• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Piq_Mastika #21 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 12 August 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

I swear all the time, yes because of matchmaking. And i call idiots idiots. Shooting ground targets with lightfighters pew pew machineguns? (it is tolerable in tier 1-2, above NO) Yes you are an idiot, and you make your team lose

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS FOR GODS SAKE!!! 7 PLAYER IN MY TEAM AND NONE OF THEM REACHED 2K GODDAMN PERSONAL POINTS. (it shows near 3k for the "best" because of the 1k bonus after the battle)

Yes i call this a goddamn idiot team, period. Sad but the truth, and the truth is cruel, face it, if you are this bad player, you should practice in tier 1-3 (like WG said, in the Sandbox) Btw all this happens because the matchmaker is crappy.

LOL next battle, just right after this:

So i have all the fkn rights to swear, if a game's matchmaker is this bad, wow...complete braindeads on 1 side, while players with skill on the other. Good job, World of Warplanes on its finest :D

You can't blame someone for being bad at tier 4! I doubt anyone was understanding the game at this stage of the game. Tier 4 is accessible after few hours playing. Even good gamers, who never played WG games or any plane games can struggle being good in the beginning. And don't forget like 50% of the server population are people at 40+, who can't adapt as fast as 16 year olds.

prawiejakzywiec666 #22 Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9872 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

Thx Piq.

Maybe I will try to ask on discord when I go back home in order to get the answer.

chikken

BravelyRanAway #23 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4111 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 13 August 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

And don't forget like 50% of the server population are people at 40+, who can't adapt as fast as 16 year olds.

In the 1970's, I was in my teens when the first home computers like the IBM, Trinity, TRS 80, later Apple II, Dragon 32 and 64 etc, came to the market, physically typing in reams of code just to play 'Little brick out' or if you were lucky you could load from a tape cassette.

I think I can still hold my own against those pesky meddling kids.:trollface:

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 13 August 2019 - 04:15 PM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Piq_Mastika #24 Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 13 August 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

In the 1970's, I was in my teens when the first home computers like the IBM, Trinity, TRS 80, later Apple II, Dragon 32 and 64 etc, came to the market, physically typing in reams of code just to play 'Little brick out' or if you were lucky you could load from a tape cassette.

I think I can still hold my own against those pesky meddling kids.:trollface:

I mean no offence mentioning age and definitely I'm not saying kids do better with computers. I'm just saying the nerve systems slows down with the age and in some cases the younger players has advantage in this, being faster. But being elder gives you the advantage of logic, planning and total view.

As being nearly 30 I consider myself as an old one, too. (in the gaming world) :child:

Edited by Piq_Mastika, 13 August 2019 - 09:51 PM.

GonerNL #25 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10026 battles

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 13 August 2019 - 11:50 PM, said:

As being nearly 30 I consider myself as an old one, too. (in the gaming world) 

30 is not old at all.

Not even in the gaming world, where some professional e-gamers are in their late twenties ...

When you get really old, you will notice in gaming ; you just can not keep up with the young whippersnappers in fast games (shooters). You have to use your brains/experience in stead of reflexes/reaction speed. 

Piq_Mastika #26 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:48 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 14 August 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

30 is not old at all.

Not even in the gaming world, where some professional e-gamers are in their late twenties ...

When you get really old, you will notice in gaming ; you just can not keep up with the young whippersnappers in fast games (shooters). You have to use your brains/experience in stead of reflexes/reaction speed.

I know it's not much at all, but in the gaming the drop down starts near 23-24. I think WOWP is a fast game, it has much in common with shooters.

GonerNL #27 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10026 battles

Do you play games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Quake Wars etc ? 

I can handle the single-player versions (also STALKER, Metro) but I stopped playing on-line ... too fast and too hectic. Wowp is child's play compared to that (IMHO).

Grumpy_Guts #28 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:26 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 8367 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The last few posts highlight the underlying problem with naming and shaming on line the rules apart, very few players know anything about the people they are flaming i.e. age ability or disability.

With all the constant bugs and the like a players computer performance can also effect play with very little effective support from the game makers.

That said it is a game for all and should be played in the spirit of the game with consideration and respect.  

Aimless #29 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2810 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrumpy_Guts, on 14 August 2019 - 10:26 AM, said:

The last few posts highlight the underlying problem with naming and shaming on line the rules apart, very few players know anything about the people they are flaming i.e. age ability or disability.

With all the constant bugs and the like a players computer performance can also effect play with very little effective support from the game makers.

That said it is a game for all and should be played in the spirit of the game with consideration and respect.  

Thanks for mentioning. Many people seem to forget about the fact that we're playing a game that ran more stable when it was still in its beta stage. And also bad players should be respected, as long as they don't behave like ducks.

apartclassic #30 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
I think the proposal is not about dissing players who underperform (we all do sometimes), but about pointing fingers at contemptable behaviour. Short-term chat bans are not effective, there are players who just keep going, with or without chat enabled. The only difference for them is 3 days of not being able to insult anyone, nothing else. They shrug it off and keep trashtalking after their chat is enabled. I know a couple players like that, they are almost perma-chatbanned - and ironically, they're usually pretty good players. It is a game, but some people just take it too seriously, and tend to be very vocal about it. Blaming their team, insulting red team - reasons won't matter. What matters is sort of weak and selective reaction by WG and ingame mechanics. I don't think the thread will pass (Naming/Shaming policy will shut it down), and it's sort of frustrating.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

prawiejakzywiec666 #31 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9872 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
I've asked blindfold on priv about it and now I'm expecting the formal answer.

chikken

RoyalFlyingCorps #32 Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15837 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

The answer will be as it says in the subheader of the quoted section: "no naming and shaming".  It's nothing to do with accusations; you are not allowed publicly to make a fuss about an abusive player.

Frankly, I don't want the abuse (so I have chat turned off) and I don't want a revenge thread here either.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 17 August 2019 - 05:36 AM.

apartclassic #33 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:04 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

I have a suggestion about all this, and if possible I'd like blindfold's or some CM's answer on this. Some players are either unaware of the consequences of unsporty behaviour (aka breaking ToS or even EULA), or don't care about them - based on the premise the punishment is short-termed or there isn't any. I know for a fact there are certain procedures taken in cases of reporting players via Support ticket, even if the player reporting is not being informed in detail about what action was taken. I understand it's because of data protection laws, and I have no problem with that.

My suggestion is that perhaps WG could regularly post or share information about the number of punished players. Not detailed, obviously, but perhaps it could serve some purpose if we all could see that there were e.g. 100 perma-banned accounts per month, for breaking rules. It could be beneficial if the community did see there is actual reaction when/if we report someone. In many cases the behaviour we would like to curb/eliminate stems from the false feeling of security, because nobody but WG staff is aware of the real numbers and actions taken. Give us information - however 'circumstantial' or general - of bans, permabans, long-term chat bans etc, and the good news would spread. It's like with kids, you know - if they see/know there's punishment (or someone is watching), they behave. If they think there's none (or nobody is watching)... well...

Small edit: as far as I'm aware of there's a two-stage system in play here. One stage is the auto-bans (chat bans), the other stage is human intervention (when a ticket is submitted). Evidence of the first in action is abundant, we all have friends who had/have chat bans; anything about the latter procedures (which can result in account bans/suspensions etc) is not revealed, and as such is unknown and unappreciated to the community.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

GonerNL #34 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10026 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 29 August 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

My suggestion is that perhaps WG could regularly post or share information about the number of punished players. Not detailed, obviously, but perhaps it could serve some purpose if we all could see that there were e.g. 100 perma-banned accounts per month, for breaking rules. 

They used to do that on the CIS forum, but stopped years ago ...

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index.php?/forum/381-%d0%bf%d1%80%d0%b5%d1%81%d1%82%d1%83%d0%bf%d0%bb%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8%d1%8f-%d0%b8-%d0%bd%d0%b0%d0%ba%d0%b0%d0%b7%d0%b0%d0%bd%d0%b8%d1%8f/

Use Google translate on the page.

Edited by GonerNL, 29 August 2019 - 08:18 AM.

paca_madaidhean #35 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5996 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

wooop wooopp   I will win the prize fo

Edited by paca_madaidhean, 29 August 2019 - 12:24 PM.

prawiejakzywiec666 #36 Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9872 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
I have not received any answer to my pm to blindfold. Probably wg does not care about interaction with players.

chikken

blindfoId #37 Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 29 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I have not received any answer to my pm to blindfold. Probably wg does not care about interaction with players.

To be honest, I'm just a little bit at a loss. You question wouldn't be even possible if you got acquainted with the forum rules. Naming and shaming is not tolerated on the forum and is forbidden by rules. You can use in-game reporting system or contact the Customer Support directly if you face any rule violations in-game, it's surely not a point of forum discussion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users