Official Update 2.0.10 Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

blindfoId #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Greetings pilots!

We would like to hear your opinions on the main points of the Update 2.0.10. All the changes introduced with this update can be found here

When posting your feedback please mind the forum rules.

Please respond using the format below:

1. Balance
Share your impressions of battle balance changes for some aircraft (USSR and German Attack Aircraft, improvement of the J8M's characteristics);
Share your impressions of balance changes for crew mechanics (Demolition Expert skill and pilot's injury effect on outboard weapon); 
Share your opinion on new aircraft type-specific missions for Heavy Fighters.
2. Game Modes
Share your impressions of changes in the "Conquest" game mode mechanics (the Group respawn mechanics and the Airbase mechanics).
3. Matchmaker
Did you like the changes in MM mechanics (reducing the number of Attack Aircraft and Bombers per team, separate matchmaker settings for new players)?
4. AI
Did you notice any changes in the AI behaviour? Did their aiming against poorly maneuvering targets increase? Did they become more active in capturing the nearest sectors? 
5. Technical problems
Do you encounter Black Screens when starting a battle (not on queue screen but in battle) and/or after respawn?
What technical problems do you face after the update?
6. Share your opinions about other points of Update that are not mentioned above.

Note that any posts which do not follow the proposed format will be un-approved. Keep your feedback constructive and on-topic. 

Thank you for your answers! :honoring:

angelmichel #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 7312 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
1. Balance
Nothing to say about the ground attackers, but the J8M buff definitely makes it more effective, but the guns still feel very random, gotta see with ultimate gunsights when it's specialized (if i ever do it)
Revert this, that was a terrible idea, i thought "heh it's just a few %", and it indeed didn't really hurt my P.1102 B, but my brand new Ju 287 (with SC 1000 bombs) keeps leaving targets below 200 HP, and this is straight up insulting
The Heavy Fighter missions seem alright i guess, haven't really played them outside of Attrition yet
2. Game Modes
I'm personally not a fan of the wave respawn thing
3. Matchmaker
Having less ground pounders per team is probably a good change, the new players matchmaking is a good idea, but once they're above 4K exp (which isn't a lot of time to learn), they're just going to get shredded by stat padders and token farmers
4. AI
The aim didn't really improve against poorly maneuvering (or literally not maneuvering AT ALL) targets, but they still happen to suddenly just annihilate everything. I've also had heavy fighters fly straight to my spawn instead of capturing stuff early in the game
5. Technical problems
I don't think i've experienced black screens so far
This is nothing new and already got reported ages ago, but the health of the ground targets is still displayed BEHIND the health bar, so you don't see numbers until it's empty, and there's ground targets sections not showing at all extremely frequently
6. Share your opinions about other points of Update that are not mentioned above.
The new armored AA guns are just a terrible idea, if you're going to attack the sector alone (because you know, you more often than not can't rely on your team mates, and even less on the bots) you're dead, there's no way you're going to destroy all the low-alt AA before getting killed, they have way too much damage and health, they make strongholds stupidly hard to attack even in a tier 10 GAA

apartclassic #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 21165 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

I don't mind repeating myself :) I'll make it short, thank you for enumerating the points you are interested in.

BALANCE

a) Planes were, are, will be rebalanced, this one is another of those 'adapt and overcome' changes. Frankly, as to high tier ILs and Me - the change seems minuscule. Doesn't impact the gameplay in any major way, it's almost transparent. J8M is more pleasant to fly, the change to guns mechanics is especially nice - we of the cherry blossom comittee welcome this change wholeheartedly.

b) Demolition Expert change is a serious letdown. Some planes are hit by it so hard it cries out loud 'nerf stick applied!'. In many cases - Fw 189C, some multirole fighters - the effectiveness of carried payload was actually halved, because whereas up till now a single bomb was enough, now one has to drop two. It seems to me the negative is not damage reduction, it's the range reduction. All the ordnance has to be perfectly placed now, and given the innate synchro/microlag it's just not doable, so people drop two. My own actual experience - a high tier hard target, with about 3600hp; I did hit it, I was quite accurate with both (!) bombs, but there was 9 hp left. It translates imho to a half-milimeter 'error' in accuracy - and that's what Demolition Expert with increased range was for. It no longer is, might as well be removed alltogether. Pilot's injury always reduced accuracy in my mind, I don't feel any significant change here. EDIT: it's definitely about the gold mods. They do make a difference now, and I suspect this is the reason for 'rebalance', to push players into paying for gold mods. I hope it's not the sole reasoning, but I'm an old cynic...

c) new mission types are sort of a new label for old merchandize. I mean they are there, they get fullfilled anyway either by chance or when concentrating on the particular mission. Nothing very significant either.

GAME MODES

Actually nothing major here neither. The group respawn mechanics was already present in some events, it just takes getting used to. Same with airfield, and it actually seems to be a nice change in those mid-tier scenarios with central airfield, which was almost impossible to cap when the defenders insta-respawned. Nothing to frown upon in my opinion, 'adapt and overcome'.

MATCHMAKER

This one actually translates into '2 bombers/2 ground attackers per side' in 99% of battles. The change itself is ok-ish, the bad things happen afterwards when one side's bombers/ILs fly in pairs and cap ultrafast, while the other side has its planes split. Strangely enough bots are randomized as well in this, sometimes they stick together, sometimes they don't. Forces the player to pay more attention to the radar, and as such is an interesting challenge. Certainly makes team composition more predictable, while still leaving the results open.

AI

Did I notice? Oh boy, who didn't... Since I already elaborated on this, the short answer is 'bleh'. Bad change. Yes, bots cap more actively, and it's a challenge to keep up quite often. The accuracy is very close to game-breaking, it's not a solution to existing problem, but creates new ones. You created robotic killers, and they in no way resemble human behaviour now - no player is as accurate as bots are now. Couple it with the chronic stalling of bots (which makes THEM hard to hit for anyone keeping reasonable speeds, while putting bots in perfect shooting solutions) plus the notorious KSing by bots, and it becomes a chore to play. Not a challenge - a chore. Revert it, remove it, take it away for refining - it's a bad change, without using adult language is all I will say.

TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Major and noticeable improvement. Black screens when starting a battle are gone for me. There is an occasional bug when no target markers appear and team list is empty, but I believe it's a known issue. The technical problem that still remains are sporadic battle where server goes haywire and de-synchs the players while not impacting bots. Also, server hiccups, the micro-lag that comes and goes unexpectedly (although it's almost a rule that when you go into a steep dive, you will get that lag spike and you will crash - and the notification about it appears about two seconds later than it actually happened). In general the game plays much smoother, but there are still issues.

I hope it's short and up to the point. It's mostly a good/transparent update, but definitely not a perfect one. Demo Expert and bot accuracy are simply awfull changes, should not have happened. Rest is either good or ok.

Edited by apartclassic, 12 March 2019 - 11:21 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

SchnipeExpert #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 1770 battles

1. Balance

Can the German "precision" bombers get more accuracy on the bomb drops. Since the current ones fall a postcode away from the center of the circle.

4. AI

Heavy bot fighters ignore caps and everything and just go for bombers most of the time please fix this or make attack aircraft equally a priority since it is in their mission now.

Edited by SchnipeExpert, 12 March 2019 - 07:27 PM.

InVictuS_ShaDoW #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7607 battles
  • [-WRE-] -WRE-
1. Balance
Share your impressions of battle balance changes for some aircraft (USSR and German Attack Aircraft, improvement of the J8M's characteristics) - no aircraft, no comment
Share your impressions of balance changes for crew mechanics (Demolition Expert skill and pilot's injury effect on outboard weapon); - I need more time
Share your opinion on new aircraft type-specific missions for Heavy Fighters. - a good change

2. Game Modes
Share your impressions of changes in the "Conquest" game mode mechanics (the Group respawn mechanics and the Airbase mechanics). the old solution was fairer. You are dying for more, you are coming back for longer! Fly with your head and think ahead

3. Matchmaker
Did you like the changes in MM mechanics (reducing the number of Attack Aircraft and Bombers per team, separate matchmaker settings for new players)? - I do not like

4. AI
Did you notice any changes in the AI behaviour? Did their aiming against poorly maneuvering targets increase? Did they become more active in capturing the nearest sectors? MASSACRE! MASSACRE! MASSACRE!

Let the programmers play a few battles and they will evaluate it themselves!

5. Technical problems
Do you encounter Black Screens when starting a battle (not on queue screen but in battle) and/or after respawn? - very rarely

6. Share your opinions about other points of Update that are not mentioned above. -  BOTS, BOTS and once more BOTY! Excellent snipers, killing players in 10 seconds but other bots tire for 3 minutes ...

I maneuver the sector actively, and so the anti-aircraft gun pulls 70% of my hp.

GonerNL #6 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11343 battles
1. Balance
• Share your impressions of battle balance changes for some aircraft (USSR and German Attack Aircraft, improvement of the J8M's characteristics);
  I don't like any 'nerfs' to GA ; they are the pinatas of this game already and get even more vulnarable by weakening their gunners and armor.
• Share your impressions of balance changes for crew mechanics (Demolition Expert skill and pilot's injury effect on outboard weapon); 
  Terrible! Why only for attack and bombers ? Demo expert is a must to be effective and now it's decreased.
• Share your opinion on new aircraft type-specific missions for Heavy Fighters.
  did not notice
2. Game Modes
• Share your impressions of changes in the "Conquest" game mode mechanics (the Group respawn mechanics and the Airbase mechanics).
  no opinion
3. Matchmaker
• Did you like the changes in MM mechanics (reducing the number of Attack Aircraft and Bombers per team, separate matchmaker settings for new players)?
  I did not notice any improvement. Still horribly unmatched teams ; higher tier specced flights and unbalanced plane types. Lots of roflstomps.
4. AI
• Did you notice any changes in the AI behaviour? Did their aiming against poorly maneuvering targets increase? Did they become more active in capturing the nearest sectors? 
  The bots with 37mm and 45mm were overpowered as they were. Now even more supernatural. Did not notice improvement in participating in captures. Nearby should not be the criterium, but importance.
5. Technical problems
• Do you encounter Black Screens when starting a battle (not on queue screen but in battle) and/or after respawn?
  Not before battles, but still get disconnects or 'could not retrieve player info' after battles. Have to retype password 5 times a day.
• What technical problems do you face after the update?
  no new problems, just the usual (like no game progress shown in flights)
  no opinion

Aimless #7 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3540 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

As someone who wasn't affected that much by technical problems so much in the past I observe issues with the general stability of the client. Means, I have CTDs on a more or less regular basis. Apart from that I had some old issues like watching a team mate in movie after my own respawn once, and a situation where I found myself out of sync (all enemy planes with hitboxes somewhere else) and a missing aiming circle.

edit:  I almost forgot to mention that I suffer more sound bugs (missing engine sound, missing gun sound, no sound at all) since the current patch.

Edited by Aimless, 13 March 2019 - 01:30 PM.

Piq_Mastika #8 Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:23 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
1. Balance
Share your impressions of battle balance changes for some aircraft (USSR and German Attack Aircraft, improvement of the J8M's characteristics);
I haven't played much GAA since the update, but USSR GAA's was very superior to the German ones. I think this is a balance, not GAA nerf.
Share your impressions of balance changes for crew mechanics (Demolition Expert skill and pilot's injury effect on outboard weapon);
Nerfing specific plane's bombs/rockets could do the job. For sure its much easier to nerf a skill, but not fair to the unpopular MRF's.
Share your opinion on new aircraft type-specific missions for Heavy Fighters.
Seems OK.
2. Game Modes
Share your impressions of changes in the "Conquest" game mode mechanics (the Group respawn mechanics and the Airbase mechanics).
I haven't played that much Conquest to say.

3. Matchmaker
Did you like the changes in MM mechanics (reducing the number of Attack Aircraft and Bombers per team, separate matchmaker settings for new players)?
I'm not a big fan of Rambo fight, but this may be a healthy change. I love the idea of newbie protection.
4. AI
Did you notice any changes in the AI behaviour? Did their aiming against poorly maneuvering targets increase? Did they become more active in capturing the nearest sectors?
All good.
5. Technical problems
Do you encounter Black Screens when starting a battle (not on queue screen but in battle) and/or after respawn?
I had like 2 black screens from 30ish games. Both in the queue, all goes fine when the game starts.
The game disconnects after a battle are still there. I experience a lot of in game lags (the rest of the players in the game confirms).
Why germaniya.pngclassfighter.pngviii_ROBuNKF.png Horten Ho 229, a German Tier VIII fighter is a LF? It was designed to be 3x1000 (1000 km/h; 1000 km range; 1000 kg of a bomb load) so it seems to be HF or MRF class. I would like to see the game as much as possible historically accurate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users