• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

apartclassic #201 Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 17558 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Postzen_monk_, on 17 May 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

It would be a crying shame to lose this Hero. Here's a very touching, honest insight of His reflections on the meaning of this all, and His role in it:

there are weird time periods or certain days, there can not be your best give it nothing, you constantly lose, after all, I am not the supermen, who has to win every match alone, no, there are certain days in wowp because you better know the game switch off

Here it is, folks. That's how the heroes feel sometimes and this one has the courage and menhööd to admit.

In this deceptively simple text in German we have many lessons to learn.

There are such days, aren't there... Some days, which are better than others, and then - those days... I am speechless, and need to regain my composure. So much sadness, so much fatalism, yet delivered with dignity and brilliant insight. I am tempted to say we are now detecting influence of stoicism, and that would broaden our sphere of cultural connections even farther (further?). Not only Germanic, not only Middle Eastern, but here we come back to the Mediterranean roots, to Greece. We might have just uncovered the underlying current of 'tragedy' in the formal sense. Our King, our storyteller, is not averse to the classical tradition. He certainly is fluent even in this field, hence the skillfully employed tropes and formal framing of his tales. He knows the tragedy, and is able to transmute it into a personal story, stylizing the hero in a very proper tragical way. The journeys of our bard have not only taken him places, they have taught him ways - and He shares them with us. In disguise of a simple tale of a Grand Airfield Brawl we are getting aquainted with traditions and philosophy, and dietary advice, spanning all the known world. There has never been a tale so skillfully woven, so subtly delivered, so deceptively straightforward, yet so fabulously rich. We are just ships brainless, we would be lost at sea - if not for this masterpiece, if not for this master storyteller.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #202 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6194 battles
  • [__] __

Yes, this was his most intimate and insightful message so far. And given in German - oh how appropriate, how Götterdämmerung.

Imagine our Hero, fighting the horrendous menagerie ägains äll ödds and gotts wg who hate Him. Still he endures, loses 10/10, determined to out-turn 93 with 78,  ı start to atacke , in that momment is the base in a caotic station , all over turning and shotting  we all in dogfight,  a station where  so fast playing extrem close eachother day in and day out, braving all the perils like a men...

...and then, in the ungodly hour of the night, he better know the game switch off , takes a grail of mead, sits by the fireplace and in (heavily accented) German delivers: There are weird time periods or certain days, there can not be your best give it nothing, you constantly lose, after all, I am not the supermen, who has to win every match alone.

Still gives me the goosebumps.

Edited by zen_monk_, 20 May 2019 - 06:30 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

apartclassic #203 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 17558 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Postzen_monk_, on 17 May 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

Yes, this was his most intimate and insightful message so far. And given in German - oh how appropriate, how Götterdämmerung.

Imagine our Hero, fighting the horrendous menagerie ägains äll ödds and gotts wg who hate Him. Still he endures, loses 10/10, determined to out-turn 93 with 78,  ı start to atacke , in that momment is the base in a caotic station , all over turning and shotting  we all in dogfight,  a station where  so fast playing extrem close eachother day in and day out, braving all the perils like a men...

...and then, in the ungodly hour of the night, he better know the game switch off , takes a grail of mead, sits by the fireplace and in (heavily accented) German delivers: There are weird time periods or certain days, there can not be your best give it nothing, you constantly lose, after all, I am not the supermen, who has to win every match alone.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Piq_Mastika #204 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5165 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 17 May 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

He is not the hero we deserve. He is the Hero we need.

Also tagged with dogfight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users