Suggestions gameplay

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

elias_the_great #1 Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2918 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

Some of you dont know what is that...some of you forgot what is that.Some of you paid money for it(like me) and dont play it anymore...Well i dont blame you...its...meh(at best).

Today i will be refering to the JL-1A-37, a Chinese premium fighter sitting at t8.I bought it when it was on sale back in the good old 1.9 days and its actually the most expensive thing in my account (i believe i got it for 40 euros).Before the sale,it was quite rare: you could only get it by secret santa crates. At start it was rough...i wasnt that exeptional with BnZ but as time passed it was my "go to" moneymaker. I loved this plane (it taught me how to BnZ)!! It was really strong and if you played it right, you dominated with it! But...2.0 came around...and it wasnt so kind to my JL:It was nerfed heavily or other things got buffed so much that it could reach it,most notably the P-80A. I did a direct comparison between the two after a game that got outspeeded and outclimed by a P-80A....what i saw...broke my heart:both planes seemed to be identical in terms of performance. One thing stand out, P-80's manouverability! This is not a rant of how strong the P-80 is,but how identical the JL-1A-37 is with it(but worse because of the turn rate)... Link to the comparison: https://worldofwarpl...planes/compare/

WG,in 1.9 the JL could reach the J8M with the right energy management...now it cannot outspeed or outmanouver the P-80A....are you for real???

In 1.9 the JL had altitude perfomance of 2400meters and now has 2200 meters? Why?It had 10 seconds(maybe more) of boost and now has 8?Why?

It had the best fighter engine(apart from J8M that is a rocket) in t8 and now gets sh*t on by the P-80 and the braindead Spitfire in some ocasions(like when it boost for 10 seconds while you do it for 4-5 because you actively BnZing while it turns)?Why?

Why do i have to tell you that this in not right? You made this plane in the first place! Its your product! You sold it because it was unique...and in 1.9 it was!Because it had identity...it traded turn for speed...godly speed!

Then?What happened? Why would you copy and paste the stats of another plane(which unfortunately for you i own both)???Just...why?

Anyway...i could cry for eternity but here is some simple suggestions:

1. Buff its boost to 10 or 12 seconds instead of 8!
  2. Buff its altitude perfomance to 2400 meters as it was in 1.9(even at 2500 meters because it used to have the same altitude with the J8M but 3kms is too much)
  3. Slightly buff its cruising speed(optimum airspeed),(not by much 30-50 kms/hr should do it,enough to have better than the P-80A), its unacceptable that a lower altitude plane can go toe to toe with you (in terms of speed)without any issues.
  4. Buff the guns:either make them overheat slower or buff the 37mm's accuracy(its nose mounted anyway)

The first two are essential ! If you think that its too much or its game breaking or overpowered then i want a full refund,either swap with another t8 premium or my money back! Its unacceptable to have a 40-euro worth of junk in my hangar collecting dust!!

(I would love if i could buy this collor sceme that was coming as a gift back then(the silver one with the yellow lines in the wings) even for gold(like 500 or less))

**THIS BACAME A  FORUM POST BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE TO SEND THE TICKET,MOST OF YOU DONT HAVE AN OPINION ON THE MATTER AND ITS UNDERSTANDABLE...THOSE THAT DO HAVE (OWN JL-1A-37) I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THEIR OPINIONS WITH ME**(you can also go to my profile and see my playtime with the JL both in 1.9 and in 2.0 and would understand why i am complaining)

Edited by elias_the_great, 18 January 2019 - 08:58 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I've only played the Shenyang in version 2.  I think it's fine.  It's one of my favourite planes.

elias_the_great #3 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2918 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 18 January 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

I've only played the Shenyang in version 2.  I think it's fine.  It's one of my favourite planes.

Not saying its unplayable...but i had bad games against planes i couldnt do anything when they got on my tail like the P80A...Right now the P80A is just a better option because it has identical speed but turns much better.You are forced to play BnZ in the JL because of poor manouverability,while in the P80 you have options. I am not asking for gigantic buffs...i am asking for something simple:alitude tweek is just a number change(that i believe its fair)...boost duration also(if they dont want to change the boost duration they could buff the engine cooldown,so the boost is available sooner)...something to make the JL differ from its competition apart from its guns...

It used to be my most played fighter in 1.9(and my favorite plane)...but now i have like,what, 5 games in 2.0?Immagine how much of a downgrade i concider it...WG has a policy not to nerf premiums after their release...what happened here?

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

First, the WoWP team has demonstrated clearly it can and will nerf premiums regardless of any ethical considerations.  I refer you to the nerf to premium bombers such as the A-26B and the RB-17.  As an aside, not only did the team significantly weaken the goods that people had paid for, it did so without offering compensation or a chance for a refund.

I dare say that many aircraft had their characteristics changed significantly between v1.9 and v2.0.  I believe the J8M lost about half of its boost, for example.  Whether or not this was ethical is also open to debate, but in terms of the significant changes made to the game environment (compressed altitudes, &c.) it is perhaps not surprising all aircraft, including premiums, were modified so that they fitted into that new "flying envelope".

In terms of the Shenyang versus the P-80a, it comes down to personal preference, I suppose.  I much prefer the armament of the Shenyang to the P-80a's weak machine guns and, perhaps because I pick engagements carefully, I don't ever remember considering the plane a particular threat to the Shenyang.  I'd never enter a turn fight with one, but I would pick on a P-80a in a low energy configuration, hit it hard and boost away.  I don't see the problem in playing the Shenyang as a high-energy fighter, especially as it packs a punch with its guns.  Is the v2.0 Shenyang much weaker than the v1.9 Shenyang?  Probably, but then would leaving it as it was have broken the v2.0 game?  Possibly.

I think probably you're going to have to accept v2.0 is rather different to v1.9 and find new "sweet spots" in the game.  It looks as if the Shenyang isn't one of those any longer, at least for you.

elias_the_great #5 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2918 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

Bombers where nerfed as a plane type...Not just the premium ones...but every bomber(German bombers got minimum optimal altitude along with the RB-17 nerf(they where classified medium bombers), Soviet bombers got accuracy nerf when flying high just like the A-26B(that was classified as fast light bomber) . RB-17 was meant to be played differently than the way its played now.And it was rediculus if you ask me...you had no counterplay in most accations(he capped points so fast), so i can justify the nerf in its speed.

As for the rest...unfortunately you are not wrong...many planes where changed and there are super strong lines and unplayable lines...Other game tittles when they changed game mechanics like smoke firing in WoWs(if you are familiar), they offered refunds...because the player brought a product with a speciphic playstyle and strategy in mind(before the change/nerf)...and if it didnt met its expectations anymore why would he keep it? The JL-1A once met my expectations and i learnt how to play with it...and how to counter it (you just play low and when it comes for you,you suddenly turn and mess its aim).Now, the JL doesnt...I have spent somewhere around 70 euros in this game and 40 alone for the JL.....personaly i wont accept it, because i feel robbed/scammed. I believe you would have done the same if you knew the difference....

RoyalFlyingCorps #6 Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I have sympathy for that view.  I wan't pleased when my RB-17 was nerfed, no matter how strong the argument for doing so was.  You have more reason to be displeased.

klbergmen #7 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:01 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

They not only nerf premium planes indirectly by changes like 2.0, specialization or the bomber nerf. They nerfed the reargunner on the SE-100 and they did this without telling anybody.

In this they behave totally different from WoT - they just give a crap.

Edited by klbergmen, 22 January 2019 - 02:14 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I’m afraid I’ve become used to this kind of cavalier behaviour from WoWP.  They seem to have no respect for people who have given them money for things that they then change for the worse.  

I’d seriously advise any new player not to buy any more than a couple of premiums.  I don’t see why WoWP should be rewarded for this kind of, in my view, unacceptable activity.

elias_the_great #9 Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2918 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 22 January 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

I’m afraid I’ve become used to this kind of cavalier behaviour from WoWP.  They seem to have no respect for people who have given them money for things that they then change for the worse.  

I’d seriously advise any new player not to buy any more than a couple of premiums.  I don’t see why WoWP should be rewarded for this kind of, in my view, unacceptable activity.

Sad thing is...that they make all the wrong decisions lately...People like us keep them afloat...but they dont seem to understand that...the only reason i come here to complain about certain things is because i give a f*ck about this game(and my money in this topic..i know that 40 euros are not much and wont save a company, but 40 are better than 0,and 0 is what they will get by me for now on with this behavor)...But one day i will stop and with me-either before or after me-many people will too...and both sides will loose that day...

Also tagged with Suggestions, gameplay

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users