13 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8272 battles

Every time I'm in a flight, me and/or my teammate experience these problems :

- no kills are shown on the right of the screen

- no score (stays 0:0 til the end)

- killed enemy planes keep circling round, smoking and with 0 health (very confusing as they also show on the mini-map so you think they are still alive). same goes for defense planes that are self-destructed after capture.

- chat doesn't work

KlausHetti #2 Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10170 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Cannot confirm any of these bugs.
Do not know about function of the chat - do not use it.

__
Zur Info: 
2012 --> WOT Start. Das spiele ich seit vielen Jahren nicht mehr.
Herbst 2017 --> WOWP Start seit kurz nach dem 2.0 Release, bei 1.x hat mich WOWP nicht interessiert.

madScientist404 #3 Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:59 AM

Airman Basic

• 4232 battles

I confirm it. Indeed, this happens alot when i'm in a flight. Dead planes do not disappear from the radar ("I see dead planes" :) ). No score is shown. Chat does not work.

I've seen this also a few times when i was not in a flight, but not as often. 

prawiejakzywiec666 #4 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:49 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6309 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
This issue happens to me and my teammates from time to time.

0berhessen #5 Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3291 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

it is only if you use the "yellow" squad chat - at least from my experience - don´t use it and you dont have any problems.

simply use the blue chat if you want to write with your squad

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

GonerNL #6 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8272 battles
Squad = flight ?

RoyalFlyingCorps #7 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14528 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Yes.  For some reason German speakers transliterate the term in their language to “squad” in English, when we use flight.

CaptBoombeard #8 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6290 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 20 May 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

it is only if you use the "yellow" squad chat - at least from my experience - don´t use it and you dont have any problems.

simply use the blue chat if you want to write with your squad

Oh didn't know that. Knew it was chat problem so I don't use it when in flight. Will try it next time with blue only.

0berhessen #9 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3291 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 20 May 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes.  For some reason German speakers transliterate the term in their language to “squad” in English, when we use flight.
Geschwader
squadron, wing, fleet, flight <-- thats from google translator

The reason for Germans using  squad, it "feels" more right, as flight could be translated as "Flug" - which actually by the means of german language - can be done alone.

"Geschwader" by Military definitions is actually a larger number of aircrafts, but definately more than two.

In german we use the Term "Rotte" for flight of 2, which can be translated as "gang/troop/pack"

Sorry for the offtopic language explanation

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

RoyalFlyingCorps #10 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14528 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Not at all!

In fact, in English “flight” means any number of aircraft.  Strictly, the two-plane flight would be called a “pair” (rotte), but most often two of these would be combined into the “finger four” formation (schwarm).  During the Battle Of Britain the inexperienced RAF pilots still flew in the old three-plane “Vic” formation (kette) if not simple echelons (or even in line astern, something I’ve just learned the Luftwaffe derisively called “Idiotenreihen”).

bug #11 Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7468 battles

I also (scandinavian) read flight as an object sailing trough space, like a birds flight from tree to tree. Or a bombers flight to its target.

d

blindfoId #12 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 17 May 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Every time I'm in a flight, me and/or my teammate experience these problems :

- no kills are shown on the right of the screen

- no score (stays 0:0 til the end)

- killed enemy planes keep circling round, smoking and with 0 health (very confusing as they also show on the mini-map so you think they are still alive). same goes for defense planes that are self-destructed after capture.

- chat doesn't work

All described problems are a result of a single issue when HUD stops updating and doesn't display new information at a given point of time.

To my great regret I can confirm that the issue appears from time to time when you use flight chat when in battle. The team is investigating this problem but has not found a decision yet. The only thing I can recommend you while the issue persists is to avoid using flight chat. 

0berhessen #13 Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:40 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3291 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 27 May 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

All described problems are a result of a single issue when HUD stops updating and doesn't display new information at a given point of time.

To my great regret I can confirm that the issue appears from time to time when you use flight chat when in battle. The team is investigating this problem but has not found a decision yet. The only thing I can recommend you while the issue persists is to avoid using flight chat. 

not just that - you have "ghost planes" as well, once you use the flight chat and you shoot down enemy planes/ defence planes.

that means the planes just dont explode and disappear, but appear still as valid targets but with zero hp until they "respawn". a bit annoying as you don´t know where the nearest real enemy is between all those "ghosts"

thats not a new problem for sure, it appeared as far as i remember relatively at the same time you came up with 2.0

Edited by 0berhessen, 29 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

blindfoId #14 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 29 May 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

not just that - you have "ghost planes" as well, once you use the flight chat and you shoot down enemy planes/ defence planes.

that means the planes just dont explode and disappear, but appear still as valid targets but with zero hp until they "respawn". a bit annoying as you don´t know where the nearest real enemy is between all those "ghosts"

thats not a new problem for sure, it appeared as far as i remember relatively at the same time you came up with 2.0

I know exactly what you are talking about, I've faced this issue as well. I can say for sure it's exactly the same issue. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users