SO THERE IS NO LONGER AN OPTION TO USE A SIMPLE GAMEPAD IN THIS GAME

gamepad xbox360 controls

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

sol1233 #1 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 5923 battles

For what Reason have your software engineers decided to completely remove the option to use a simple humble game pad  since the most patch 2.0.12.0 !??

I cannot play action games using a Keyboard in 2019!!!!! The last time I used a keyboard to play action games was during the days of the BBC Micro and Spectrum 32K !!!!!!

YES, I do have a good joystick for FLIGHT SIM GAMES - A THRUSTMASTER  T-HOTAS.  BUT ANY MORTAL BEING KNOWS THAT THIS KIND OF GAME CANNOT BE PLAYED 

EFFICIENTLY USING A JOYSTICK LIKE THAT (WHICH IS PURPOSE BUILT FOR FLIGHT SIMULATORS, NOT ARCADE ACTION AEROPLANE GAMES LIKE WORLD OF WARPLANES!!!!

IVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING SO RIDICULOUS FOR YEARS,  I DO NOT KNOW ONE GAME , IN MY ENTIRE STEAM , ORIGIN AND UBI SOFT GAME LIBRARY  ALL PUT TOGETHER THAT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SUPPORT FOR THE USE OF A GAMEPAD.. AND THAT ALSO INCLUDES MANY SOFTWARE TITLES (INDIE INCLUDED) , THAT DATE BACK FROM MORE THAN 12 YEARS AGO AT LEAST!!!! 

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME . IF YOUR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS , WHERE THEY FEEL IT IS NECCESSARY TO REMOVE THE GAMEPAD CONTROL SYSTEM, THEN i CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT REAL PROBLEMS MUST BY LYING AHEAD AS TO THE FUTURE OF THIS GAME !!!!!

I WILL REPORT THIS TO EVERY POPULAR FIGURE HEAD I KNOW IN THE GAMING COMMUNITY - YOUTUBE, STEAM, GAMESPOT, IGN. NO WONDER THERE ARE LESS THAN 2-4 HUMAN PLAYERS IN MOST TIER 8-10 GAMES NOWADAYS. 

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8999 battles
  • [__] __
You won't play on keyboard, don't want to use joystick... do you have anything against mouse?

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

RoyalFlyingCorps #3 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17065 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Leaving aside the unnecessary use of capital letters, the OP has a point.  Games should support the gamepad, no matter that it's not a popular choice amongst players.  The removal of support for it is astonishing and, this being the WoWP team exhibiting its usual refusal to communicate with players concerning major changes, the fact that it is has been removed without warning is not surprising, though it is - again - disappointing.

Suggesting to people used to a particular controller that they should use another is likely to be met with a snort of derision, and rightfully so.

sol1233 #4 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Airman Basic

• 5923 battles

I have a T Flight Hotas Joystick, but this is best used for dedicated Flight Simulator Games, not games like WOWP, Flying Tigers Over China, Tom Clancy Hawks Etc. I do use the mouse in conjunction with the gamepad for camera use etc. I personally prefer to play ALL games using a gamepad (preferably the new XBOX One/360) controller which works perfectly with ALL my games, New, Old, Older and Old OLD Older. 

I also like the Force Feedback i get from using gamepad which intensifies at different rates during gameplay. Such as when accelerating, shooting, taking damage etc etc. It all adds to the enjoyment of the game. 

I would never have gotten into playing WOWP from the start if there had not been a Gamepad Setup. 

Its unheard of to remove such a feature after years of continual development into the game. What on earth there is to be gained in terms of removing this feature I have yet to find out. On the next patch, you might find out that the Joystick config has been removed. Ive yet to meet someone that plays this game using any Joystick Setup. However, i still see no logic in removing any of the existing control setups if they were already implemented into the game and working perfectly. 

blindfoId #5 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

I'm afraid it's a permanent change, and the option will not be returned. I wholeheartedly believe that it is unpleasant and frustrating change and I apologize once again for the missing line in the patchnotes. Having an additional control optoin, unfortunately, is not a question of simply putting it back but the whole system of full support. 

I've contacted the developers team for some help in this question. If it is possible, they will provide an instruction which will require changing some game files. 

Also tagged with gamepad, xbox360, controls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users