2 annoying problems

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

blackmoomba #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7172 battles

Lately i stumbled into these two problems

1) AA damage in games involving tiers bracket change, in particular... t4 fighters and multi-roles involved in t5 games. Working on the daily missions, i had to play a few games in t4 fighters and multi-roles, while above/close to neutral/enemy sectors, i got dropped to something like 30% hp by the AA. I wasn't even the first or single plane to enter the area to make me think i was the solo target for all the flak. The climax of the situation was getting 1-2 shooted by AA flak above a mining plant while flying the t4 japanese zero... one second 140 hp, the second, shot down by AA.

2) Respawn point reset. Can't recall when this came into play, but it's annoying to wait for the respawn, select a specific airbase/airfield and due to ANOTHER sector changing hands, your selection is reverted and get spawned in the neutral, starting point.

Renwor #2 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2733 battles

I can only say, you are not alone in that.  The second one I dare say cost me a few battles, and almost one keyboard, when this happened after squall line in close battle and I spawned far away from remaining action. At this moment I would strangle any developer I could get my hands on. Other times I just grunted "not again". Now I try to remember to double or triple check before "battle".

First one is also annoying as hell, but if I have to choose one to remove, it's those respawns.

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10101 battles
  • [__] __
The second one is the most annoying of them all. It hits when you're in the heat of the battle, "now, now, I will jump in and... *#$*!!!" and while you fly the long way there, the enemy caps.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

blindfoId #4 Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

1) The AA guns balance was reworked not long ago - Update 2.0.7

"Damage models have been changed. It has become easier to dodge AA gun fire, the time for the player to respond to the threat has increased. The influence of randomness on the AA gun fire spread was decreased. At the same time, damage to a straight-flying aircraft has increased and now depends on size, aircraft type, and speed. Thus, AA guns and their number on different types of sectors is still an essential factor, though maneuvers for evading their fire have become more effective."

Also "Added the influence of some paint schemes to the damage received from AA guns."

There are no planned changes for the AA guns mechanics in the near future as far as I know.

2) The work on the issue has been started. As soon as the team is ready to release a fix, it will be done :honoring:

Dis4ster #5 Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2686 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 February 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

1) The AA guns balance was reworked not long ago - Update 2.0.7

"Damage models have been changed. It has become easier to dodge AA gun fire, the time for the player to respond to the threat has increased. The influence of randomness on the AA gun fire spread was decreased. At the same time, damage to a straight-flying aircraft has increased and now depends on size, aircraft type, and speed. Thus, AA guns and their number on different types of sectors is still an essential factor, though maneuvers for evading their fire have become more effective."

Also "Added the influence of some paint schemes to the damage received from AA guns."

There are no planned changes for the AA guns mechanics in the near future as far as I know.

2) The work on the issue has been started. As soon as the team is ready to release a fix, it will be done :honoring:

1) Its bugged then, because i had battles where 3 or 4 flaks hit me at once without any warning shots or damaged me even though i dodged by a good distance and ofc the good old invisible/silent flak fire that happens every now and then which you can't really dodge, why not just let aircraft slowly lose HP over enemy sectors that would be just as fun and challenging.

3) WTF is wrong with the bots, whenever i fly in a lone sector with only def aircraft present, all the light fighters on my altitude avoid me, but the heavies above come down at me. Like WTF so i have to catch the light fighters who are moving away from me while dodging the heavies(and flaks) who are zoom and booming on me which i can't catch.

Either let the heavies stay on their altitute and engage enemies that are on their hight until there are no light fighters left down below to defend or let them all come at me at once.

It looks like they have some kind of attack order don't they and the number of def aircraft attacking one player is also limited. So heavies attack first until one of them is destroyed then a light fighter joins in. The reason might be to make the fight less difficult for the plebs but i think like this its the opposite it drags the fight out so that the AAs have time to work you down while you are trying to catch the light def fighters and the heavies trying to catch you.

Edited by Dis4ster, 14 February 2019 - 11:55 AM.

GonerNL #6 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12671 battles

View PostDis4ster, on 14 February 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

1) Its bugged then, 

Agreed.

I've been killed in fighters (not the most robust planes, but still) in 2 flak bursts, even while constantly weaving and dipping to get on the tail of defense fighters.

It's overdone, maybe just bugged.

I mean, they can put whatever they want in the patch-notes but that doesn't guarantee that it was coded right. I've been a programmer for ages and I've seen and done that (inadvertently). It's like the joystick bug, I'm sure they didn't want that in the code, but they still did it and then couldn't find it for 6 weeks.

@blindfold ; any possibility that this could be looked into as maybe being bugged ?? I don't know how much you play, but maybe you should try playing in heavy flak ... :)

Edited by GonerNL, 14 February 2019 - 12:54 PM.

Renwor #7 Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2733 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 14 February 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Agreed.

I've been killed in fighters (not the most robust planes, but still) in 2 flak bursts, even while constantly weaving and dipping to get on the tail of defense fighters.

It's overdone, maybe just bugged.

I mean, they can put whatever they want in the patch-notes but that doesn't guarantee that it was coded right. I've been a programmer for ages and I've seen and done that (inadvertently). It's like the joystick bug, I'm sure they didn't want that in the code, but they still did it and then couldn't find it for 6 weeks.

Same here, but only sometimes. At times I manage to be alone in red sector and AA mostly ignores me - I mean it bangs all around, but the damage is slow. maybe it depends on AA gun types or whatever.

On the other hand, some of you may remember the infamous "auto-aim" bug which developers claimed does not exist, until it was documented.

GonerNL #8 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12671 battles

View PostRenwor, on 14 February 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

maybe it depends on AA gun types or whatever.

Something like that. Or the map or the base type or the altitude ... that's why I said it could be bugged or glitched. 

klbergmen #9 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDis4ster, on 14 February 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

1) Its bugged then, because i had battles where 3 or 4 flaks hit me at once without any warning shots or damaged me even though i dodged by a good distance and ofc the good old invisible/silent flak fire that happens every now and then which you can't really dodge, why not just let aircraft slowly lose HP over enemy sectors that would be just as fun and challenging.

3) WTF is wrong with the bots, whenever i fly in a lone sector with only def aircraft present, all the light fighters on my altitude avoid me, but the heavies above come down at me. Like WTF so i have to catch the light fighters who are moving away from me while dodging the heavies(and flaks) who are zoom and booming on me which i can't catch.

Either let the heavies stay on their altitute and engage enemies that are on their hight until there are no light fighters left down below to defend or let them all come at me at once.

It looks like they have some kind of attack order don't they and the number of def aircraft attacking one player is also limited. So heavies attack first until one of them is destroyed then a light fighter joins in. The reason might be to make the fight less difficult for the plebs but i think like this its the opposite it drags the fight out so that the AAs have time to work you down while you are trying to catch the light def fighters and the heavies trying to catch you.

I don't like your idea about constantly loosing HP instead of flak. Skill should matter (I'm not saying that this doesn't need to be improved).

Flak and probably also ADA do have an attack order. I think they prefer plane classes that "should not be there" like light fighters.

The flak change made some planes absolutely useless. Both Pe-2 have gorgous special camo which is absolutely useless. They have to fly at a hight where they get both, light and heavy flak. They have to fly straight to drop their bombs and so get wrecked every time.

0berhessen #10 Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5641 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postblackmoomba, on 13 February 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

Lately i stumbled into these two problems

1) ...The climax of the situation was getting 1-2 shooted by AA flak above a mining plant while flying the t4 japanese zero... one second 140 hp, the second, shot down by AA....

A Zero-fighter over a mining plant:

First of all i ask myself what you are doing there in a Zero - unless there are enemy planes to kill.

But what enemy planes you expect over a mining plant? There are usually Groundattackers and Bombers.

Both are not worth to fight with a slow japanese paper plane that the Zero is. Bombers are to high and if the are low they are too fast for you, plus the Reargunner shreds you in seconds (like the AA guns do)

The AA guns in a mining plant are high firing guns. That means low flying airplanes are safe from AA fire.

You are simply in the wrong height over the wrong sector 

Edited by 0berhessen, 18 February 2019 - 01:16 PM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

0berhessen #11 Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5641 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDis4ster, on 14 February 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

...WTF is wrong with the bots, whenever i fly in a lone sector with only def aircraft present, all the light fighters on my altitude avoid me, but the heavies above come down at me. Like WTF so i have to catch the light fighters who are moving away from me while dodging the heavies(and flaks) who are zoom and booming on me which i can't catch.

Rocketbases beeing defended by 2 Heavies, Garrisons are defended by 2 Heavies and 3 Fighters.

When i attack a sector i always try to get the Heavies first, as you are right - they are really deadly.

If you kill both Heavies, you have to kill one more Fighter and the base is yours.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

blackmoomba #12 Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7172 battles

Each team capped a garrison, everyone was moving center to cap the plant... there were only 2 GAAs from each team inside the sector while i was approaching, and still the AA shred me to pieces, while at 500m alt.

I'm not sure what GAA's rear gunner at t4-5 have you really concerned for safety, as i found them easy pickings... and i'm not stupid or newbie to fly inside a plant without having proper targets to engage. The only situation when you can call flying over a mining plant the wrong place to be, is when the enemy owns it and there is no enemy plane to shoot down. Killing 2 enemy planes makes the capping extremely easy for my own GAAs... so in no way i was in the wrong place.

0berhessen #13 Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5641 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postblackmoomba, on 18 February 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Each team capped a garrison, everyone was moving center to cap the plant... there were only 2 GAAs from each team inside the sector while i was approaching, and still the AA shred me to pieces, while at 500m alt.

I'm not sure what GAA's rear gunner at t4-5 have you really concerned for safety, as i found them easy pickings... and i'm not stupid or newbie to fly inside a plant without having proper targets to engage. The only situation when you can call flying over a mining plant the wrong place to be, is when the enemy owns it and there is no enemy plane to shoot down. Killing 2 enemy planes makes the capping extremely easy for my own GAAs... so in no way i was in the wrong place.

Here is how the AA guns work in general:

https://blog.worldof...er-more-useful/

theOneWithaChatBan #14 Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8675 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ
it the bird strikes I hate  miles away from the battle and ack ack    boom bird hits you at  3000m  nice  

Edited by paca_madaidhean, 02 March 2020 - 11:01 PM.

Frateras #15 Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10323 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View Postblackmoomba, on 18 February 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

I've almost got some bombs or rockets with me for the AA's and one or two 30 mm for the HF and  GAA's. In T4 I would prefer a Blenheim F or Me-110.

Edited by Frateras, 06 March 2020 - 10:39 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users