• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Blackhawk1947 #1 Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 61 battles

Grandpa’s Crosshairs for WoWP

This package contain numerous crosshair views for WoWP

The only “set” of views is the grandpa’s_favorites, which contain sniper, bomber, and turret view that I like the most and use during game play. Installation instructions are outlined below.  You can mix and match for your installation to create your won “set” on just install individual crosshairs to suit your needs.

For example:

There are 3 parts to a crosshairs “set”.

• Sniper, provides your normal and sniper zoom views.  Also contains the views for “weapons hot” if so desired
  • Bomber, provides view for bomber type aircraft (not for multi-purpose or heavy with bombs)
  • Turret, provides view for turret crosshairs for all type of aircraft with a turret gunner

You may install 1, 2, or all 3 types to get the look you want.

Below are some images of the different crosshairs during game play

Comments:

• The outer circles (pale yellow) help me when leading and/or lagging, especially at a distance. In close in a turn and burn scenario, placing the outer ring just in front of the target nose usually gets constant hits.
  • As for the center, I have tried to keep it clear and free. 
  • All options come with the sniper view clear of all obstructions and glare.

Image Gallery

Download

New Styles and Additions

Image Gallery

Edited by Blackhawk1947, 11 July 2019 - 06:27 PM.

Grandpa's Mods for Lots of Stuff

CaptBoombeard #2 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6310 battles
So how are you supposed to see your target if you cover the point with stuff?????

Blackhawk1947 #3 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 61 battles
Guess you'll have to truy it. The only thing "new" in the center are the 4 small hash marks and they are set at 25% transparency, so for me they do not interfere. Photos actually show them brighter than they are.

KlausHetti #4 Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10445 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Why do you use a modification to clean the sniper view from trash and clouds?
I like to hide in clouds.
If you are my enemy you will have an unfair benefit.
Sorry, but I can not accept that.

What you are doing with your crosshair - I don't care as long it does not implement automatic targeting.

Whatever - 60 battles on your account makes the chance to meet you in a battle only marginal.  

__
Zur Info: 
2012 --> WOT Start. Das spiele ich seit vielen Jahren nicht mehr.
Herbst 2017 --> WOWP Start seit kurz nach dem 2.0 Release, bei 1.x hat mich WOWP nicht interessiert.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3541 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKlausHetti, on 16 June 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

If the server tells him that he can't see your plane because of clouds, then removing the clouds won't allow him to see you anyway.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

KlausHetti #6 Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 10445 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

... but apparently it helps him. Otherwise he would not remove clouds.

That's my idea about that.
Depends how it is done on the PC.
The position of the plane comes from the server as you can see on the indicator in the sky (type, name and so on) even with clouds.

The information where the cloud is positioned in the sky comes from the server, too.
If you cut out the procedure adding the clouds by a modification then the plane will be visible.

Am I wrong?

__
Zur Info: 
2012 --> WOT Start. Das spiele ich seit vielen Jahren nicht mehr.
Herbst 2017 --> WOWP Start seit kurz nach dem 2.0 Release, bei 1.x hat mich WOWP nicht interessiert.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 16 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3541 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKlausHetti, on 16 June 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Am I wrong?

Yes....you're wrong. No mod can stop the server from telling you there is a cloud in a particular place, so even if you remove it from your computer, the server is still telling you that it's there. So, if a cloud is meant to be there, the plane will not be visible, it will just appear and disappear in a clear blue sky depending on what the server tells him. This mod can help by making a slight FPS increase which can have a stuttering effects on weaker computers.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

zen_monk_ #8 Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6959 battles
  • [__] __

View PostKlausHetti, on 16 June 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Am I wrong?

Confirmed, you are wrong.

You can make clouds look like purple elephants on your end, or none at all - that's only for you to see. The server calculates it's own clouds and whatnot and either present you the target or not.

All the visual mods can do here is make a prettier/more comfortable picture for your screen, and your screen only. Has absolutely nothing to do with the mechanics of the game, that's all server side.

Hope this clears the issue a bit...

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

Blackhawk1947 #9 Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 61 battles

Let me address a couple of issues...

1. First of all all of my mods and probably all others are "client side" mods.  In other words they only impact YOUR PC view and are DO NOT effect other players in any way. All of the player info is from the server and is not impacted by "client side" mods.
  2. Removing the cloud and trash clutter has been a part of nearly all the crosshair mods (mine and others) since 2.0 was released, so if it was an issue or a cheat, WG should have said something.  But since 1 above is true, its not an issue.
  3. The actual "cleaning" removed a few white specs and the scatterd white border from the graphic, neither of which "hid" you or the enemy from view, they were just clutter on the screen and I didn't like it.
  4.  I have never, nor will I ever, make or use a mod that violates the terms of usage. My mods only enhance my views in the game and I do them for my benefit as a hobby.  I post them just in case someone else wants to use them.

Thanks to all those that answered the questions about being appropriate, corrected misleading information, and gave the correct information.

edit: As and example of server side vs client side, if you use the "cloud" (not mine, but hides clouds) mod you will occasionally see a enemy at distance appear or disappear from view.  This is because he goes behind clouds and the server send you that info.  So even though you do not see any clouds, the server knows they are there and provides info accordingly.  This crosshair mod does not work to "remove" clouds, just some clutter from the screen.

Edited by Blackhawk1947, 16 June 2019 - 07:18 PM.

blindfoId #10 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 16 June 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Yes....you're wrong. No mod can stop the server from telling you there is a cloud in a particular place, so even if you remove it from your computer, the server is still telling you that it's there. So, if a cloud is meant to be there, the plane will not be visible, it will just appear and disappear in a clear blue sky depending on what the server tells him. This mod can help by making a slight FPS increase which can have a stuttering effects on weaker computers.

View Postzen_monk_, on 16 June 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Confirmed, you are wrong.

You can make clouds look like purple elephants on your end, or none at all - that's only for you to see. The server calculates it's own clouds and whatnot and either present you the target or not.

All the visual mods can do here is make a prettier/more comfortable picture for your screen, and your screen only. Has absolutely nothing to do with the mechanics of the game, that's all server side.

Hope this clears the issue a bit...

Thank you for your posts, guys :honoring: You are perfectly correct. Despite the popular believe that removing clouds is almost a cheating it is not. You cannot remove clouds from the server side and you'll see your enemy disappearing in the clear sky because there are clouds and you cannot do anything about it. Thus, this mode is a visual modification only that does not affect any visibility mechanics. 

Blackhawk1947 #11 Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 61 battles
Updated with additional choices and options

Blackhawk1947 #12 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 61 battles

View PostKlausHetti, on 16 June 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

What you are doing with your crosshair - I don't care as long it does not implement automatic targeting.

Whatever - 60 battles on your account makes the chance to meet you in a battle only marginal.  

60 battles on EU, just an account I created to be able to post on this forum.  Check out NA arasgrandpa (4K battles).  Come on over and you will probably get in a battle with me. I am an equal opportunity player, anyone can shoot me down :-)

Blackhawk1947 #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 61 battles
Updated

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users