Tu-1 Operation Order

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Dismal #61 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

Senior Airman

• 6349 battles
In my opinion this is a fake fight. it is doubtful to brag about your skill by participating in fake battles.

RoyalFlyingCorps #62 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15419 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Postapartclassic, on 17 April 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Yes, newer players or less experienced players, or less skilled ones, will have difficulties achieving certain goals - and it's precisely as it is meant to be.

No.  When a very good player of my acquaintance struggles for 8 hours to get an Akamatsu, requires help that is not in the spirit of the game to get the Efimov and then struggles for several more hours to get a Kozhedub you cannot possibly assert that it is precisely as it is meant to be.  Instead, it is a nonsense that frustrates players or, if they purchase certificates to skip over missions, leaves them with the thought that the WoWP team is a cynical, money-grubbing entity.

Medal achievements have no sensible place in reward marathons.

apartclassic #63 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostDismal, on 18 April 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

In my opinion this is a fake fight. it is doubtful to brag about your skill by participating in fake battles.

Oh, a real sceptic :) Want me to send you the replay? :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

RoyalFlyingCorps #64 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15419 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Postapartclassic, on 18 April 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

To further prove the point, here's some auto-promotion

It is the pilot foremostly. Plane is secondary.

Again, no.  You have taken a plane capable of destroying ground targets and getting up to bomber flights to destroy them.  Try that in even the Russian tier 10 ground attacker.  The plane is anything but secondary with respect to a Gabreski.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 18 April 2019 - 08:16 AM.

Dismal #65 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 6349 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 18 April 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

Oh, a real sceptic :) Want me to send you the replay? :)

I have it . Just stop to post heroic messages plz.

Edited by Dismal, 18 April 2019 - 08:24 AM.

apartclassic #66 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:34 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 18 April 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

Again, no.  You have taken a plane capable of destroying ground targets and getting up to bomber flights to destroy them.  Try that in even the Russian tier 10 ground attacker.  The plane is anything but secondary with respect to a Gabreski.

The replay post wasn't meant for you, Royal, you weren't accusing me of a fake fight. You are absolutely right, the Russian is not capable of bomber kills, but it sure is capable of 10 air kills in a battle. Also, that medal was a reference to an earlier post stating that only Sea Hawk and Thunderstreak are capable of achieving Gabreski - I meant to show that no, other planes can do it too. We seem to have opposite opinions @medals, and I'm far from forcing you to change your mind. Was only presenting mine, though I understand yours and share the frustration.

View PostDismal, on 18 April 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

I have it . Just stop to post heroic messages plz.

Why would I do that? I post things that I consider exceptionally good. Have you seen my post with 61k pp in a battle? Show me better stuff to put me down, give me context to reconsider what's good, and I'll promptly stop embarassing myself. And others, if that is the case. When I see something done better than I'm capable of, I strive to equal that, if I feel I'm able to. And muchos gracias for the 'heroic' qualifier, I'll drink to that :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

houghtonbee #67 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:27 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4261 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Perhaps a half way meeting point would be to allow 'epic' medals to be completed at any point but keep the other steps as they are?

zen_monk_ #68 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8221 battles
  • [__] __

View Posthoughtonbee, on 18 April 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Perhaps a half way meeting point would be to allow 'epic' medals to be completed at any point but keep the other steps as they are?

This would be most welcomed... hence, it won't happen.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

RoyalFlyingCorps #69 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15419 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Postapartclassic, on 18 April 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

The replay post wasn't meant for you, Royal

My apologies, sir, I had missed the context.

Navradaran #70 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 10287 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

After 12+ hours with t7,8 & 9 (German GA's) I'm raising my hands in the air. You can keep your Tu-1, it's not worth it, for me at least.
At first it was a challenge and then it became a research project, but after a while it transformed into nuisance for all the reasons stated before.
It's true that with a wingman, who is dedicated to your mission, it  will be much easier to complete single missions. Much more easier if part of enemy team "helps" you in various ways or at least leaves you alone (does not happen to me nor it should), but that kind of defeats the purpose of whole challenge. I gave my 'pound of flesh' but since I got nowhere, I didn't, obviously.

I played only 5 matches with a wingman, since I was dedicated to try to solve this riddle myself. The closest I got with 2x plant sectors in a map was 320 capture points and then, surprice surprice, time ran out. That time match was only to 600 victory point in T9 -game. Without plants in a map 280 points during whole game was tops for me. It's for certain that I'm not GA -player either, nor I aim to be one. It was one facet of the game that I had neglected for a reason and wanted to try what it would be like. Worst thing was that It really made me care less about the matches and my team.

About 6-8 hours I played the matches until the end no matter the maps or sector count & what the result would be. Then I started to get picky about the maps and in the end I would just ditch the match after I had been downed, or when it would be clear that without divine intervention nothing would come of it. I was not the only one doing this and this kind of behavior will continue until time runs out, you can count on it. Does not make this game great either.

I really did not have fun during my time as GA -pilot. Not in any way. I really like challenges and this seemed like on until it didn't. And I fully understand that different 'epic' medals are a challenge for different kind of players. Personally I will see Akamatsu every day no matter which fighter I play. With McGuire I need to be a bit more picky about my Heavy plane selection and Lambert requires most concentrated effort on my part. That is the kind of pilot I am and statistics prove it. I'm certainly not the best there is but not the worst either. Every day you can learn something new.

Still one last thing does not feel quite right: In my 12+ hour stint I never got to see one Thunder -medal (400 cap points in a match no matter how many times you get dropped). Actually my average cap points was limited to measly ~200 before something happened or time simply ran out. Conqueror (450 cap points in a battle) -medal I will see every day flying all the fighter classes. In my opinion they should be somewhat in par as a challenge. If not, then GA & Bomber -players should feel discriminated since every role is required to make match eventful. Personally it's very easy to "win" in personal points with a GA (easiest to get 'in match' promotions), but for me, team's victory is the most important thing. This is easily ruined by watching bots ruin good effort for all. Older players can confirm this happening quite often.

So, If fighter- and bomber classes are not supposed to be of equal importance in a match, why would it be so much harder to attain 'in-match' recognition from this platform? The mechanic we all can see at work here has been implemented in video games since the 80's. Only when outside influence (£$€...) affects it, requirements to pass tend to lose all rationality and all-encompassing framework tends to lose it's value. Opposite effect has never happened and almost assuredly never will. Thus the balancing (that I mentioned in my earlier post) is proved to be of great importance for the future harvests.

Take care everybody!

Edited by Navradaran, 18 April 2019 - 03:27 PM.

dreambill #71 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:40 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4569 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

I vote for missions for medals to stay but count in any possible battle during the event and not in chain.

I got efimov, I got Kuzhedab, but NOT when was their mission time. When it came, I spend many (frustrating) hours to get them again.

Also Kuzhedab needs 5 base maps (800 points - longer games), manage caps to be equally divided between teams,  or better stay uncup for as long as possible, so need to play even against your winning team to prolong time for squall line.

So it definitely needs skill, but also much luck! and not always correct way to play.

siremorti #72 Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2209 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K

Im climbing in Soviet GAA for take a chance to win Efimov Medal...with Tier6 (so stock) im near 300 capture points but is really hard without help... in Tier7, wich is better way? IL-8 or IL-10? Some tips or configs?

Another doubt... 2 or 4 bombs? I see them like a "defense" shot when enemies flying behind me... may be im wrong with this "tactic"

Thx all

Edited by siremorti, 19 April 2019 - 05:55 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #73 Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15419 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Get yourself a wingman who keeps your tail clear and crashes on bases to flip them to the enemy for you.  I hear BravelyRunAway is available and keen to assist with your Efimov. :)

Jonagus #74 Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9720 battles

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 16 April 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

Guys, this Akamatsu, Efimov, Kozhedub are not even the worse in this missions. We have a mission "kill 5 aerial targets with your rear gunner in a single battle". It will be such fun...

I fully Igree, the other missions are really dificult this one is almost imposible ... Eventually I got the Tu-1 and below the first score I got with it ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jonagus, 19 April 2019 - 07:34 PM.

Jonagus

elias_the_great #75 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3038 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Postsiremorti, on 19 April 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Im climbing in Soviet GAA for take a chance to win Efimov Medal...with Tier6 (so stock) im near 300 capture points but is really hard without help... in Tier7, wich is better way? IL-8 or IL-10? Some tips or configs?

Another doubt... 2 or 4 bombs? I see them like a "defense" shot when enemies flying behind me... may be im wrong with this "tactic"

Thx all

IL-8 is pure ground pounder! It has two large caliber cannons and huge bomb load(you use the small bombs).IL-10 is more diverse,has 4x20s that deal with ground and airborne targets alike.Personaly i got the IL-10 but the IL-8 is better suited for the job you want. As for bombs you can just multiply the bombs you have with the bomb's damage and you see which are the best for the job(two big ones or 6 small ones)...Just math...!

siremorti #76 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2209 battles
  • [BRE4K] BRE4K
Well, missión 24th is coming...i dont have a big hangar , then... which is my best option in my hangar for take 5 kills?¿! LoL!!  I only have germans tier4-7, IL-2 (t) and... seems a need a miracle :S

Horcan #77 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5499 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
Since i was playing for vampire mission ( hope that i get compensation since i already did order some event ) , i decided to also do this russian thing since many missions were simultaneous with vampire. Took me 3 days filled with frustration, like the fact that i got 3 Kozedub on the way, but it took me 3 hours to get it when i needed. Did it completely free, because games should be about fun , not rage and frustration, and for this i really didnt wanted to give them a dime, and will continue not to until this attitude towards us change. And i also decided to take a break from this game after i finish vampire, and only play on events, since regular games are no longer any fun for me.
LE: played one game for ratings and i was rank 110. This preety much says it all how many people enjoy this events ( minus zen_monk and whoever else took the easy way :P )
Posted Image 

Edited by Horcan, 26 April 2019 - 04:38 AM.

Retired from this censored BS forum

zen_monk_ #78 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8221 battles
  • [__] __

View PostHorcan, on 26 April 2019 - 04:36 AM, said:

Took me 3 days filled with frustration... did it completely free, because games should be about fun , not rage and frustration.

Have a morning coffee before you post so early :teethhappy:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Horcan #79 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5499 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View Postzen_monk_, on 26 April 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

Have a morning coffee before you post so early :teethhappy:

Actually it wasnt early :) . Started around 1 a.m with the Kozedub mission ( think it was 20th or something ) , and that long it took me to finish the rest of them. So i guess it was so late :)
Retired from this censored BS forum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users