Wold of Flyingcrap

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Dis4ster #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2390 battles
Have a look on the IL-1 this piece of crap has an altitude performance of a T2 Plane or GA, but can't do much against groundtargets and has this stupid Spezi-Mission even though everything flies above its optimal height esp. in Tier7 battles where it can barely get up to the Airdef Fighters. Awesome game design there, i bet a dev couldn't tell, what the purpose of this plane is. There are even some Maps with Mountains high enough that it can't fly over them and unlike the GAs on its Tier it has not enough boost to get over them.:facepalm:

Edited by Dis4ster, 15 April 2019 - 08:50 PM.

Piq_Mastika #2 Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4691 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

This is one of the least popular planes in the game. Half of the premium planes are more or less in this condition.I guess it's only used for collections or if some IL-2 fan wants to play the same plane shape in dogfights. The reason is IL1 have nothing superior, it's just mediocre plane. If you see the info: Spoiler

It's clear - Low altitude. Armored means heavy physics  - so more hp and resistances to fire and critical damage, but slower, less maneuverable and lower altitude.

The fact it is a multirole and carries outboard bombs reduces further speed and maneuverability. In fact, it can do it's role with this performance. Just drop the bombs and attack the low-altitude targets (GA). If you struggle climbing, do not fly with a high climb angle, gain speed then climb with 10% - 20% and you will not stall.

Spuggy #3 Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2116 battles

Use it's guns phenomenal range advantage and tank the hell out of it.

It's a very very very tough fighter. Has by far the most hitpoints and resistances of all it's peers.

Use it's bombs to finish off ground targets and engage enemy GAA

Spec your pilot skills to accuracy 1 and 2 first and then tank.

Fly low.

Always try to get enemies to joust with you. You will win

I really enjoy this plane.

BlackLebbel #4 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 652 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
It is an odd but unique plane...you need to experience with it after some time you gonna get used to it...It is not a proper MRF and neither GA so depends on when to use MRF capabilities and GA respectively.

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 13770 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Use it as a GAA killer.  It’s rather like a heavy except it doesn’t fly high.  Go to the sectors where the enemy GAAs will be and stop them capping.

apartclassic #6 Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 15705 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Actually, rely on people seeing you as 'just another IL' and beat the crap out of them. My best score on it is almost 18k points, most planes in single battle at 16 - nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! If it's flying below 1000m, it's your frag. You have good guns and a ton of hp, also it is an IL so you can withstand a lot of punishment (and even heavies die when trying to ram you). Also it's surprisingly fast at low altitude, another thing nobody expects. The plane is a wild card, do the unexpected and hit hard. Oh, and did I mention bombs? I can't remember how many 'wtf' I got after catching people in bombtrap. I'm not saying it's a superb airplane, but it's a fun one to fly within its limitations.

Discontinued #7 Posted Yesterday, 09:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1168 battles
  • [JU4F] JU4F

Flying crap otherwise known as a dirty protest, is something common in the penal system, as well as disturbed individuals, this has little to do with WOWP,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_protest

With the exception of the poohfighter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users