Pilot career and promotion.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2159 battles

I'm not sure if pilots already increase in rank as they gain skill, experience and kills but...

Maybe they could?

Promotion up the ranks as some sort of indication of their length of service, skill, kill count etc. Perhaps offset by penalties for aircraft loss? 

blindfoId #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostZiptop, on 17 August 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

I'm not sure if pilots already increase in rank as they gain skill, experience and kills but...

Maybe they could?

Promotion up the ranks as some sort of indication of their length of service, skill, kill count etc. Perhaps offset by penalties for aircraft loss? 

But they already do, their rank depends on the amount of experience.

GonerNL #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9240 battles

It would still be nice to have the crew skill progress back in the after battle report ...

And why was it dropped at all ??!  :amazed:  Don't remember reading anything in the patch notes of recent upgrades.

Oh, about the ranks : https://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/mechanics/clarification-crew-ranks/

It's a bit old, but hopefully still correct.

Edited by GonerNL, 19 August 2019 - 09:35 AM.

Aimless #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I don't consider it a bad idea to remove less useful features. What's not in the game can't collide with other game components (AKA feck up) and doesn't have to be maintained and observed.

You can add nice little features once your game is running flawless to some extent. If your game is far away from that stage, you should keep it as lean as possible. Development basics that is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users