• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Ziptop #21 Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 7575 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

I know those feelz.

I'm beginning to hypothesis that sometimes the game just hates me.

AnCh #22 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7529 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

View PostGonerNL, on 17 August 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

Yeah, the contribution (being no.1 in a defeat ?) counts, but that's about the only reward you get ...

Yes, I agree it is a too small reward. Maybe something could be done for being in the first three places and still receive the XP as for a win if you get a minimum number of required PP and maybe some other cumulative requirements.

On my side, when I get such streaks of defeat, I just quit and return on another day. If the streak is repeating, the gap between plays is increased so the frustration will not get too high.

Despite on Monk's good advice, I cannot follow it most of the time since I usually play for first win and tree advancement which is hard to get with streaks of defeat.

zen_monk_ #23 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 10136 battles
  • [__] __

View PostAnCh, on 17 August 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

Maybe something could be done for being in the first three places and still receive the XP as for a win if you get a minimum number of required PP and maybe some other cumulative requirements.

I've advocated this for a long long time.

The first one from the losing team gets rewarded as per win. All the goodies.  So go ahead mate, make an effort, stay in the battle and fight  till the end full on.

99% of the MM complaints would go away, also 99% of quitters. All would perform with more energy, contribute more.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

AnCh #24 Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7529 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD
Maybe we should revive this idea in the suggestions thread and contribute to it all us? 

GonerNL #25 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12716 battles

This problem (suggestion) has been brought to WG's attention over & over ... they just don't give a crap.

I don't think they ever even replied to those suggestions.

Edited by GonerNL, 18 August 2019 - 12:09 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #26 Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17416 battles
They only listen to the Russian server population.  The WoWP team has quite deliberately severed all links with Western players and will not pay any attention to suggestions or complaints from that quarter.  You all saw what happened when Eek presented a document with the EU server players' wishes, suggestions and complaints.  Eek was invited to work elsewhere.  You all know that Priolia has ceased to stream the game and no longer interacts with Western players.  You all know that _Neverm1nd_ and blindfold, who were supposed to replace Eek, have never come close to working with the EU players in the way that Eek did.  You all know that the former of those two has disappeared without explanation.  You all know the network of community contributors built up by Eek and his NA counterpart were abandoned without a word of explanation or indeed any contact of any kind from the WoWP team.

Instead of regarding the Western player population as an enlightened and advanced resource to be used to improve the game, it appears our Russian development team considers it to be troublesome, irritating, prone to complaints it does not want to hear and ungrateful.  I can only say the Russian development team has a very backward attitude towards its players.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 18 August 2019 - 03:12 PM.

Ensign_Steel #27 Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 2099 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 18 August 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

They only listen to the Russian server population.  The WoWP team has quite deliberately severed all links with Western players and will not pay any attention to suggestions or complaints from that quarter.  You all saw what happened when Eek presented a document with the EU server players' wishes, suggestions and complaints.  Eek was invited to work elsewhere.  You all know that Priolia has ceased to stream the game and no longer interacts with Western players.  You all know that _Neverm1nd_ and blindfold, who were supposed to replace Eek, have never come close to working with the EU players in the way that Eek did.  You all know that the former of those two has disappeared without explanation.  You all know the network of community contributors built up by Eek and his NA counterpart were abandoned without a word of explanation or indeed any contact of any kind from the WoWP team.

Instead of regarding the Western player population as an enlightened and advanced resource to be used to improve the game, it appears our Russian development team considers it to be troublesome, irritating, prone to complaints it does not want to hear and ungrateful.  I can only say the Russian development team has a very backward attitude towards its players.

Huh... reminds me of Gaijin and how they're currently handling War Blunder.

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have [whopee] with it

cracktrackflak #28 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:39 AM

Airman Basic

• 129 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 18 August 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Thats pretty much how every Russian organisation works, from the owner of a street kiosk to the top of government itself.

Its a deeply ingrained cultural trait.

RoyalFlyingCorps #29 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 17416 battles
There is little doubt in my mind that the WoWP team does not take well to dissenting views.  You would almost think they think the players have a nerve complaining about their wonderful game, when in fact they should be admitting it's a buggy mess that they have failed to promote to the gaming community and which they have progressively made unnecessarily complicated in ways that do nothing to enhance the prime attraction of flying around and shooting at moving targets.  It is quite absurd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users