• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

0berhessen #21 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:59 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3735 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postelgreco2000, on 12 August 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

For JW7s to get some love they need their maneuverability back otherwise they are sitting ducks to almost all fighters in the game. Guns alone cannot help a plane with no speed. no maneuverability and no altitude. You cannot use guns if you cannot aim them on something turning. There use to be a balance between guns and maneuverability and on the other side altitude and speed. Now guns alone make this once interesting plane to play an easy target for all. I never play it...not enjoyable knowing you will get shot down over and over again in every game.

i disagree the J7W are still dangerous planes. more maneuverability will make them OP. play them yourself and find out

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

MIG_flyer #22 Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:46 AM

Senior Airman

• 2419 battles
  • [EE] EE

View PostblindfoId, on 12 August 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

Don't be discouraged it's not the last event for us, we'll have even more in the future. :)

I have no doubt about coming events :honoring:

But why is the Premium Shop stagnated?

Same "Offer of the Month" has been on for 2 monthS and no new anything.

Not inspiring :coin:

dreambill #23 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 4097 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Post0berhessen, on 13 August 2019 - 03:59 AM, said:

i disagree the J7W are still dangerous planes. more maneuverability will make them OP. play them yourself and find out

Well I found them useful in obliterating GAs (as before) and now hunting and obliterating bomber formations (weird role for a J7W). Problem is you can do both equally good or better with a HF, so what's the point using them?

I agree that the role of agile nimble fragile fighter with deadly cannons that they had in previous WoWp was much more interesting and enjoyable.

I suppose they destroyed them to give this role to Ki's (tier 9-10) but with only 2 cannons I find them pure pain to play them, I rarely hit something and if so the damage is not enough. I have much faster results with an F86.

Edited by dreambill, 13 August 2019 - 11:08 AM.

blindfoId #24 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Congratulation to the pilots who dared to tame the lightning!

Your mastery and perseverance let you achieve magnificent results which cannot go unnoticed. Salvage Party is ready to provide support and reward those of you who fought the storm and returned from battle in triumph.

Perseverance

Spoiler

Mastery

Spoiler

zen_monk_ #25 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7295 battles
  • [__] __

:honoring:

Go forumites go!

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

elgreco2000 #26 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1043 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Post0berhessen, on 13 August 2019 - 03:59 AM, said:

Sorry Oberhessen but i cannot agree with you.I have played JWs in 2.0 and I have played them for many years in 1.9.All japaneze fighters were consistent as far as maneuverability goes. It's not surprising they had to come up with an event so people would finally play these planes. And it would be very simple to understand what I'm saying if you came up against a player in a fighter, any fighter and you in a JW....you would lose! No bots that turn their back side to you so you can kill them. not snicking up on a players tail for the kill but you alone with a player in any other fighter...you would lose. JWs were never op when they had maneuverability they just had a bit more of a chance. You could not outrun or out climb most fighters but you could out turn them if they came low. There was a kind of a balance though you did not have much of chance even then against XFs or 262s or sabres or javalines but low you could do something. Now your chances are minnimal high, low, left right and center. Sure you can kill some bots who are put there to make begginers happy but that's about it. JWs have one advantage...guns while other fighters in those tiers,8-9-10, have altitude. speed, guns. 3 advantages against 1 or even 2 advantages against JWs 1...why is that?

Edited by elgreco2000, 13 August 2019 - 03:33 PM.

dirty_magic #27 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 13602 battles

Hi and thanks for one more great event.

Just to notice. I should have received as a reward 5 crates, and I receive an in-game message that I got 5, however, I got 4 crates.

The same thing happened to my brother sgt_Cyb should have got 3 and in fact he got 2 crates.

I assume that 7 days of premiums and 1000 Free XP - which we received was compensation for that missing crate.

P.S. In 4 crates I did not receive anything worthy to mention, so I'm more than happy with that 7 days of premium.

P.P.S Thx one more time for a fun weekend.

Navradaran #28 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 9369 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View Postdirty_magic, on 13 August 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

Just to notice. I should have received as a reward 5 crates, and I receive an in-game message that I got 5, however, I got 4 crates.

I assume that 7 days of premiums and 1000 Free XP - which we received was compensation for that missing crate.

P.S. In 4 crates I did not receive anything worthy to mention, so I'm more than happy with that 7 days of premium.

P.P.S Thx one more time for a fun weekend.

Hello, Same happened to me with crates, received only 4/5 promised. These crates also contained of nothing particularly valuable. Could have had some use for 250g.. (Who wouldn't).

But I did not get any premium days either, so I assume it was reserved for older players or there has been an error of some kind. It was nice to see many J7W's around for a change. In my opinion it's powerful 'second wave' -plane and it excels at it. But go in first or with some bots...

NekoPuffer_PPP #29 Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 1086 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 13 August 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Your mastery and perseverance let you achieve magnificent results which cannot go unnoticed. Salvage Party is ready to provide support and reward those of you who fought the storm and returned from battle in triumph.

Perseverance

Spoiler

Mastery

Spoiler

D'oh! I'm 13th, figures. :facepalm: I really am cursed with bad luck (just in general). Happy to have made it though! :great:

houghtonbee #30 Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3547 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Should have had a crate to open but not received. Seem to have been given 100 gold though.

andrew3142 #31 Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 5608 battles

View PostNavradaran, on 13 August 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Hello, Same happened to me with crates, received only 4/5 promised. These crates also contained of nothing particularly valuable. Could have had some use for 250g.. (Who wouldn't).

But I did not get any premium days either, so I assume it was reserved for older players or there has been an error of some kind. It was nice to see many J7W's around for a change. In my opinion it's powerful 'second wave' -plane and it excels at it. But go in first or with some bots...

For reasons best known to the Wargaming developers, the first crate opens automatically - so you just get a message in amongst the ones about tokens and legendary pilot award etc (I got some equipment and material)

GonerNL #32 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9001 battles

Well, that was fun ! Thanks !

I should have played 3 more battles, to get higher than 22 for even better prizes ;-)

Piq_Mastika #33 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6054 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 13 August 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Perseverance

Spoiler

Mastery

Spoiler

Good job, winners. As I predicted, the 30 player list is not full. Imagine doing 30 games with 9k best score...

Navradaran #34 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 9369 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 13 August 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

Good job, winners. As I predicted, the 30 player list is not full. Imagine doing 30 games with 9k best score...

It would be full if all participants would be included. But it was mentioned beforehand that you cannot have position in both categories.
For example: My positions are Perseverance: #2 and Mastery: #4. (best round with [t10] J7W3 was 25295 pp's)
But since #2 > #4, second category is left out entirely and is not shown at all. You can bet there was some hefty results made. For example I participated in the round Spider made his top score and knew then that in order for me to get that ki-88, I would have to try to win perseverance.
According to my calculations in ~3% of games it was even remotely possible to attain such high pp -score. All during Friday and Saturday, mind you ;). Sundays rounds were all pretty ...meh.

Naturally my old Clanmate won that category before me and he had that plane already :P.  Oh well, can't complain if first price is 3600g... Gratz all!

P.S If first casket opens automatically (?!?), I must have gained some Free xp, since every other number has stayed the same.

Piq_Mastika #35 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:43 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6054 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostNavradaran, on 14 August 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Hello and good job for your position. I know how this event works. You can't say the event is 100% fine if the winner-lists are not full (as a result, not theoretically). This event has very hard to reach participate conditions: 30 games and only one tech line to choose (if you have it). So you need to put much effort only to have the chance of being counted and you can simply be sure you take any reward.

GonerNL #36 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9001 battles

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 13 August 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

As I predicted, the 30 player list is not full. Imagine doing 30 games with 9k best score...

Pretty much tho, 27 and 28 ... that's pretty good.

And it was only 20 battles and 3k minimum score.

SPIDER000 #37 Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:54 AM

Airman Basic

• Community Contributor
  • 10092 battles

View PostNavradaran, on 13 August 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Same here... 4 crates instead of 5. Plus some wierd number of materials (10 mechanical parts) and advanced armor protection... Probably for auto-opened crate, which was mentioned above (I didnt even know this happens here.)
Anyway, I didnt get promissed gyroscopic sight and 20 tokens, which were promissed for 2nd place. Just 4 krates and achievement-medal.

Edit: Apparenty, I got Gyroscopic sight and those 20 tokens... game just didnt tell me about it.

I counted it and everything fits. Only question here is about that randomly opened 1 crate.

Edited by SPIDER000, 14 August 2019 - 10:27 AM.

GonerNL #38 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9001 battles

View PostSPIDER000, on 14 August 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

Anyway, I didnt get promissed gyroscopic sight and 20 tokens, which were promissed for 2nd place. Just 4 krates and achievement-medal.

You get to see the crate(s) and auto-opened content in the scrolling log (bottom right), but not the tokens and sight ... just look in Depot. I also couldn't remember how many tokens I had, so I guess/hope they were added.

I hope that when/if (?!) they fix the self-opening crate, they also fix that you get to see other added stuff in the log too ... but I won't hold my breath.

dreambill #39 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 4097 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

I must have counted battle numbers wrong, I stopped at 20 (Too boring playing JW7s) but somehow not in lists (I had a few 14k+ results). Probably played 1 sort of 20 :(

Well, if not for collecting the 150k for the hangar, I wouldn't bother at all playing 20 battles in them.

SPIDER000 #40 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

Airman Basic

• Community Contributor
  • 10092 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 14 August 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

You get to see the crate(s) and auto-opened content in the scrolling log (bottom right), but not the tokens and sight ... just look in Depot. I also couldn't remember how many tokens I had, so I guess/hope they were added.

I hope that when/if (?!) they fix the self-opening crate, they also fix that you get to see other added stuff in the log too ... but I won't hold my breath.

I have already edited that part of my comment... then I saw your post. U are right anyway, as long I roughly remember number of tokens before-after, I can confirm those were added in propper amount. Same with that equipment.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users