Hmmm… :unsure:

Wouldn't that be a Basilisk ?! :ohmy:

apartclassic #22 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Postzen_monk_, on 03 May 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Post like a men not like a feared chikken, ya hear?!

I can not, I'm a unicorn...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

zen_monk_ #23 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8220 battles
  • [__] __

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 03 May 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

A feared chicken… :amazed:

http://forum.worldof...ikken-true-one/

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

zen_monk_ #24 Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8220 battles
  • [__] __

View Postairfight10, on 03 May 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

.... a sneaky snake sniper jak1 is nearly unvisiebel ....

What a great name for a personalized Yak, a Sneaky Snake Sniper. (also unvisiebel)

RoyalFlyingCorps #25 Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15414 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
The wee bairn is nae a feart chuckin.

arcticstorm123 #26 Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5224 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 04 May 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

What a great name for a personalized Yak, a Sneaky Snake Sniper. (also unvisiebel)

To me sounds like a mission name they would use in "Girls Und Panzer"

Edited by arcticstorm123, 04 May 2019 - 06:07 AM.

arcticstorm123 #27 Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5224 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 03 May 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

A feared chicken… :amazed:

Can see most people haven't much experience with chickens outside of KFC, they can be nasty little buggers if they want, it's that dinosaur heritage, there's a t-rex or a raptor inside trying to escape :ohmy:

Edited by arcticstorm123, 04 May 2019 - 06:10 AM.

Ykazumi #28 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7588 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

yea. 109s can be easy preys at lower altitudes. Yak-1 is a superb dogfighter among many. My Yak-1 had opprtunities to kill Spits and Emily in old days of 1.9. As other experts are telling you, yak-1 could be destroyed if your 109 regains altitude & speed when thwarting yak-1 attack from behind.That Yak´-1 you´ve met with can even be a super bot. I also experiened the same horror while flying attacker 87G. Can´t escape from the Yak-1 assault. uha.

cheers

Looking from tactical aspect of view,the yak-1 player did extremely well to concentrate on destroying your 109, for 109 often becomes a game changer. Your opponent in yak-1 had a good nose and instinct to neutralize the menace first.bravo.

Edited by Ykazumi, 04 May 2019 - 08:30 AM.

apartclassic #29 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Sneaky snake chikkin Pliskin (aka Plissken) is only trying to escape NY. And/or LA. Don't put all the blame on him. Had he had a Yak, he would have had (hehehe) done that with ease. Especially if they pitted him against a swarm of Bf's. And I just had a revelation - what if, just what if, it's a scary hairy Tibet yak, disguised as a chikkin to outfox a sneaky snakey, and in order to get PG8 they were camouflaged as planes? Wouldn't that explain it all?

zen_monk_ #30 Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8220 battles
  • [__] __

Now we're moving into Aesop's territory: you have a tragic hero who, despite being gifted with power "to fight like a (many) men", ends up in chaotic turning battle with many sneaky snake snipers, all unvisiebel at the same time. He shows extreme determination and courage being faced with those feared chikkens because he know every tactic in game agains every different kind model airplanes,more better then you,ım not kid and manages to escape unharmed to the forum to tell us about it.

There's a moral in there. It eludes me right now, but it's early and I'm just sipping my wake-up coffee.

Horcan #31 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5499 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

self deleted

Edited by Horcan, 28 October 2019 - 05:40 PM.

Retired from this censored BS forum

Emtod #32 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4335 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

No comment about this guy - its useless to discuss with him. He is suffering from the so called "Dunning-Kruger-effect"

All of his posts (http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/52548-my-frustation-about-game-defeat/page__p__586859#entry586859 ) go in the same direction.

He is a pre 2.0 hero, plays like a man and not like a chicken, and only WG and misfortune are responsible for his performance.

apartclassic #33 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Postzen_monk_, on 04 May 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

Now we're moving into Aesop's territory: you have a tragic hero who, despite being gifted with power "to fight like a (many) men", ends up in chaotic turning battle with many sneaky snake snipers, all unvisiebel at the same time. He shows extreme determination and courage being faced with those feared chikkens because he know every tactic in game agains every different kind model airplanes,more better then you,ım not kid and manages to escape unharmed to the forum to tell us about it.

There's a moral in there. It eludes me right now, but it's early and I'm just sipping my wake-up coffee.

Now, in order for this to be truly epic, we need one more element. The hero is here, he's like 'a many men' (aka Everyman), he undertakes a journey for enlightement (aka capping an airfield) and gets into a climactic brawl. The snaky antichikkin is here as well, poised to strike and terminate the hero's existence, if the wrong moral choice is taken. All that is missing is the outcome, the change happening to the hero. What choice did or will he make? How is he changed by his choice? What lesson was learned? Are we talking survival and enlightement, or are we talking oblivion and obscurity? I'm dying to know the answers.

Also, I'd rather have it Aesopian than Freudian. Scary hairy sneaky yak, and a snake, and a chikkin - oh boy....

zen_monk_ #34 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8220 battles
  • [__] __

I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the OP to recover from the traumatic epic battle, wake up and tell us. He can't see if he's changed, it's up to readers to make that conclusion. But he can help us with choices & changes he'll now undertake. Will he again rush in his fully upgraded Bf109 into the lair of sneaky unvisiebl Jaks? That's the true dilemma. If he avoid it, he will survive - but is he betraying Everyman? In a way, he's fighting an ultimate battle for us all - manhood pitted against feared chikkens. To survive or stay true to your essence? That's the stuff legends are made of.

And I do agree, Aesop is better than Freud.

BravelyRanAway #35 Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4084 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
This thread is so great.......it's finger lickin' good!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

WarHawk_2014 #36 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4850 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Man, anyone else thinks Apartclassic and Zen_monk 's story would make a great Dungeons&Dragons roleplaying cenario? Epic, guys, epic :P . As for the OP, Emtod hits the nail in the head, terminal case of Dunning Kruger.  

apartclassic #37 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:16 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
If it be Aesopian and epic, the hero must fight. The antihero must be slain. Princess Unvisiebl, the evul seductress, must be chastised - pun intended - and her Yak deserves a good roast. I suspect the moral dimension lies within the choice of the method - will it be a foredoomed and fatal low altitude turnfight, or will the hero draw from his knowledge of every tactic in game agains every different kind model airplanes and try a novel approach. Let us not forget the magick is there too, with random damage or non-registered hits; the hero is battling not only himself and his own fallacies, but it's a battle with elements and things he can not control and influence. Was it a Jacksonesuqe battle, there would be thunder and storm, and there would be giant spiderz (!), and possibly, just possibly, a dragon! I would also like to learn a little more about the secondary characters, we know there are other people involved there. Is anyone helping our hero? Is the cabal of chikkens united, or is there an internal power struggle there, influencing the final outcome? Deeper characterization of them will add to our knowledge of the protagonist and the ordeal he is/was facing. Truly I say to thee, a menagerie of fantastic creatures enriched the story immensely. Chikken, yak, a zen monk, a unicorn and possibly, just possibly, a dragon - all immersed in an arctic storm while battling an unvisiebl sniper for survival! Lights, camera, action!

zen_monk_ #38 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8220 battles
  • [__] __

...and I'm out of quota of positive votes for the day an hour ago...

There has to be a moral in there too.

GonerNL #39 Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9711 battles
Just had a look at his profile ... I could be wrong, but he's not really hero-material IMHO.

apartclassic #40 Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostGonerNL, on 04 May 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Just had a look at his profile ... I could be wrong, but he's not really hero-material IMHO.

Are you saying we, the humanity, represented by him are about to lose to the chikkens?...

Also tagged with dogfight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users