@blindfoId - Where can I see the PP progress in the Blade of Vengeance?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

zen_monk_ #1 Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • [__] __

There's a final condition for the opportunity to get Tier 10 bomber, medal Master of Vengeance "....awarded for earning 1 500 000 Personal Points during the Blade of Vengeance Event..."

All other medals can be seen in Profile/Memorabilia, but not this - rather important condition. Where can we check this?

Thank you.

Edited by zen_monk_, 11 March 2019 - 02:06 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

0berhessen #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2752 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
seems we are all blindfold
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • [__] __

View Post0berhessen, on 12 March 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

seems we are all blindfold

unfortunately seems that "all" includes WG

Renwor #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 1743 battles
You mean, you do not write down your progress after each battle?  Including detailed statistics of structure of PP gained, number of bots in a given battle, the tier and tier scope etc. etc. ... Like seriously ?  You want the game to keep the tabs for you? But this is not the spreadsheet game from 1999's, this is MODERN game dammit.

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • [__] __
An error occurred, you have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

blindfoId #6 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 11 March 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

There's a final condition for the opportunity to get Tier 10 bomber, medal Master of Vengeance "....awarded for earning 1 500 000 Personal Points during the Blade of Vengeance Event..."

All other medals can be seen in Profile/Memorabilia, but not this - rather important condition. Where can we check this?

Thank you.

I'm afraid that the progress cannot be tracked anywhere. If you achieve that number of Personal Points you will simply receive the achievement. 

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • [__] __

View PostblindfoId, on 12 March 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm afraid that the progress cannot be tracked anywhere. If you achieve that number of Personal Points you will simply receive the achievement. 

Thank you for the answer... but do you realize how wrong it is?

That achievement is a final condition "to obtain Tier 10 on discount - - something". Big deal here in game. I'm prepared to earn all the previous medals, can control what and how I do it, I can clearly see what I need to do and how much time I have to invest. But this one, the last and the most important one to crown a month of effort...  how on Earth am I to be sure I've made it?

Edited by zen_monk_, 12 March 2019 - 08:52 PM.

blindfoId #8 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 12 March 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

Thank you for the answer... but do you realize how wrong it is?

That achievement is a final condition "to obtain Tier 10 on discount - - something". Big deal here in game. I'm prepared to earn all the previous medals, can control what and how I do it, I can clearly see what I need to do and how much time I have to invest. But this one, the last and the most important one to crown a month of effort...  how on Earth am I to be sure I've made it?

Yes, I do and I totally agree with you. It would be much better and much more convenient if you could see you progress on getting this achievement. Still, there's no technical possibility to implement this feature. At the current moment the only progress traceable things are missions. As this is an achievement and not a mission you cannot see any progress in real time and only receive this achievement when conditions are met. 

klbergmen #9 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:18 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4788 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostRenwor, on 12 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

You mean, you do not write down your progress after each battle?  Including detailed statistics of structure of PP gained, number of bots in a given battle, the tier and tier scope etc. etc. ... Like seriously ?  You want the game to keep the tabs for you? But this is not the spreadsheet game from 1999's, this is MODERN game dammit.

This will not help you - they want to see printscreens !

:trollface:

zen_monk_ #10 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5595 battles
  • [__] __

Thank you again for the sincere answer.

And you know very well that what will follow here from me is not "not another dime for WG"! No. But it might come down to it for this instance. Because the people who pay the most are your grownups with jobs - hence, with limited seat time. If WG is unable to provide us with the progress data (and a colossal one, 1.5 mill) we will not be able to calculate the needed time for a final achievement. And we (at least I) might say "oh what the heck, I'll not go for this one".

And it creates a lose-lose situation. The people with money who support and who might buy it will not achieve it, and the people with lots of time will unknowingly achieve it - but won't buy. So no one profits.

blindfoId #11 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 March 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

Thank you again for the sincere answer.

And you know very well that what will follow here from me is not "not another dime for WG"! No. But it might come down to it for this instance. Because the people who pay the most are your grownups with jobs - hence, with limited seat time. If WG is unable to provide us with the progress data (and a colossal one, 1.5 mill) we will not be able to calculate the needed time for a final achievement. And we (at least I) might say "oh what the heck, I'll not go for this one".

And it creates a lose-lose situation. The people with money who support and who might buy it will not achieve it, and the people with lots of time will unknowingly achieve it - but won't buy. So no one profits.

That is exactly why I did what I could from my side - at least informed the Community about the required numbers for receiving this achievement so you can calculate for yourselves estimated time for getting this medal. Let's say a player earns 7-8k Personal Points per battle on the average, it means that he/she needs to play ~200 battles before the event ends. I know it is not that convenient as it might be but I explained the situation why it is as it is now. 

GonerNL #12 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6865 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 12 March 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

:amazed:

The progress can not be tracked, but the game/server knows when you reach the required number ... telepathy ?

Edited by GonerNL, 13 March 2019 - 10:03 AM.

svadilfari #13 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4253 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostGonerNL, on 13 March 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

:amazed:

The progress can not be tracked, but the game/server knows when you reach the required number ... telepathy ?

my thoughts exactly

blindfoId #14 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles
I suppose you do understand the difference between the possibility to see the progress in-game (like any mission) and the progress recorded in the game itself (like cumulative achievements - the Dilley or Johnson medals). 

raketak_ #15 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6684 battles

blindfoId, we understand. But on second side, I don't see a big problem show this number in game or on web. As you can see number of battles, number of ground or air kills... This is next number from database. I understand that this is work for programmers (or web developer) and will be use only for one mission. In worst case, add parallel mission with 1 credit reward for track only.

We probably should count points in excel from start :)

Edit:

maybe there can be web link which show this number from DB. Not need this integrate to game or to official web. In end this is one select for DB.

Edited by raketak_, 13 March 2019 - 12:36 PM.

Aimless #16 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1251 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Reading this, some lame "soviet russia" joke was coming into my mind. I'm better gonna keep it for myself :P

GonerNL #17 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 6865 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 13 March 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

I suppose you do understand the difference between the possibility to see the progress in-game (like any mission) and the progress recorded in the game itself (like cumulative achievements - the Dilley or Johnson medals). 

Sorry, but I don't ... the total personal points per player is saved somewhere to keep track per player (as from the start of this event). So it can be displayed, in-game or on your profile, whatever. Sure, it would require some coding, but technically it could be done, right ?? 

xmkh #18 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4033 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 13 March 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Yes, I do and I totally agree with you. It would be much better and much more convenient if you could see you progress on getting this achievement. Still, there's no technical possibility to implement this feature. At the current moment the only progress traceable things are missions. As this is an achievement and not a mission you cannot see any progress in real time and only receive this achievement when conditions are met. 

It would've been trivial to implement this as a global mission which could be tracked. It's done for certain daily missions, it's been done in the past for event missions. These missions have been used also to award achievements, so this is just an inexcusable oversight from the designers of the event.

klbergmen #19 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4788 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostGonerNL, on 13 March 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

Sorry, but I don't ... the total personal points per player is saved somewhere to keep track per player (as from the start of this event). So it can be displayed, in-game or on your profile, whatever. Sure, it would require some coding, but technically it could be done, right ??

Sure it could be done but they didn't think about it and now they don't have the manpower or time to do it.

Maybe we should open tickets to get the current number like with certificates.

@Blindfold: You should think about implementing someting to show such information somewhere, not necessarily ingame.

Edited by klbergmen, 14 March 2019 - 08:55 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users