Jump to content


When did the A7M become so bad?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

paradigmshift #1 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4619 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017
I thought I would take the old A7M out for a spin the other day and was surprised  by the awful performance both of the guns and the ceiling. For a T7 plane to have a ceiling of 2800m and being able to get to only 2000m with any speed at all seems weird as the A7M was designed to be a higher altitude fighter than the A6M5 and lower versions of Zero. At lower levels it turned poorly and the canons might as well have been firing marsh mallows. I seem to remember this was an awesome killer (with low HP admittedly) but it is now canon fodder. Could not even take a KI-84! Am I alone in thinking this plane is the worst T7 fighter?

Piq_Mastika #2 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postparadigmshift, on 02 April 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

I thought I would take the old A7M out for a spin the other day and was surprised  by the awful performance both of the guns and the ceiling. For a T7 plane to have a ceiling of 2800m and being able to get to only 2000m with any speed at all seems weird as the A7M was designed to be a higher altitude fighter than the A6M5 and lower versions of Zero. At lower levels it turned poorly and the canons might as well have been firing marsh mallows. I seem to remember this was an awesome killer (with low HP admittedly) but it is now canon fodder. Could not even take a KI-84! Am I alone in thinking this plane is the worst T7 fighter?

 

Many people consider A7M to be the best LF at tier 7. It can fly to great altitudes, but very slowly (you have to fly at very small angle up), engine guru helps a lot.. Ki's have better speed and altitudes in this game, because they have worse guns, lower hp and are prone to critical damage. There can't be full historically accurateness, because of the game balance.



raketak_ #3 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 10113 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
well, maybe problem is not change of A7M. From start I love this plane, but when I improve, I recognize that speed is big problem and stop play.

Ensign_Steel #4 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 2091 battles
  • 181
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I had no issues with the A7M - good guns and good maneuverability. But I still love the Ki-84, it feels wilder and more chaotic somehow. 

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have [whopee] with it


paradigmshift #5 Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:09 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4619 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017
OK, So I tried again and what do you know the A7M performed as expected and had a great game. Maybe I had an off day before, I am trying to find the replay to see what was up the first time.

Ensign_Steel #6 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 2091 battles
  • 181
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postparadigmshift, on 03 April 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

OK, So I tried again and what do you know the A7M performed as expected and had a great game. Maybe I had an off day before, I am trying to find the replay to see what was up the first time.

 

Seems logical. Everyone has days when they just can't get into the flow of the game. Enjoy the Reppu!

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have [whopee] with it





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users