Where are the useful player plane stats?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

paca_madaidhean #21 Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6506 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ
to be honest  I hate the win rate stat  coz the game will try to get a win rate of 50 %  so it feels like a fair game ( hahahhahahah)

apartclassic #22 Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20473 battles
  • [UNIC] UNIC

View Postpaca_madaidhean, on 14 July 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

to be honest  I hate the win rate stat  coz the game will try to get a win rate of 50 %  so it feels like a fair game ( hahahhahahah)

Not really. 50% would be statistically correct for bots, but humans make the statistics go out the window. Anyone decently skilled gets higher WR, anyone flying with less degree of skill (be it actual control of the plane or knowledge of maps, tactics etc) will get lower percentage. The game is certainly not rigged to keep all around 50%. There are statpadders with WR higher than 80%, there are people forever staying below 40% for various reasons. Fun fact is that the higher number of battles, the harder it is to keep WR rising or at least not falling - partly because of smaller incremental changes in percentages, partly because game's maths sometimes just reduces percentage of lost battles when you win (so Win stays the same, but Lost goes a little lower). I kept notes and with my number of battles (and WR over 70% while flying all types of planes over t4) it takes roughly a month to increase WR by measly 0.2%. True fact. It still goes up, but oh so slow...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ziptop #23 Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5344 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

Odd. This is sort of what I was looking for and posted about elsewhere just this week. 

Even if you can change aircraft mid game (which I have only just learned about and not yet done) this would not change the kill rate of that aircraft. Being able to see the kill ratio rather than maximum kills per sortie or win ratio at least gives an idea of how effective that aircraft is/you are at flying it etc. 

I've got planes that my impression while flying them is they aren't that good, but then if I laboriously check through their drop down stats it turns out that they are actually statistically some of my best aircraft in terms of average kills per sortie.That sort of information makes you approach the aircraft differently the next time you fly it also which adds something to the game. 

The data exists and is calculated, you can see it in the drop down info tab in your profile, it just isn't presented as a value that you can easily compare other aircraft in your inventory by. Surely this would be easy enough to change on the website at least hmmm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users