XP on elite status planes.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jester_UK #1 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:09 PM

Airman Basic

• 193 battles
Hi guys just wanted to clear something up. When a plane has had all its modules fully researched and reaches elite status. You seem to only have a choice of earning free XP or accelerated training. The plane XP itself stays at zero. If you want to start earning XP for the next plane do you have to simply buy loads of gold to convert the free XP until you get there. It doesn't work this way on world of tanks. The reason I ask is my young son plays this game and I cant afford to be constantly buying gold so he can move up the tiers. Strikes me as a money making scam if I've read it right. 

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6995 battles
  • [__] __
No. Don't click on Accelerated Crew Training and all earned xp will be split even between Plane XP (for the next tier) and the Pilot XP.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

Piq_Mastika #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5862 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The XP gained after Elite status is not free XP. It's still aircraft XP. If you want to research the next plane, Don't click on Accelerated Crew Training. This option makes all your plane XP gained to become transferred on the pilot.

GonerNL #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 8642 battles

Why did they change that anyway (in 2.0 ?) ?

It used to be that your plane only got Elite when your researched the next tier ...

CheefCoach #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6042 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 11 July 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Why did they change that anyway (in 2.0 ?) ?

It used to be that your plane only got Elite when your researched the next tier ...

Well I see two reasons:

1. So the specialization grind can start when you unlock all parts.

2. It give choice to player not to progress to the next tier, and can stile train pilot. Some people might chose to stay in tier 6 or tier 7. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

CheefCoach #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 6042 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postjester_UK, on 10 July 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi guys just wanted to clear something up. When a plane has had all its modules fully researched and reaches elite status. You seem to only have a choice of earning free XP or accelerated training. The plane XP itself stays at zero. If you want to start earning XP for the next plane do you have to simply buy loads of gold to convert the free XP until you get there. It doesn't work this way on world of tanks. The reason I ask is my young son plays this game and I cant afford to be constantly buying gold so he can move up the tiers. Strikes me as a money making scam if I've read it right. 

First: You don't need to spend any money in order to play this game. I can play tier 10 with free account and upgraded consumables and stile earn some profit. 

In order to convert experience, that experience must accumulate on some plane. As far as I am aware, it can't be created out of thin air with usage of gold. 

Same amount of xp goes to airplane and to pilot(s). When plane becomes elite, there is an option (checkbox), on the pilot sub meni, that gives you an option to transfer airplane xp to one of the pilots. It have to be checked manually by player! 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users