Jump to content


Just say NO!

Bombers are bad for you!

  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #1 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:02 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    07-31-2019

Edited

 

So my friends it time to take a stand and just say no to bombers...

 

At the time of writing this I'm currently in bomber rehab. Never has a class induced so much rage, It has turned me into a toxic s.o.b who shouts at this team. This is the same reason that I gave up on arty in WOT.

 

It’s kind of like being a premier league goal keeper with a bunch of over 50's playing walking football. Being in  bomber increases my tactical awareness and therefore frustration with the idiots on my team such as the heavy fighter who decides its "cool" to fly at 100 meters and pretend to be a GAA or the Bot like player who decides he’s going to defend a useless base or won’t help you cap a factory, because "he knows best".

 

 

 

Never again will I play bombers as I value my sanity and keyboard it is the most frustrating class. I got to tier 8 on the Gerry line and...........

 

 

 

Put it this way in 40 years of gaming I’ve never found anything to be so frustrating

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remember kids just say NO

 

 



AnCh #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 5346 battles
  • 141
  • [ROPD] ROPD
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012
That is why I play bomber lines more casual and I am mostly playing them, lately, just when there are missions that require ground targets damaging.

anonym_32bOyLluvSuR #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    07-31-2019

I've only been clean for a day now,

 

Going to BA (bombers anonymous) later tonight to come out,

 

The first step is admitting I have a problem, "My name is Disco an I've been a Bomberholic going all the way back to 2019"

 

 

:trollface:



Piq_Mastika #4 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View PostDiscontinued, on 13 June 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Edited

 

So my friends it time to take a stand and just say no to bombers...

 

At the time of writing this I'm currently in bomber rehab. Never has a class induced so much rage, It has turned me into a toxic s.o.b who shouts at this team. This is the same reason that I gave up on arty in WOT.

 

It’s kind of like being a premier league goal keeper with a bunch of over 50's playing walking football. Being in  bomber increases my tactical awareness and therefore frustration with the idiots on my team such as the heavy fighter who decides its "cool" to fly at 100 meters and pretend to be a GAA or the Bot like player who decides he’s going to defend a useless base or won’t help you cap a factory, because "he knows best".

 

 

 

Never again will I play bombers as I value my sanity and keyboard it is the most frustrating class. I got to tier 8 on the Gerry line and...........

 

 

 

Put it this way in 40 years of gaming I’ve never found anything to be so frustrating

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remember kids just say NO

 

The bombers are the necessary thing we needed in wowp. With them the pressure on GAA's is reducing and the game dimensions are as they should be: 3D.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 June 2019 - 02:19 PM.


Ykazumi #5 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6074 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

hi, with so many or more bombers or bomber squadrons the wowp is turned into  the battle of england styled game play. I fear this is a big deviation from the original ,unique air combat mode as Wowp since. That´s why I loved this since. Am of the opinion that LH,HF, GAAs and MultiF will suffice. Personally I think it is crazy to have to increase amounts and kinds of planes in the hangar(s). My own doctrine is the lesser the planes, the better one can concentrate on increasing skills on one´s favorite planes. So,my personal .humble insight into tech & material considerations and amounts of planes goes contra wowp´s policy creating more and more new planes.

Sorry to say this, but this is my own "reality check "on the issue.

cheers,

 


Edited by Ykazumi, 13 June 2019 - 10:03 AM.


zen_monk_ #6 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:19 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 7449 battles
  • 2,389
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
...seeing the thread title for a moment I thought it's some sort of #metoo :teethhappy:  "Where did the bad bot touched you? Show it on a doll."

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


svadilfari #7 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4916 battles
  • 412
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
bombers are fun bc its a change of pace. like cvs were pre clusterf. rework

Piq_Mastika #8 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View PostYkazumi, on 13 June 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

hi, with so many or more bombers or bomber squadrons the wowp is turned into  the battle of england styled game play. I fear this is a big deviation from the original ,unique air combat mode as Wowp since. That´s why I loved this since. Am of the opinion that LH,HF, GAAs and MultiF will suffice. Personally I think it is crazy to have to increase amounts and kinds of planes in the hangar(s). My own doctrine is the lesser the planes, the better one can concentrate on increasing skills on one´s favorite planes. So,my personal .humble insight into tech & material considerations and amounts of planes goes contra wowp´s policy creating more and more new planes.

Sorry to say this, but this is my own "reality check "on the issue.

cheers,

 

 

The possibility of having more different planes gives the player a chance to pick his favorite playstyle more precisely. I agree with you the more planes someone has, the worse he performs, because we need time (games played) to "master" the plane. Afterall, most of us have many planes, but we play the most our favorites 5-6, right?

Many people point the game is changing and it's not the same game as it was in the beginning, but this is mandatory. Everything changes over the years for good or bad and we need to adapt.

 



arcticstorm123 #9 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5198 battles
  • 182
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-13-2015
You need a change of pace sometimes and bombers provide that, especially when you have been going round in circles chasing someone's tail all day in one of the events, it's not obligatory to play them.

zen_monk_ #10 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:15 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 7449 battles
  • 2,389
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So many bombers and up to tier 10 have changed the game. That is a fact.

 

The change doesn't fit well if you're old hand, master of lf/mf, and now you can't win as easily as before, nor your class is as important as before. That is a fact too.

 

But it's also the fact that these changes indeed brought 3D dimension to the game. Made situational awareness much more important, force you to make more complicated tactical decisions like "should I go high and stop the bombers, low to counter gaa, go with my gaa/bombers to protect, dogfight to kill all their fighters, keep this or that base at all costs, use my gaa to slip under HF's who are engaged up there" etc etc.... These changes made all classes equally important, everybody now has something to do.

 

Bombers did good for the game. Ruined the dominance of established winged-up turners, make you think harder and figure out new approaches. Changed the game yes, but in my book for the better.

 

 


Edited by zen_monk_, 13 June 2019 - 11:16 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


Ykazumi #11 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:40 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6074 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 13 June 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

 

The possibility of having more different planes gives the player a chance to pick his favorite playstyle more precisely. I agree with you the more planes someone has, the worse he performs, because we need time (games played) to "master" the plane. Afterall, most of us have many planes, but we play the most our favorites 5-6, right?

Many people point the game is changing and it's not the same game as it was in the beginning, but this is mandatory. Everything changes over the years for good or bad and we need to adapt.

 

thx , friend. So to speak game change is occuring. Then about how to cope with resting,conventional planes willl be to put them in the hangars and many players resort to buying bombers in stead. Not a bad idea itself.

Was dreaming of two different modes. i.e. planes without bombers and one with bombers and high alt. fighter intercepters.

The latter one has been experienced in my homecountry where K61 Hien,Gekko, Toryu and others tried to do their best,the form of defense/bombing  interaction itself sounds exciting. Adopting it into the game is not a bad idea but,,,BUT,,

My mom used to clap in her hands when she saw some B-29s were shot down uhmm.

cheers,

 

ps;:However, one can´t  be sure if the WG began to adopt strategic bombers for the sake of game chaninging. If so, many more will quit flying non-bombers. This will not be part of intentions of WG co, either.

If WG will show certain portions of respect to conventional types of planes we have had since 2012,advent of more bombers will have to be more or less accepted. So, somehthing new is , Wowp is changing it´s character. Am not prepared for it myself, though. lol

 

 


Edited by Ykazumi, 13 June 2019 - 11:56 AM.


Piq_Mastika #12 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 June 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

The change doesn't fit well if you're old hand, master of lf/mf, and now you can't win as easily as before, nor your class is as important as before. That is a fact too.

 

 

 

It's not even all LF/MRF who are bad impacted. The bad impacted are Yaks-LF and Jap high levels. Everyone else can climb high enough to kill a bomber, slower than Mig, but it's possible.

arcticstorm123 #13 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5198 battles
  • 182
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-13-2015

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 June 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

So many bombers and up to tier 10 have changed the game. That is a fact.

 

The change doesn't fit well if you're old hand, master of lf/mf, and now you can't win as easily as before, nor your class is as important as before. That is a fact too.

 

But it's also the fact that these changes indeed brought 3D dimension to the game. Made situational awareness much more important, force you to make more complicated tactical decisions like "should I go high and stop the bombers, low to counter gaa, go with my gaa/bombers to protect, dogfight to kill all their fighters, keep this or that base at all costs, use my gaa to slip under HF's who are engaged up there" etc etc.... These changes made all classes equally important, everybody now has something to do.

 

Bombers did good for the game. Ruined the dominance of established winged-up turners, make you think harder and figure out new approaches. Changed the game yes, but in my book for the better.

 

 

 

Yeah I think they made the game more varied, I think the people who dislike them are high win rate types who can no longer easily affect the games outcome single handedly or as a flight.

 

I think they need a competitive game mode (like WOWS ranked) to keep this section of the community happy, and restrict it to LF/MRF/HF's..... oh and make it "Sudden death" no re-spawn to please the 1.9 types, I personally would have no intention of playing this as I play for fun, but I think there's a reasonable group who would, and it would silence a lot of the complaints on this forum from people who see win rate as important.


Edited by arcticstorm123, 13 June 2019 - 12:22 PM.


Piq_Mastika #14 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postarcticstorm123, on 13 June 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

Yeah I think they made the game more varied, I think the people who dislike them are high win rate types who can no longer easily affect the games outcome single handedly or as a flight.

 

I think they need a competitive game mode (like WOWS ranked) to keep this section of the community happy, and restrict it to LF/MRF/HF's..... oh and make it "Sudden death" no re-spawn to please the 1.9 types, I personally would have no intention of playing this as I play for fun, but I think there's a reasonable group who would, and it would silence a lot of the complaints on this forum from people who see win rate as important.

 

If WG launch a ranked games, they will include all planes, for sure (to prevent the discrimination). The idea for Deathmatch/Sudden death/All fighters is a good one, but second play mode needs big player base. Now we can't even see more than half of the players to be humans.

GonerNL #15 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 9214 battles
  • 1,855
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

I hadn't noticed there are "so many bombers" ... haven't seen more than max. 2 per game ? 

They can be a pest at low tiers because there are not many planes that can get as high as they can. 

But yes, we have to adapt a bit. Lots of battles you can fly your heavy at high alt with enough action, before the bombers you had to come down as action evaporated.

 



arcticstorm123 #16 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5198 battles
  • 182
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-13-2015

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 13 June 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

If WG launch a ranked games, they will include all planes, for sure (to prevent the discrimination). The idea for Deathmatch/Sudden death/All fighters is a good one, but second play mode needs big player base. Now we can't even see more than half of the players to be humans.

 

Maybe like in ranked in WOWS hold "seasons" so it's temporary but offer nice prizes and have that for the games leaderboard, if like in WOWS they restrict it to a certain level say tier 6 or 8 it would also stop the jokers playing I-5's continuously being top.

Piq_Mastika #17 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:56 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View PostGonerNL, on 13 June 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

I hadn't noticed there are "so many bombers" ... haven't seen more than max. 2 per game ?

 

 

Exactly! :teethhappy:

 

View Postarcticstorm123, on 13 June 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

Maybe like in ranked in WOWS hold "seasons" so it's temporary but offer nice prizes and have that for the games leaderboard, if like in WOWS they restrict it to a certain level say tier 6 or 8 it would also stop the jokers playing I-5's continuously being top.

 

This idea is good, but again we will need more people. These ranked games have to be matched only at one tier, not like now +1 or -1. This way the humans in one battle will drop with about 50%. Another issue is the bot presence. It wouldn't be fair to get high rank for killing bots, right? After these 2 restrictions we will wait 15 minutes for having 2v2 or 3v3 game. And the real complains about the MM starts here...

Horcan #18 Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles
  • 1,070
  • [ODV] ODV
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

For me, like i said already many times, introduction of bombers was the first step in killing this game. The release of 2.0 brought all classes closer to each other, even those BnZ enthusiasts were forced to come down more often since staying in stratosphere was mostly a waste of time. But they added bombers, just to drag some planes back there , where the other 3 classes cant even reach or very hard , only at higher tiers, and with the presence of bots, this game turned into a joke where some players are in the position where they have to take dowen such bombers, but the only ones that can reach it is some retarded bot who spin in circles above some garrison doing nothing. And playing as a bomber, this is how i see it.

You dont even play against other players, you play mostly against ground targets,  trying not to get hit by infernal AA, who very unrealistically hit you with 100% acccuracy if you fly in a stright line, not like everyone see bombers in movies, with explosions around. But not in this garbage game, here all those shots go precisely into your plane. Yes, bombers would fit in some single player game, cooperative game or some mode designed precisely that other are forced to act as your escort, but even then it would be the most boring gameplay to play as bomber.

I do play them, but because i can easely complete missions with them, not because i find any fun in doing it. Actually , like i already said, this game for me went too far on the wrong way to be anything else than an easy way to farm goodies for tanks, and use that money that i otherwise have used on WoT on something else ( maybe buying a premium tank or on other game ).
So yes, i said no to bombers a long time ago , when first was introduced.



Ykazumi #19 Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6074 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

View PostGonerNL, on 13 June 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

I hadn't noticed there are "so many bombers" ... haven't seen more than max. 2 per game ? 

They can be a pest at low tiers because there are not many planes that can get as high as they can. 

3were the max I´ve seen so far; 2 human´s with 1 bot.  As long as WG is restricting numbers of bombers pr battle, they can´t be dominating factors always. Some good human GAA players with a/c efficiency of 20% (not me) are in a position to destroy as many gts as a good human bomber player does.

When red team has got one top-notch human bomber, and when your team is filled with 3-4 novice players with 1-5 battle hours or so, the outcome of the battle is so quick and decisive in favour of the former.

 

 

PS:when il-10 and il-8 were first introduced into the game , there were as many as  5 x il-8s per one team.Also in the former event of  Allied/Axis battles. You can not get enough scores, coz numbers of them are unnecessarily too many.  The same phenomenon can be happening with regard to use of bombers at this pace WG is advancing with, and if players are seduced to get and use ém.

 

Too mamy bombers and/or attackers will reduce and ruin your stats.In a different way Horcan worries about the game being ruined(killed) by the use of bombers when the main core of team´s strengh is fighters.They are closely corelated with each factor.

 

 

 


Edited by Ykazumi, 13 June 2019 - 04:24 PM.


GonerNL #20 Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 9214 battles
  • 1,855
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View PostYkazumi, on 13 June 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

When red team has got one top-notch human bomber, and when your team is filled with 3-4 novice players with 1-5 battle hours or so, the outcome of the battle is so quick and decisive in favour of the former. 

 

Yep. Or your team gets lower tier (bot) bombers and MM tries to compensate with GA, same story.

And this happens way too often!

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users