Jump to content


completely broken matchmaker, but this time WORSE


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

invader_from_mars #1 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5060 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

Dear Wargaming!

It's 22:20, many players around tier 4-5-6 is waiting for a battle to start. Your Matchmaker has easy job. A flight of 2 tier V planes is on the queue also. AND YOUR FREAKN BROKEN MATCHMAKER DOING WHAT? PUT THEM INTO A BATTLE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

*edited*

 

I just cant find the words to describe HOW GODDAMN RIGGED IS THIS

Maybe put them against TWO FREAKN HUMAN CONTROLLED TIER V PLANE????DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SO CALLED BROKEN MATCHMAKER OF YOURS!!!! *edited*


Edited by SilviettaG, 13 February 2019 - 03:09 PM.
Naming and shaming


ragnarock462 #2 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3889 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    07-08-2018

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 11 February 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming!

It's 22:20, many players around tier 4-5-6 is waiting for a battle to start. Your Matchmaker has easy job. A flight of 2 tier V planes is on the queue also. AND YOUR FREAKN BROKEN MATCHMAKER DOING WHAT? PUT THEM INTO A BATTLE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

*edited*

 

I just cant find the words to describe HOW GODDAMN RIGGED IS THIS

Maybe put them against TWO FREAKN HUMAN CONTROLLED TIER V PLANE????DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SO CALLED BROKEN MATCHMAKER OF YOURS!!!! *edited*

 

 

I understand your frustration.

Horcan #3 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4146 battles
  • 809
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
At least there is no more community manager to ban you for using the word rigged, like i was.

BlackLebbel #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 388 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    07-06-2013

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 11 February 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming!

It's 22:20, many players around tier 4-5-6 is waiting for a battle to start. Your Matchmaker has easy job. A flight of 2 tier V planes is on the queue also. AND YOUR FREAKN BROKEN MATCHMAKER DOING WHAT? PUT THEM INTO A BATTLE LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

*edited*

 

I just cant find the words to describe HOW GODDAMN RIGGED IS THIS

Maybe put them against TWO FREAKN HUMAN CONTROLLED TIER V PLANE????DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SO CALLED BROKEN MATCHMAKER OF YOURS!!!! *edited*

 

 

I think the answer is that they are being put together because they are in a team group of 2 as you can see...and when you click the battle after you make a group with your friend in chat the mm obviously will put them in the same team.....I am reffering only in this situation...not when they are random pplayers match made with other so keep that in mind....you can try for yourself with a friend if you are not believing me.

GonerNL #5 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:02 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6337 battles
  • 1,091
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

The problem is not that one side has a flight, that is unavoidable. You can not let 2 players wait until another tier V flight joins the queue. The problem IMHO is that those planes and the bot planes are not 'matched' by planes on the other team. Same types sure, but not every fighter is the same.

Btw, I've seen worse ; spec B-32's vs a bot Do-217 who didn't know where the bomb-release is ... and the worst, when one team gets a bunch of players who are high in the HOF and überbots and the other side gets noobs and mediocre players and the stupid bots. And still WG claims that matchmaking is working ... 

 

MM is a joke. A bad joke.

Most battles end in 'air superiority' and/or a roflstomp (0-800) before the squall even starts !! That should not happen if there are 2 balanced (!!) teams. You see the most idiotic team compositions. Often you know right at the start who's going to win ...

 


Edited by GonerNL, 12 February 2019 - 08:19 AM.


wlatopa #6 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:05 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 6245 battles
  • 595
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014

The MM is a very big problem of this game. On 10 battles,i play 8 times  vs tier +1.Much part of battles flights are against bots of same tier.

Al the game is prepared to take much money from players. WG don't care if the players,that pay,have fun.



Piq_Mastika #7 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:58 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3697 battles
  • 198
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postwlatopa, on 12 February 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

The MM is a very big problem of this game. On 10 battles,i play 8 times  vs tier +1.Much part of battles flights are against bots of same tier.

Al the game is prepared to take much money from players. WG don't care if the players,that pay,have fun.

 

Playing vs tier+1 happens, sometimes more often, sometimes less often. This sh%$, where invader_from_mars stuck is one of the MM big problems: all your team humans is the lower level vs enemy team level +1 humans (let's be honest, the bot level doesn't really matters). At least this can be compensated with more bots from the higher level, in this case for example: 2 humans + 2 bots t5 and the rest t4's vs 6? t5 bots and the rest t4's.

This purpose is easy (I think) adjustment to the MM, which can bring more balanced games. The other option is total rework of the MM.



Piq_Mastika #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:01 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3697 battles
  • 198
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017
*edit: misstyping

Edited by Piq_Mastika, 12 February 2019 - 09:02 AM.


BlackLebbel #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 388 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    07-06-2013
I experienced myself this type of mm,, unfortunately yes is kind of frustrating...at least for now to make balanced teams even with bots involved is a good start...And from that they should be working on how to get players in the game and have a bigger community for bigger chances of a balanced team, 'cause we lack players and with no players MM will never be working prorperly and being fair.

GonerNL #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6337 battles
  • 1,091
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 12 February 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

(let's be honest, the bot level doesn't really matters).

 

Oh yes, it does !!

I've had battles where enemy bots take bases within 2 minutes while my bots are still trying to find the throttle and leave the spawn !!

 

The problem is that WG is in denial about MM. They claim it works fine ... on paper.

https://worldofwarpl...matchmaker_209/

 


Edited by GonerNL, 12 February 2019 - 09:57 AM.


Dis4ster #11 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:15 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1834 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012
I had battles of 2 human bombers against 1 bot bomber, or 3 human heavies against 3 bot heavies. This MM is genius, i mean only an idiot would try to split the humans up equaly by their plane classes. At least replace all airfields with airbases so that people can change their aircraft if needed.

Grison_SE #12 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 765 battles
  • 29
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-06-2018
I've had battles like this too, already when looking at the teams I think "should I bother with this one at all?" but it would be wrong to the other human player(s) in my team. I've seen result tables with human players scoring 0 points, no wonder my team lost those battles with players like that :(
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

BlackLebbel #13 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:13 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 388 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    07-06-2013

View PostGrison_SE, on 12 February 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

I've had battles like this too, already when looking at the teams I think "should I bother with this one at all?" but it would be wrong to the other human player(s) in my team. I've seen result tables with human players scoring 0 points, no wonder my team lost those battles with players like that :(

 

It's a funny thing if we start considering that we are blessed with bots instead of human players....because sometimes human players  can do worse than bots so yeah..:teethhappy:

Edited by BlackLebbel, 12 February 2019 - 01:13 PM.


zen_monk_ #14 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 5395 battles
  • 1,376
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
We are blessed by bots in more ways than this. In the old "fabulous" game when there were no bots it was normal to wait 10-15 minutes, even longer in higher tiers, for 4 vs 4 game. (and the opposing side has wing of 3 hf... oh joy)
stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

BlackLebbel #15 Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 388 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    07-06-2013

View Postzen_monk_, on 12 February 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

We are blessed by bots in more ways than this. In the old "fabulous" game when there were no bots it was normal to wait 10-15 minutes, even longer in higher tiers, for 4 vs 4 game. (and the opposing side has wing of 3 hf... oh joy)

 

I reached only at tier VII with my beloved P-51D, still they were battles with 7 players per team, but beyond this tier, don't know and if it was as you say, oooh GOD!:hiding:

Edited by BlackLebbel, 12 February 2019 - 01:53 PM.


Horcan #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:27 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4146 battles
  • 809
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 12 February 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

 

Playing vs tier+1 happens, sometimes more often, sometimes less often. This sh%$, where invader_from_mars stuck is one of the MM big problems: all your team humans is the lower level vs enemy team level +1 humans (let's be honest, the bot level doesn't really matters). At least this can be compensated with more bots from the higher level, in this case for example: 2 humans + 2 bots t5 and the rest t4's vs 6? t5 bots and the rest t4's.

This purpose is easy (I think) adjustment to the MM, which can bring more balanced games. The other option is total rework of the MM.

 

This cant be compensated by anything, only if those two in the flight are completely stupid. Which rarely happen. The only two viable solutions are either disable flights entirely until more population ( which means never ), or by eternal queue until mirror flight found ( they really want flight advantage , then they should wait ) . Until then , if it proves those two are good players, i always quit after 2 minutes. No point to stay and play a 100% lost battle.

GonerNL #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6337 battles
  • 1,091
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View PostBlackLebbel, on 12 February 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

I reached only at tier VII with my beloved P-51D, still they were battles with 7 players per team, but beyond this tier, don't know and if it was as you say, oooh GOD!:hiding:

 

Tier IV - VII are most fun, as far as I'm concerned for everyday flying. 

I do fly VIII and IX, but mostly for missions (=tokens) and for rating events (=rewards). And premiums, for credits.



SilviettaG #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 12 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    09-10-2018

Hello guys,

 

I cleaned this topic. Please follow our Forum Rules. :honoring:

 

Thank you! Have a nice day! :bajan:



GonerNL #19 Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6337 battles
  • 1,091
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

I quit after 4 battles yesterday evening ... 

First a couple of utter defeats 0-400, then 45-600. Third was a win, but 400-0 and I was flying GA, no fun at all and also no points, credits etc.

Last one the enemy bots took 2 of 3 bases in about a minute, so I did a lawn dart and quit. Reading newspaper was more fun.

Recently I had a battle on a 5 base map that was over in 3:45 ... :amazed:



BlackLebbel #20 Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 388 battles
  • 193
  • Member since:
    07-06-2013

View PostGonerNL, on 14 February 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

I quit after 4 battles yesterday evening ... 

First a couple of utter defeats 0-400, then 45-600. Third was a win, but 400-0 and I was flying GA, no fun at all and also no points, credits etc.

Last one the enemy bots took 2 of 3 bases in about a minute, so I did a lawn dart and quit. Reading newspaper was more fun.

Recently I had a battle on a 5 base map that was over in 3:45 ... :amazed:

 

Wow...such a pity...when you read on someone these types of battles...it seems more dramatics as i experienced myself in these kind of situations:(...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users