Chat ban bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2161 battles

TL/DR version. 

Chat ban also disables interaction with map. - can't select Sectors etc on map and flag them to team. 

System - Joystick + Keys for gameplay. Also using mouse to interact with map when required. 

In game User. = Me. (Ziptop)

Server. = Euro. Every server I've been on since this ban got implemented. 

----

Full version.

OK. I logged in on 15/08/2019 to discover I've apparently been chat banned. 

Read the forum post about the introduction of this (from a while ago) and I suppose I may have uttered a profanity or something in chat in the middle of the week when I was trying to grind soviet GAA on hotel wifi. 

and that is fair enough...

But, being unable to interact with the HUD map also? For real? Can't click on a location (sector) on the map to nominate a target while chat banned? 

Is this reduction in my ability to communicate strategic data by design? 

Also, I played quite late last night, until 2am 16/08/2019 maybe and during this session, quite late, the HUD chat suddenly came alive and was available again. I think I did use it lightly, to test and perhaps also to say sorry to a player for shooting him down but that I liked his plane (Me-209. One of my favorites, but it's a threat so it had to go down) 

Now I'm not certain, but I'm 98% sure there was no profanity last night. I was training a pilot on my US premiums and flying them was going very well indeed. No need for profanity. 

However, today, I log back in to discover the HUD ban active again. This time read the message and it tells me it won't expire until 19/08/2019

Now, if this ban is supposed to be only 3 days long surely this ban would report as expiring a little sooner than 19/08/2019?

Either way. Questions. 

What is the actual duration of chat ban?

Is there anywhere I can see that report? Any notification anywhere other than the game itself?

Is lockout of strategic map during a chat ban quite necessary? (or is it a bug?)

Edited by Ziptop, 17 August 2019 - 04:53 PM.

Ziptop #2 Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2161 battles

Chat ban also disables interaction with map. - can't select Sectors etc on map and flag them to team. 

System - Joystick + Keys for gameplay. Also using mouse to interact with map when required. 

In game User. = Me. (Ziptop)

Server. = Euro. Every server I've been on since this ban got implemented. 

and seriously nobody cares enough to comment? least of all somebody representing the developers?

Chat ban - fair enough. 

Chat ban also inhibiting interaction with the strategic map? Thats either conciously vindictive or really poor coding!

blindfoId #3 Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostZiptop, on 16 August 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Either way. Questions. 

What is the actual duration of chat ban?

Is there anywhere I can see that report? Any notification anywhere other than the game itself?

Is lockout of strategic map during a chat ban quite necessary? (or is it a bug?)

1. 3 days and longer. Habitual violations have an escalating punishment. If you consider to be banned while not breaking any rules you can appeal to the Customer Support. Here on forum we cannot help you with chat bans as this information is available only to the responsible department which deals with rule violations.

2. In-game only. You are banned from in-game chat, it is obvious that notifications are also in-game ones. You can contact the Customer Support for further information on that point (reasons, for example).

3. It's not a bug. While you have no access to the chat you cannot ping anything on the map as well, as these game entities are connected with each other.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users