Material earnings for the defeat team

Material Enhance Calibration Equipment

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Defeat Team earns Materials (32 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

The best 3 Players of the defeat Team earn a smaller amount of Material

1. Yes (22 votes [68.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

2. No (10 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

The best Player of the defeat Team earns a smaller amount of Material

1. Yes (22 votes [68.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

2. No (10 votes [31.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Hide poll

0berhessen #1 Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

As there is always a lack of some Materials, i wonder if the developers are willing to change the conditions for earning Materials.

At the current state of the game, you only get Material if you win a battle.

How would it be if the best 3 human Players of the defeat Team earn some Materials too?

Not the same amount as the winning Team - but a kind of consolation prize?

EDIT: Only the best Player of the defeat Team earns a smaller (comparing the the winners) amount of Material - like suggested by Zen_Monk

Edited by 0berhessen, 20 February 2019 - 05:58 AM.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9508 battles
  • [__] __

I've always advocated "the first from the losing team should get all as for victory".

The first three usually are all of the human participants. Here, with only the first one, it's "work for it buddy, make an effort" and it would make game more competing and interesting even in roflstomps.

So if I may suggest change the pool to First Three - First One - No.

Thank you.

Edited by zen_monk_, 19 February 2019 - 11:38 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

0berhessen #3 Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 February 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

I've always advocated "the first from the losing team should get all as for victory".

The first three usually are all of the human participants. Here, with only the first one, it's "work for it buddy, make an effort" and it would make game more competing and interesting even in roflstomps.

So if I may suggest change the pool to First Three - First One - No.

Thank you.

done :)
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Piq_Mastika #4 Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Why not the top player takes full materials and the top 3 - reduced?

0berhessen #5 Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 19 February 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Because, the winning team in my opinion deserves the full amount of material. The defeat Team should get a smaller amount. But the Top 1 or Top 3 of the defeat Team at least get something

Edited by 0berhessen, 19 February 2019 - 12:55 PM.

zen_monk_ #6 Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9508 battles
  • [__] __

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 19 February 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

A nice one. Do whatever you want with 2nd and 3rd, I wanna be that 1st with full rewards :teethhappy:

No, seriously, whether it's The First One or The First Three, it would only boost efforts in an obviously lost battle. Would make players try to do their best even in roflstomps - isn't that what we all want?

There's not a single bad element in all this. It would make loses like this less painful:

Spoiler

Edited by zen_monk_, 19 February 2019 - 12:57 PM.

Piq_Mastika #7 Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

If there are some materials to reward the losing team, no matter only the first one or the first 3, this will reduce the leavers from the "lost from the beginning" games. It is still somehow more motivating for the top 3. Imagine this situation, I have it quite often: player 1 died unlucky 2 times at the first minutes and he has like 1-2k pp, the top (player 2) already have 4-5k and 2 chevrons and "the battle is lost from the beginning", it will be more motivating for player 1 to chase top 3.

zen_monk_ #8 Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9508 battles
  • [__] __

You are right, it's more motivating when it's three.

So how about "first one full, 2nd and 3rd reduced"?

Piq_Mastika #9 Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 February 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

I like it, but is there any hope for WG to do it at all?

zen_monk_ #10 Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9508 battles
  • [__] __
Slight to none at all, but we're shooting the breeze in a pleasant way :teethhappy:

0berhessen #11 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 19 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

If there are some materials to reward the losing team, no matter only the first one or the first 3, this will reduce the leavers from the "lost from the beginning" games. It is still somehow more motivating for the top 3. Imagine this situation, I have it quite often: player 1 died unlucky 2 times at the first minutes and he has like 1-2k pp, the top (player 2) already have 4-5k and 2 chevrons and "the battle is lost from the beginning", it will be more motivating for player 1 to chase top 3.

That´s exactly the idea! Thanks for pointing it out!

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 February 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

sound´s good to me!

klbergmen #12 Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:11 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

You really don't need to do much to be in the the top 3. That's why I would stick to "only the first looser". Then there is still competition, otherwise its more like "join a battle and get stuff"

Even if you'r behind in chevrons you can still catch up.

The inital reason for this was that if you have a really good battle and still loose because of a crapteam or bad luck then you should still get something. It was not about "we always want to get something". The first three is more or less "always".

Piq_Mastika #13 Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postklbergmen, on 22 February 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

You really don't need to do much to be in the the top 3. That's why I would stick to "only the first looser". Then there is still competition, otherwise its more like "join a battle and get stuff"

Even if you'r behind in chevrons you can still catch up.

The inital reason for this was that if you have a really good battle and still loose because of a crapteam or bad luck then you should still get something. It was not about "we always want to get something". The first three is more or less "always".

Rewarding only top 1 will encourage people to leave, if they are fall behind the best one. I think rewarding top 3 will reduce the leavers very much.

0berhessen #14 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 22 February 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Rewarding only top 1 will encourage people to leave, if they are fall behind the best one. I think rewarding top 3 will reduce the leavers very much.

Sounds good to me - anyone from WG staff is having an opinion?

Isoruku_Yamamoto #15 Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:28 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2280 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I can achieve top 3 in my yaks by playing less than half the battle quite often.

Make it the first human player only, not bot. That may sound weird, but this way only 1 person gets rewarded, and if hes having a bad battle the reward will be 1 flight element.

Remember; the material reward is based on personal performance combined with chance, not just winning. Winning while flying around doing nothing gets you 0

0berhessen #16 Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 25 February 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

I can achieve top 3 in my yaks by playing less than half the battle quite often.

Make it the first human player only, not bot. That may sound weird, but this way only 1 person gets rewarded, and if hes having a bad battle the reward will be 1 flight element.

Remember; the material reward is based on personal performance combined with chance, not just winning. Winning while flying around doing nothing gets you 0

of course it should be the the first (or top 3) humans - not sure if bots get a benefit from materials... :)

Piq_Mastika #17 Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Post0berhessen, on 26 February 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

of course it should be the the first (or top 3) humans - not sure if bots get a benefit from materials... :)

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 25 February 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

My opinion here is if someone is outperformed by bot, he does not deserve the reward.

0berhessen #18 Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 5484 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 26 February 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

My opinion here is if someone is outperformed by bot, he does not deserve the reward.

Exactly!

Just to make a definition:

Possible Final Score of the defeat Team:

1.Player Arnold (Bot)

2.Player Bruno (Bot)

3.Player Yevgenij (Bot)

4. Human Player ... No Material!

1.Human Player Material

2.Human Player Material

3.Human Player Material

4. Player Yevgenij (Bot)

1.Human Player Material

2.Player Yevgenij (Bot)

3.Human Player Material

4. Player Arnold (Bot)

Sorry for naming and shaming Bots :trollface:

Isoruku_Yamamoto #19 Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2280 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Just to get this clear: my opinion is that it should in fact be first human combined with at least being in top three. 

The reason for this being quite simple: Grades. 

I myself am nearly always on top, especially in losing battles, but it has happened to me that i had winged legend and yet had a bot ranking above me with only 5k PP, based on grades. 
Now there is an argument to make that perhaps i wasnt playing for the mission well enough, but in a fighter/ multirole if you are losing really hard you can never get any defense kills, which makes grades a pretty poor indicator of your overall performance. 

If we'd say 1st player (bot or human) in personal points: yes, i'd agree. 

If we say 1st player by the list, id say the first human should get materials even if he's third in the list. 

Do consider that if you're third in the list while you actually did play very poorly, you won't gain that many materials from it anyway, so the difference is only significant for players that had good battle contribution. 

Grtz I_Y

Piq_Mastika #20 Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 06 March 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Just to get this clear: my opinion is that it should in fact be first human combined with at least being in top three. 

The reason for this being quite simple: Grades. 

I myself am nearly always on top, especially in losing battles, but it has happened to me that i had winged legend and yet had a bot ranking above me with only 5k PP, based on grades. 
Now there is an argument to make that perhaps i wasnt playing for the mission well enough, but in a fighter/ multirole if you are losing really hard you can never get any defense kills, which makes grades a pretty poor indicator of your overall performance. 

If we'd say 1st player (bot or human) in personal points: yes, i'd agree. 

If we say 1st player by the list, id say the first human should get materials even if he's third in the list. 

Do consider that if you're third in the list while you actually did play very poorly, you won't gain that many materials from it anyway, so the difference is only significant for players that had good battle contribution. 

Grtz I_Y

This grades are made to hmmm... "help" the people if they are doing it right. It is supposed for you to have a good grade if you are doing the job what you have to do in the game with that plane. Unfortunately the multirole performance vary so much and it is very hard to achieve high grades with all of them. For example it is hard to get the def kills with p47, because it sucks in turns and it is hard to attack sectors or gain cap points with MRF who have low speed or weak bombs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users