Update 2.1

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:41 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
On July 11 from 08:00 CEST, UTC+2 till 12:00 CEST, UTC+2, the servers will undergo maintenance to deploy Update 2.1. This update introduces new aircraft, equipment, and much more.

Full news text

raketak_ #2 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7342 battles

Hi BlindfoId,

Thank you for 3 Avia.

Please how exactly work G-Suit?  There is "maneuverability at high speed +6–14%". There is minimum speed until which G-Suit is not active? Including Bonus characteristics?

Piq_Mastika #3 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5830 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Swapping the European planes with UK/USSR/Germany is great. Sadly, China and my Shenyang JL-1A-37 stays isolated.

G-Suit is a great news for the bnz lovers. It can also be a good attachment to any plane: HFs or even GAAs can be played more like multiroles; Maneuverable planes like Yak/Ki/La/Sabre can now be played with full-speed gear and there will be no need to slow down for an optimal turn.

And finally the Twin Mustang!

Piq_Mastika #4 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5830 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postraketak_, on 10 July 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hi BlindfoId,

Thank you for 3 Avia.

Please how exactly work G-Suit?  There is "maneuverability at high speed +6–14%". There is minimum speed until which G-Suit is not active? Including Bonus characteristics?

It's not activating. Expand your "Maneuverability" stat for your planes in game:

Spoiler

You can find something like minimum and maximum turn speed. This means if you stay in this range, you will turn in the best possible time. If you fly faster or slower, you will have a penalty. With G-suit you expand the maximum optimal speed, so the turns will be fine, even at high speeds.

Edited by Piq_Mastika, 10 July 2019 - 01:27 PM.

elias_the_great #5 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2792 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

Are all these planes gonna be obtainable only though gold in the in-game-store or is there an event comming that hasnt been posted yet?

Also does the rename of the French "line" to European mean that we should give up all hopes for a future French line?If thats the case then its a missed oportunity because french had really neat planes during the late '30s and before their surrender (plus their late tier planes should be really good as well)!

My biggest question is if these new planes gonna have their own markings/decals or are they going to have one common because they are on the same "nation"...

As for the G-suit, the way i understand the description, its only going to be usefull for boom and zoom fighters and heavy fighters in general. Other planes (like the yaks) wont benefit because they dont fly high enough to dive on someone (so they dont built up uncontrolable speed for that reason)

Spartan_93 #6 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:33 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 1012 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

If you fly at (high) yellow/red speed, you get a penalty for maneuvability. With G-suit you get a smaller penalty, or?

Because it is "maneuverability at high speed +6–14%", and not something like "red speed starts at +5% speed".

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6899 battles
  • [__] __

View Postelias_the_great, on 10 July 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Are all these planes gonna be obtainable only though gold in the in-game-store or is there an event comming that hasnt been posted yet?

Looks like first four would be store items for gold,

The following aircraft are now available for purchase in the in-game shop:

• Avia Bk-534, а Czechoslovakian (European) Tier III fighter
  • PZL P-38 Wilk, а Polish (European) Tier III heavy fighter
  • Avia S-199, an Israeli (European) Tier VI multirole fighter
  • SAAB J 21RB, a Swedish (European) Tier VIII multirole fighter

And these three are specials, event-earned

New Special Reward Aircraft:

• Avia B-534, а Czechoslovakian (European) Tier III fighter
  • Yak-7 M-82 A, a Soviet Tier V multirole fighter
  • P-82B Twin Mustang, an American Tier VIII heavy fighter

Most interesting option for me is this:

Switching Aircraft Nation

You can now switch the nation of any European aircraft (including French machines that were available before) to any of the main nations (Germany, U.S.S.R., U.S.A., U.K., or Japan) and back.

With this option, you can use these aircraft to train other nations' Crews or assign already trained Crews to them.

If I got it right, for example I can decide to take a Frenchie VB 10, transfer it to US line - now VB 10 will be able to accept my US pilot for training.

Have I got this right, WG?

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

blindfoId #8 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View Postraketak_, on 10 July 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Hi BlindfoId,

Thank you for 3 Avia.

"High speed" here means when your speed is at yellow-red level. It's different for each aircraft. 

View Postelias_the_great, on 10 July 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Also does the rename of the French "line" to European mean that we should give up all hopes for a future French line?If thats the case then its a missed oportunity because french had really neat planes during the late '30s and before their surrender (plus their late tier planes should be really good as well)!

zen_monk_ is right here. First four planes will be available both in Premium Shop and in-game shop for gold. Others — either as a part of special offers or events.

I'm afraid French line hasn't been planned to be introduced already for some time. So yeah, no researchable French planes for us.

View PostSpartan_93, on 10 July 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

If you fly at (high) yellow/red speed, you get a penalty for maneuvability. With G-suit you get a smaller penalty, or?

Because it is "maneuverability at high speed +6–14%", and not something like "red speed starts at +5% speed".

Technically, you are right with you first guess. You get a penalty for maneuverability if you fly at yellow/red speed, this equipment gives you a bonus, thus reducing the penalty. Or even bonus, depends on the initial penalty.

View Postzen_monk_, on 10 July 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

If I got it right, for example I can decide to take a Frenchie VB 10, transfer it to US line - now VB 10 will be able to accept my US pilot for training.

Have I got this right, WG?

Absolutely correct. 

zen_monk_ #9 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6899 battles
  • [__] __

Well then, this is quite an interesting and fruitful update.

gg, WG :honoring:

Someone_unknown #10 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 300 battles
Still cant mount my dragon hull camo which i buy for gold on my IL-40 …. mount button doesnt work  … FIX IT pls … 

zen_monk_ #11 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6899 battles
  • [__] __

View PostSomeone_unknown, on 10 July 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

Still cant mount my dragon hull camo which i buy for gold on my IL-40 …. mount button doesnt work  … FIX IT pls … 

Make some other change too - for example, remove the old emblem or place a new free one in the same turn - and the mount button will work. Mount the skin you want, and return to change back the emblems.

Edited by zen_monk_, 10 July 2019 - 04:46 PM.

Grison_SE #12 Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1697 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
How about fixing the disconnetion bug b4 adding new functions to the game?
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

invader_from_mars #13 Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7336 battles
Avia S-199 as israeli plane? Wth? That plane is czechoslovakian, Israel only bought 25! Are you high or something? I find this offensive and disrespectful to czech ppl

Grison_SE #14 Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1697 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 10 July 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

Avia S-199 as israeli plane? Wth? That plane is czechoslovakian, Israel only bought 25! Are you high or something? I find this offensive and disrespectful to czech ppl

Should have been a Czech plane, but with possible Israeli emblems.

Maybe they thought that it only saw actual battle in Israel?

Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

edkum #15 Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 1512 battles
  • [MONGS] MONGS
Hmm plane called "PZL P-38 Wilk" never existed in reality. PZL.38 Wilk, on the other hand... 

Please fix the name ASAP, because it's a quite big mistake. 

WilhelmII #16 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2910 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

Since when did Israel become part of Europe ??? The new EU under the French Line, Yeah Yeah, who you trying to P off most????

raketak_ #17 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7342 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 10 July 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

You are right, but without Israel nobody will remember this plane.

Piq_Mastika #18 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:17 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5830 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postelias_the_great, on 10 July 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

My biggest question is if these new planes gonna have their own markings/decals or are they going to have one common because they are on the same "nation"...

As for the G-suit, the way i understand the description, its only going to be usefull for boom and zoom fighters and heavy fighters in general. Other planes (like the yaks) wont benefit because they dont fly high enough to dive on someone (so they dont built up uncontrolable speed for that reason)

The Yak's main problem is you have to slow down for an optimal turn. With G-suit you can turn well at high speeds, so I think it will be usable even there. You can also benefit the 10% altitude from the bonus characteristics.

For the markings, I hope they will make them unique for their real nation.

RoyalFlyingCorps #19 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:24 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14589 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

If I read the patch notes correctly the G-Suit is installed in the cockpit, which means sacrificing the gun sight.  Since the blessed equipment progression system was introduced in patch 2.0.5 I've stopped getting marksman I and II as early skills on many pilots because the gun sight was available, so that's not going to be easy to undo.  The 5% accuracy improvement the G-Suit gives — I think this applies at any speed, not just high speeds, but once again the patch notes aren't clear — won't really compensate for losing 14% or more accuracy from a replaced gun sight.  I have a feeling this piece of equipment is going to be a less attractive choice than at first it appears.

Well, hurrah! - for new aircraft that aren't bombers, but boo! - for making them all premiums.  I think most of us would have liked at least one new researchable line that wasn't for bombers and it's disappointing that, after some years of modelling and testing French planes, we now learn there are no plans to introduce a regular French tech tree line.  I have to say I'm getting tired of the recent approach of the WoWP team, which has been to make all the new regular aircraft bombers — soooo boring — and everything else new either premium or reward planes.

Will this update bring me back to the game?  Probably for a little while, just to see what the new premiums are like.  Will it keep me engaged?  Probably not, since there's still nothing for me to research apart from boring bombers.  The combination of bugs, the loathsome equipment progression system and the unappealing policy regarding new content has pushed me away from the game.  First, we need the bugs fixed and secondly, we need new content that is interesting and accessible, that is, not bombers and not premium/reward aircraft.  I suppose it's too much to ask for the equipment progression system to be removed from the game, though I remain firmly of the opinion it should never have been introduced.

This is quite a big update.  What a pity, then, that I don't think it's the update the game needs.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 11 July 2019 - 06:31 AM.

GonerNL #20 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8609 battles

View Postraketak_, on 11 July 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

You are right, but without Israel nobody will remember this plane.

Not a lot of people remember this plane anyway ... even the pilots who flew it, try to forget it.

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 11 July 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

This is quite a big update.  

Big update ?

A couple of funny planes and more personal ratings with more special project equipment ...

The switching nation thing (plane, pilot ?) is still unclear to me.

What we really need is fixes for all the disconnects, program stopped working and assorted black screens ...  and flight chat and mud on your screen at 2500 meters.

Edited by GonerNL, 11 July 2019 - 07:21 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users