Tier 6 Premium - De Havilland 98 Mosquito FB 26

premium chinese tier 6

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

gunzzo808 #1 Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 342 battles

Any ideas on how to play the De Havilland 98 Mosquito FB 26

I'm fairly new to the game, bought this thing last night and not impressed so far survival rate is worse than I thought it would be. I get taken out easily in all games. all I seem to be able to do Is dive from up high - use bombs or rockets and then try and repeat but lucky to even get to do it the once, cant dogfight in it and no bombers to harass at altitude either ?   

I would like to say its a bad aircraft but its more likely me at fault. 

Edited by gunzzo808, 05 March 2019 - 05:02 AM.

0berhessen #2 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:54 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4464 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postgunzzo808, on 04 March 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

Any ideas on how to play the De Havilland 98 Mosquito FB 26

I'm fairly new to the game, bought this thing last night and not impressed so far survival rate is worse than I thought it would be. I get taken out easily in all games. all I seem to be able to do Is dive from up high - use bombs or rockets and then try and repeat but lucky to even get to do it the once, cant dogfight in it and no bombers to harass at altitude either ?   

I would like to say its a bad aircraft but its more likely me at fault.

Its not you, its the plane. From all Heavies i own this one is the worst. Not easy to fly.

A reason might be, its chinese Nation, that means you usually don´t have a good skilled pilot that you can use on it, as china does not have a full tech tree in the game.

The only possibility is to fly it often, dont forget to check the box that acclerates the pilots education on the plane.

Use it as it should be used, as a Heavy you do not dogfight, try to take out other Heavies, Bombers, maybe Groundattackers, use your speed to escape enemys, use the altitude to dive on enemys to take them out (boom and zoom)

Good luck

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Renwor #3 Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2470 battles
Buuut considering your battle count, I would suggest to get something else and forget about Mosquito for the time.  If you want HF experience, get P-35 - it's tier III, easy to reach. I know it's not heavy, but at the tier you mostly can play it as such and it's easy to handle.  Mosquito (the british one) is one of really few planes over tier IV which I actually sold after exping through - in frustration. 

GonerNL #4 Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9733 battles

Same here.

I love the Blenheim F and Beaufighter, but was very disappointed with the Mosquito. Still grinded it to the Hornet to see if it got better, but nope ... these planes are seriously under-powered. They lack speed and alt, while they have no reargunner because in real life they didn't need it ...

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8262 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 05 March 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

Same here.

I love the Blenheim F and Beaufighter, but was very disappointed with the Mosquito. Still grinded it to the Hornet to see if it got better, but nope ... these planes are seriously under-powered. They lack speed and alt, while they have no reargunner because in real life they didn't need it ...

Stick with them, tiers 9 and 10 will make it all worthwhile.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

gunzzo808 #6 Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

Airman Basic

• 342 battles

Thanks for the advise and glad to know its not just me.

I have been having quite good luck in multirole / attack aircraft perhaps i should have got a premium one of these maybe an IL-2 ? 

and slowly learn how best to use the heavies (Mosquito).

Thanks again...

Edited by gunzzo808, 05 March 2019 - 11:34 AM.

GonerNL #7 Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9733 battles

For heavies, just work up a line .. German or British and see if you like it. Or even better, the new Japanese (Ki-45) as they are more maneuverable.

For multiroles there are some nice premiums (if that's what you want) like Ar-197 or LaGG3 (4). For GA the IL-2 mod is nice, not better than the tree IL-2 twoseater but good for training crew and making credits.

0berhessen #8 Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4464 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postgunzzo808, on 05 March 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Thanks for the advise and glad to know its not just me.

I have been having quite good luck in multirole / attack aircraft perhaps i should have got a premium one of these maybe an IL-2 ? 

and slowly learn how best to use the heavies (Mosquito).

Thanks again...

before you think about buying a premium plane, make your own experience about the game and its mechanics on the normal techtree

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

RoyalFlyingCorps #9 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15484 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I would agree with the general tone of the remarks here.  As out and out heavies, the two Mosquitos are amongst the worst.  That said, they are something of a hybrid in that they can perform rather like an enhanced multirole with their extensive ordnance.  I would never recommend this for most heavies, but occasionally it’s worth attacking a sector at low level immediately rather than clearing out the high altitudes first in Mosquitos.  The trick is not to pick sectors with more than one or two defenders; ideally, an undefended mining plant where you can destroy several ground targets and then climb to take out enemy bombers.  However, there’s no getting away from the fact these are niche aircraft with a very small niche in WoWP.

Also tagged with premium, chinese, tier 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users