• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

siremorti #101 Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1347 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 11 March 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

I've concluded mine are added at the daily reset.

me too... received next day after finish stage 

Dismal #102 Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

Senior Airman

• 4455 battles

Hi

today 9 btls  NONE of them on the top ! NONE  with same  teirs ! only below , this is your new mode for the players who played more than 4K battles?

siremorti #103 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1347 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

Lol... i open my 3 crates extra and i win operation order for t7 bomber...i had this operation order since first day with 10 missions done but... i win AGAIN it and reset me all missions done....

LOL...

Is a bug? May be, because order wasnt activate? ... what sense for win again the same order....rly...i cant understand...

apartclassic #104 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14765 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

I wanted to play a bit of normal mode battles after the update to finalize my thoughts on the changes, and it kind of happened. So...

1/ Demolition Expert 'nerf' - it's not as much about the damage caused (though the change hits some planes more than others, e.g. t4 German attacker, the Fw 189C, sporting lower tier 50 kg bombs - they are virtually useless now, especially when the plane gets into t5 battle; has to let go of 2 bombs to destroy even an AA emplacement, again not because of the damage, but because of the lack of range on explosions). I understand it might be a not-too-subtle push towards buying and equipping the gold mods (RDX demo or whatever), but some planes are hit a lot harder than others. On most low/mid tier multiroles with smaller bombs the bomb has to be placed perfectly in the center of intended target, otherwise 2 bombs are needed. I can live with this change, but I certainly do not like it, nor do I see an in-game reason to apply it, and imho it's not necessary.

2/ the MM changes, i.e. total of 4 bombers/attackers in each battle - well, mixed feelings. Bots are able to near insta-cap anything now, since they fly in pairs. A pair of ILs AND a pair of bombers above = very fast takeover of a command centre or a plant. About 99% of my battles included this composition, usually on both sides, and it does require adjustments in the way people play. Also it forces players to hunt either the bombers or the attackers, and - especially on lower tier - it's near impossible to make players even notice the bombers, despite said players flying heavy fighters or high altitude light ones. The biggest gripe is not mine, is related by buddies flying higher tier attackers, especially trying to get certain medals/achievements in missions (Effimov anyone?). Quite a lot of times before their IL or Me gets to the zone, the bot bombers are already there and hard at work. They are significantly faster AND fly in pairs usually. As a result the attackers spend a lot of time flying to another zone, just to watch the targets being bombed a second or two before they have the range to open up. A change definitely, and one possible to adapt to, but very frustrating in many cases.

3/ Last but not least, the bot accuracy change. This has me raging. Foaming at my mouth, throwin stuff around and using really bad language. In essence, dear WG, you blundered. The problem with bots so far was NOT their accuracy. There was a strange phenomenon when they were insta-killing players, but taking a minute or two to finish off a bot. That's not accuracy problem, or there is some mysterious mechanics in play of which I am not aware - it was a script/coding difference for bots fighting players vs bots fighting bots. What you did with your change is made the bots a Skynet proper killing machines. I am betting you can see a significant increase in player-base assists and decrease in number of kills. A bot might have a problem killing a maneuvering target, but once a player crits that target, damaging a wing or tail and in effect making it 'non-actively maneuvering', bot buff kicks in and bang, the frag goes to a bot that just happened to be passing by. But that's not the biggest problem I have with that change. My problem is the Yak7/9/9U and higher family, with all those planes sporting a single large calibre gun. Do you people at WG realize what you have done with them? Up till now there was a way of evening the odds - when caught unprepared, the bots were usually one- or two-shotting a player, and it was irritating. A player could turn towards such bot and go head-on, and usually was able to survive it and kill the bot. Now, after the change, when you try and go head-on, you are... 'non-actively maneuvering' target. And yes, bots get increased accuracy then. And yes, it's sick. The bots are nowhere near player level in such situation, they are as I stated above, the Skynet terminators. And it even happens with BSh-2 or other low/mid tier attacker; they spot a player attacker headed their way, they attack, player goes head on, bots hit with every freaking shot. They WILL hit you with every shot, they WILL kill you no matter what. And ILs? How do you expect them to do the chicken dance, to reduce bots' accuracy? Again, Yaks pop attackers left and right. What's more ridiculous is the fact that with the improper script and bots 'cheating' on boost, effectively climbing to absurd levels (because they MUST climb as high as possible), a Yak 7 or 9 can insta-kill a bomber at 2000 or 2500 meters altitude. Heck, I did see an I-16 (and obviously Yaks, climbing even higher) at 2000m, a feat I would love to be able to repeat with my own I-16. I do not see the reasoning behind this change, or if it was supposed to addres that difference I mentioned at the start - bot vs bot / bot vs player - it backfired badly. Basically in any situation player's plane is not doing the chicken dance, bots win. Their shots don't miss, they don't care about range, they don't care about overheating guns, they don't pay the least attention to engine overheating. I strongly suggest reverting this change, it's not necessary at all, the only result is a lot more frustration and a lot less pleasure. No, I do not advocate making the bots free frags - I want to make it clear that it's only the accuracy changes that I'm addressing here. Take away your Terminators, bring back the regular, human-like bots when it comes to shooting, I say.

4/ The technicalities like game's stability - noticeable increase, thank you very much. Much smoother, a lot less disconnects or shutdowns (though they still happen, rarely). There is that strange bug occasionaly, with no markers, empty team list etc, but I have no clue what causes it, and it still appears sporadically. Oh, the lag spikes, this is still bad - micro-lag, micro-synchro issues, when the client doesn't even show increased ping, but you can see your own plane sliding sideways (drifting) or doing 0 damage despite well-placed rounds. All in all the game does feel more smooth and stable, kudos for that.

As usual, a wall of text from me. If you want, skip it all, BUT not the accuracy thing. Redo it. Revert it. Take it away. Reduce the buff. Do something, but do NOT leave it as it is. Pweez.... I haz cookies if you heed that call...

Edited by apartclassic, 12 March 2019 - 01:05 AM.

Cruditatem #105 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7210 battles
  • [-DEL] -DEL

View Postsiremorti, on 11 March 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Lol... i open my 3 crates extra and i win operation order for t7 bomber...i had this operation order since first day with 10 missions done but... i win AGAIN it and reset me all missions done....

LOL...

Is a bug? May be, because order wasnt activate? ... what sense for win again the same order....rly...i cant understand...

No bug, also there is written if you open an other order all progress is deleted

0berhessen #106 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2802 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postapartclassic, on 12 March 2019 - 01:04 AM, said:

...1/ Demolition Expert 'nerf'...I can live with this change, but I certainly do not like it, nor do I see an in-game reason to apply it, and imho it's not necessary...

2/ ... total of 4 bombers/attackers in each battle...Bots are able to near insta-cap anything now, since they fly in pairs... a pair of bombers above = very fast takeover...Also it forces players to hunt either the bombers or the attackers...very frustrating in many cases...

3/ Last but not least, the bot accuracy change...In essence, dear WG, you blundered...There was a strange phenomenon when they were insta-killing players, but taking a minute or two to finish off a bot...

Wargaming,

1+2 - After playing a few rounds in GAA specially high tier, i can tell i dont like the nerf of GAAs, as the new high tier Bombers are really really fast!

As a GAA player you have really a problem to reach a sector in time, cap it, but meanwhile the fast bombers cap the next sector and so on. So it became hard for a human player in GAA to be fast enough as a (bot) bomber is often faster... plus the fact that human enemy players in fighters/heavys/multirole and as well bots in those plane types take out your structure much too quick. So if you survive an attack of those, soon the AA of a sector takes the rest of your points and thats it..

3 - i can´t agree more with apartclassic here, if a bot fights against a human, they are incredibly good - why aren´t they as good if they fight against each other?

Last but not least: blindfold, you still haven´t answered my question why you nerfed the high tier GAAs

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

siremorti #107 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1347 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

View PostCruditatem, on 12 March 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

No bug, also there is written if you open an other order all progress is deleted

I didn't open/activate another order... I had one activated, tier7...I dropped in one crate the same order as I had activate and then, all progrrssion reset... I didnt activated more orders than the first,  tier 7

I wanted to play a bit of normal mode battles after the update to finalize my thoughts on the changes, and it kind of happened. So...

1/ Demolition Expert 'nerf' - it's not as much about the damage caused (though the change hits some planes more than others, e.g. t4 German attacker, the Fw 189C, sporting lower tier 50 kg bombs - they are virtually useless now, especially when the plane gets into t5 battle; has to let go of 2 bombs to destroy even an AA emplacement, again not because of the damage, but because of the lack of range on explosions). I understand it might be a not-too-subtle push towards buying and equipping the gold mods (RDX demo or whatever), but some planes are hit a lot harder than others. On most low/mid tier multiroles with smaller bombs the bomb has to be placed perfectly in the center of intended target, otherwise 2 bombs are needed. I can live with this change, but I certainly do not like it, nor do I see an in-game reason to apply it, and imho it's not necessary.

2/ the MM changes, i.e. total of 4 bombers/attackers in each battle - well, mixed feelings. Bots are able to near insta-cap anything now, since they fly in pairs. A pair of ILs AND a pair of bombers above = very fast takeover of a command centre or a plant. About 99% of my battles included this composition, usually on both sides, and it does require adjustments in the way people play. Also it forces players to hunt either the bombers or the attackers, and - especially on lower tier - it's near impossible to make players even notice the bombers, despite said players flying heavy fighters or high altitude light ones. The biggest gripe is not mine, is related by buddies flying higher tier attackers, especially trying to get certain medals/achievements in missions (Effimov anyone?). Quite a lot of times before their IL or Me gets to the zone, the bot bombers are already there and hard at work. They are significantly faster AND fly in pairs usually. As a result the attackers spend a lot of time flying to another zone, just to watch the targets being bombed a second or two before they have the range to open up. A change definitely, and one possible to adapt to, but very frustrating in many cases.

3/ Last but not least, the bot accuracy change. This has me raging. Foaming at my mouth, throwin stuff around and using really bad language. In essence, dear WG, you blundered. The problem with bots so far was NOT their accuracy. There was a strange phenomenon when they were insta-killing players, but taking a minute or two to finish off a bot. That's not accuracy problem, or there is some mysterious mechanics in play of which I am not aware - it was a script/coding difference for bots fighting players vs bots fighting bots. What you did with your change is made the bots a Skynet proper killing machines. I am betting you can see a significant increase in player-base assists and decrease in number of kills. A bot might have a problem killing a maneuvering target, but once a player crits that target, damaging a wing or tail and in effect making it 'non-actively maneuvering', bot buff kicks in and bang, the frag goes to a bot that just happened to be passing by. But that's not the biggest problem I have with that change. My problem is the Yak7/9/9U and higher family, with all those planes sporting a single large calibre gun. Do you people at WG realize what you have done with them? Up till now there was a way of evening the odds - when caught unprepared, the bots were usually one- or two-shotting a player, and it was irritating. A player could turn towards such bot and go head-on, and usually was able to survive it and kill the bot. Now, after the change, when you try and go head-on, you are... 'non-actively maneuvering' target. And yes, bots get increased accuracy then. And yes, it's sick. The bots are nowhere near player level in such situation, they are as I stated above, the Skynet terminators. And it even happens with BSh-2 or other low/mid tier attacker; they spot a player attacker headed their way, they attack, player goes head on, bots hit with every freaking shot. They WILL hit you with every shot, they WILL kill you no matter what. And ILs? How do you expect them to do the chicken dance, to reduce bots' accuracy? Again, Yaks pop attackers left and right. What's more ridiculous is the fact that with the improper script and bots 'cheating' on boost, effectively climbing to absurd levels (because they MUST climb as high as possible), a Yak 7 or 9 can insta-kill a bomber at 2000 or 2500 meters altitude. Heck, I did see an I-16 (and obviously Yaks, climbing even higher) at 2000m, a feat I would love to be able to repeat with my own I-16. I do not see the reasoning behind this change, or if it was supposed to addres that difference I mentioned at the start - bot vs bot / bot vs player - it backfired badly. Basically in any situation player's plane is not doing the chicken dance, bots win. Their shots don't miss, they don't care about range, they don't care about overheating guns, they don't pay the least attention to engine overheating. I strongly suggest reverting this change, it's not necessary at all, the only result is a lot more frustration and a lot less pleasure. No, I do not advocate making the bots free frags - I want to make it clear that it's only the accuracy changes that I'm addressing here. Take away your Terminators, bring back the regular, human-like bots when it comes to shooting, I say.

4/ The technicalities like game's stability - noticeable increase, thank you very much. Much smoother, a lot less disconnects or shutdowns (though they still happen, rarely). There is that strange bug occasionaly, with no markers, empty team list etc, but I have no clue what causes it, and it still appears sporadically. Oh, the lag spikes, this is still bad - micro-lag, micro-synchro issues, when the client doesn't even show increased ping, but you can see your own plane sliding sideways (drifting) or doing 0 damage despite well-placed rounds. All in all the game does feel more smooth and stable, kudos for that.

As usual, a wall of text from me. If you want, skip it all, BUT not the accuracy thing. Redo it. Revert it. Take it away. Reduce the buff. Do something, but do NOT leave it as it is. Pweez.... I haz cookies if you heed that call...

Totally agree

Edited by siremorti, 12 March 2019 - 08:56 AM.

Sidus_Preclarum #108 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Senior Airman

• 2979 battles

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 11 March 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

_ game hanging or losing connection after the battle : still happening

Bloody hell, just realized this results in the token for achievements not getting awarded. Awesome. :sceptic:

Horcan #109 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4428 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
If timer of order execution expire, progress is reset. Are you sure it wasnt expired? I had the same, started tier 7 but didnt bother to do it, then i got it again in a crate.

siremorti #110 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1347 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

View PostHorcan, on 12 March 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

If timer of order execution expire, progress is reset. Are you sure it wasnt expired? I had the same, started tier 7 but didnt bother to do it, then i got it again in a crate.

Time expired with my first order BUT order wasn't reset, I saw my missions done and I had the extend option button up.... who knows... wg support missed in this thread. .. but with last patch came a lot of bugs then...one more? Ey! Why not? XD 

blindfoId #111 Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Postsiremorti, on 12 March 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Time expired with my first order BUT order wasn't reset, I saw my missions done and I had the extend option button up.... 

When the time expires all mission progress is eliminated. The mission progress remains if you expand the duration of the Operation Order while it is still active. 

siremorti #112 Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1347 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

View PostblindfoId, on 12 March 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

When the time expires all mission progress is eliminated. The mission progress remains if you expand the duration of the Operation Order while it is still active. 

That's the question, mission progress remained with NO expand the duration of the operation order... I saw it and write here it because I was confused about it... only with the "new" order in a crate, missions reset... may be a bug but Im sure what I saw

blindfoId #113 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Postsiremorti, on 12 March 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

That's the question, mission progress remained with NO expand the duration of the operation order... I saw it and write here it because I was confused about it... only with the "new" order in a crate, missions reset... may be a bug but Im sure what I saw

There's an issue with Operation Orders remaining in the Specials and Missions menu after expiring that should be fixed soon. 

siremorti #114 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1347 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

View PostblindfoId, on 12 March 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

There's an issue with Operation Orders remaining in the Specials and Missions menu after expiring that should be fixed soon. 

ok. Then, I didn't dream it hehehe.... but not a really important problem if we compare with the big bugs in game.... I hope you can resolve all these bugs soon. ..

DuainHicks #115 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1101 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

View Postsiremorti, on 12 March 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

I hope you can resolve all these bugs soon. ..

They should, because now they have more time, by not losing it with other languages in the translation.

World Of Planes in Spanish.

Horcan #116 Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 4428 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostblindfoId, on 12 March 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Dont bother fixing it just remove it, since i doubt there are more than a few who bother doing those orders.

Regis_Sawyer #117 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 3517 battles

I agree.

Also - bot's increased accuracy while being "non-actively maneuvering target" hurts planes which their damage-dealing capacity is based on machine guns.
Since those planes need to stay focused on one target longer than autocanon based planes to deal at least some damage - and in the meantime... Bots kills the player.

Horcan #118 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:42 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 4428 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostRegis_Sawyer, on 13 March 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

I agree.

Also - bot's increased accuracy while being "non-actively maneuvering target" hurts planes which their damage-dealing capacity is based on machine guns.
Since those planes need to stay focused on one target longer than autocanon based planes to deal at least some damage - and in the meantime... Bots kills the player.

It's sort of the same what they did to AA. You try to go stright with a bomber or GAA to hit anything, youre toasted. Slowly turned world of warplanes into some world of spam evasive maneouvers all the time or slowly die to unseen death. It's like a RPG game, where some boss have some decrease everyone hp  overtime. The sooner you enter a base , your hp start decreasing rapidly from the multiple things ( AA high and low altitude, fighters, heavies, enemy ). So instead of focusing on fighting the enemy team, you have to focus on not being hit by the "environment" .

apartclassic #119 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14765 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostHorcan, on 14 March 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

It's sort of the same what they did to AA. You try to go stright with a bomber or GAA to hit anything, youre toasted. Slowly turned world of warplanes into some world of spam evasive maneouvers all the time or slowly die to unseen death. It's like a RPG game, where some boss have some decrease everyone hp  overtime. The sooner you enter a base , your hp start decreasing rapidly from the multiple things ( AA high and low altitude, fighters, heavies, enemy ). So instead of focusing on fighting the enemy team, you have to focus on not being hit by the "environment" .

It used to be quite feasable not to die during the entire battle, given enough situational awareness and a bit of luck. Nowadays it's almost impossible, because of dmg mechanics and increased AA, and gunfire spam, and random critical hits in the middle of nowhere (you transit from one zone to another, nothing around, nothing shooting, poof goes your engine or pilot, or wing - dunno, maybe I hit a bird...). It's as you said, arcade-ish - you die, you respawn, who cares... I don't like that at all.

houghtonbee #120 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2444 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postapartclassic, on 14 March 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

It used to be quite feasable not to die during the entire battle, given enough situational awareness and a bit of luck. Nowadays it's almost impossible, because of dmg mechanics and increased AA, and gunfire spam, and random critical hits in the middle of nowhere (you transit from one zone to another, nothing around, nothing shooting, poof goes your engine or pilot, or wing - dunno, maybe I hit a bird...). It's as you said, arcade-ish - you die, you respawn, who cares... I don't like that at all.

One of the most annoying bugs on the game. All of a sudden ding-ding-ding and you randomly lose 50hp for no reason.

And when you respawn at stall speed, I mean wtf is that doing in the game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users