New ratings. Secret trials

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
From January 31 till February 26, join battles on your favourite aircraft and earn medals, equipment, gold, and other prizes for your battle achievements!

Full news text

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Is there a progress table so people can check their position during these events?

Are the events time-limited to prevent people playing dangerously long hours?

If the answer to either of these questions is “no” these events should be withdrawn immediately.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 31 January 2019 - 10:46 AM.

Piq_Mastika #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5877 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 31 January 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Is there a progress table so people can check their position during these events?

Yes, this time.

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 31 January 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Are the events time-limited to prevent people playing dangerously long hours?

If the answer to either of these questions is “no” these events should be withdrawn immediately.

It will be time-limited, but with available 5-6 days for each stage.

klbergmen #4 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

"National Ratings" means that the ranking is per nation ? Each nation has ist own ranking ? Even France and China ?

Why does it say "Ultimate Uprated Engine (Germany)" ? Where is the connection to one nation ?

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
That’s good news about the progress table.  By time-limited, I mean limited to a small number of hours each day.  Is that what you mean by your reply?

Piq_Mastika #6 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5877 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 31 January 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

That’s good news about the progress table.  By time-limited, I mean limited to a small number of hours each day.  Is that what you mean by your reply?

If you remember the November event was similar (even the place medals are the same) https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/ratings-208/ I think the new one will be identical. You have like 6 days to achieve something, you get the reward and go for the next stage.

klbergmen , they say nothing about different nations ranking (yes, France and China will not be appropriate to the rest of the nations). This "(Germany)" after the engine name is really strange.

GonerNL #7 Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8649 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 31 January 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

"Why does it say "Ultimate Uprated Engine (Germany)" ? Where is the connection to one nation ?

Can not imagine that equipment is nation locked .. ?

https://blog.worldof...nd-calibration/

It's in the 2.0.9.6 patch notes :

In addition, participation in the personal ratings will provide an opportunity to acquire the unique special projects of Germany — equipment developed by German engineers specifically for heavily-armed, high-speed aircraft.

It is suitable for all aircraft of the corresponding period and is distinguished by significantly higher characteristics than its standard counterparts.

Edited by GonerNL, 31 January 2019 - 01:15 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 31 January 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

If you remember the November event was similar (even the place medals are the same)

I see.  I don’t remember the November event because I ignored it through a lack of interest.  What I don’t like about these kinds of events is that they are in effect an endurance test encouraging players to play a stupid amount of hours in the game.  These events should be limited to two or three hours a day only - even better if this limit applied to your aggregate game time so that it wasn’t even tied to particular hours of the day.

klbergmen #9 Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 31 January 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

klbergmen , they say nothing about different nations ranking (yes, France and China will not be appropriate to the rest of the nations). This "(Germany)" after the engine name is really strange.

They changed the Website. First it said "Please note that one player can be present in several national ratings at once and earn..."

Now they removed the "national" in this sentence.

Ok, this answers the first part of my question.

LordV5 #10 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3757 battles
  • [EGSB] EGSB

Its easy, they want from you all your time, best play 20 hours per day and your price after all will be 500 golds and some stuff... about 5 euros for your 100 hours :D , and you can say : I am the best. Because nobody is so many stupid , except a few ones , who have too much time for filling this kinds of events. People on top are sick... thx warplanes squad  for another not interesting event. Warplanes WG want more long playing gamers, ok but not with time long playing missions...  better can be top 5 battles from a week, lol no points, no kills no destroy gts.... at maximal posibility. I am disapointed and this is not funy.

klbergmen #11 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:01 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It should not be a problem to get into the top 2000.

There will be people that will spend a lot of time on this. I think it's not worth it but that's their decision.

Why do you have a problem with this ?

Topt 5 battles from a week might be an alternative but then not so good players will complain, call others cheaters and so on...

blindfoId #12 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 31 January 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

If you remember the November event was similar (even the place medals are the same) https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/ratings-208/ I think the new one will be identical. You have like 6 days to achieve something, you get the reward and go for the next stage.

Correct. This one is pretty similar to the previous one.

As for the equipment, it can be equipped to any aircraft of the corresponding Period. The main difference is that this special equipment has higher basic characteristics and some effective additional bonuses appear when this equipment is upgraded. We will add some extra information on the equipment in a couple of days. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #13 Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Better equipment...completely and utterly the wrong direction to take this game, in my opinion.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 31 January 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Herrasika #14 Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5878 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 31 January 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

They changed the Website. First it said "Please note that one player can be present in several national ratings at once and earn..."

Now they removed the "national" in this sentence.

Ok, this answers the first part of my question.

Still can't get it, what does it means:

"Each rating list will be formed over six days and consist of five divisions"

"Please note that one player can be present in several ratings at once"

As i can see, there is only two divisions (period II and period III), not five, not several, what am i missing here?

Piq_Mastika #15 Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5877 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHerrasika, on 01 February 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Still can't get it, what does it means:

"Each rating list will be formed over six days and consist of five divisions"

"Please note that one player can be present in several ratings at once"

As i can see, there is only two divisions (period II and period III), not five, not several, what am i missing here?

The divisions are the placings:

1-30 (Super cup); 31-200 (Golden cup); 201-400 (Silver cup); 401-1000 (Bronze cup); 1001-2000 (Competitor)

The ratings are:

Tier V - Tier VII and Tier VIII - Tier X (Period 2 and period 3), each of them has the divisions i mentioned above. You can participate in both at the same time.

Note the later weeks we will have different missions, possibly with more ratings and possibly divided by other means (by nation, by plane type, etc.)

GonerNL #16 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8649 battles

Is it possible to change the end times of these events ??

They now end on Tuesday at 19:00 ... Some time later, say 22:00 would be much better for people who actually work during the day. That way they have a chance to put in some battles to get a better position.

Pretty please ...

blindfoId #17 Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 04 February 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

Is it possible to change the end times of these events ??

They now end on Tuesday at 19:00 ... Some time later, say 22:00 would be much better for people who actually work during the day. That way they have a chance to put in some battles to get a better position.

Pretty please ...

No, I don't think so. Ratings are pre-programmed and it is not likely that any changes will be applied during this patch. 

GonerNL #18 Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8649 battles

Too bad ...

Would you consider changing end time for future events ? Like I said, people with a day job now only can play Monday evening and then hope their position for a reward is safe. But they could lose it to pilots who can play during the day. With an hour of 2 on Tuesday evening they could get some more points ... 

Question about the rewards ; can you enhance the German engine from Stock (the one you get for Bronze cup) to Improved, Advanced and Ultimate ?? Just like normal engines.

What you said in an earlier post seems to confirm that :

The main difference is that this special equipment has higher basic characteristics and some effective additional bonuses appear when this equipment is upgraded. 

Edited by GonerNL, 04 February 2019 - 12:25 PM.

blindfoId #19 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 04 February 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Too bad ...

Would you consider changing end time for future events ? Like I said, people with a day job now only can play Monday evening and then hope their position for a reward is safe. But they could lose it to pilots who can play during the day. With an hour of 2 on Tuesday evening they could get some more points ... 

Question about the rewards ; can you enhance the German engine from Stock (the one you get for Bronze cup) to Improved, Advanced and Ultimate ?? Just like normal engines.

What you said in an earlier post seems to confirm that :

The main difference is that this special equipment has higher basic characteristics and some effective additional bonuses appear when this equipment is upgraded. 

Yes, this equipment can be upgraded as well as others. 

Nescius_x #20 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Airman Basic

• 3274 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 31 January 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Correct. This one is pretty similar to the previous one.

As for the equipment, it can be equipped to any aircraft of the corresponding Period. The main difference is that this special equipment has higher basic characteristics and some effective additional bonuses appear when this equipment is upgraded. We will add some extra information on the equipment in a couple of days. 

Hi,

at first many thanks for really simple and nice game, I'm newbie here, so maybe my questions are stupid. I received the price from "Secret trials" - Advanced Uprated Engine. Where can I see the tech specs of this engine, and how can I install this engine to existing planes in the hangar?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users