus salvage materials.

You seem to have a fundamentally flawed understanding of what constitutes a "multi-player game" and what that core concept means.

Jonagus #39 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 7086 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 08 February 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Greetings pilots,

The work on the joystick issue has been finished. We are happy to announce that the team have managed to find the solution for this problem. Today we've released a client-side patch, to download it just let the WGC do its work!

Good hunting in the sky!

Today 11 February after the repair patch I got my joystick axis frozen again after respawn, for a minute or so, until I go to menu and click Back to battle then I could flight the plane again. As I already mentioned before this problem was not new has being happening long time ago, some times while I am getting back the control of my joystick, I have being killed by the enemy. The main issue has been repaired but not completelly.

Jonagus

Jonagus

GonerNL #40 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7348 battles

View PostJonagus, on 11 February 2019 - 11:42 PM, said:

Today 11 February after the repair patch I got my joystick axis frozen again after respawn, for a minute or so, until I go to menu and click Back to battle 

That bug has been around for ages.

If you look at the team list while waiting for the count-down and then join, the joystick will not work. Press <esc> and back to battle ... it's become a habit just like always starting with 'clear the cache'.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users