Daily Missions. What does a new player actually get?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2173 battles

I've read things here and there about these, there is a lot of opinion and maybe some conflicting information, but I'm still not 100% sure I understand what the deal is

As a new player with aircraft of only a few lower tiers do you actually get ANYTHING from these missions? 

I see that T8 - "you don't own aircraft in that tier" etc but does that mean you don't get any reward at all? Until you have aircraft of the required type right up to a minimum of T8? 

Is it that you actually do get the rewards for completing those segments for which you own aircraft? 

Would just like to get a definitive answer 

Thanks in advance.

RoyalFlyingCorps #2 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14754 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

What you can't get unless you have at least one tier 8 aircraft is tokens from the daily missions.  They are constructed in three parts, one for tiers I-IV, one for tiers V-VII and one for tiers VIII-X.  You have to complete all three parts to obtain the token reward.  However, completing each part will earn you credits and perhaps also free experience.  To take the 10 token "Wild Hunt" mission as an example:

I-IV: 75,000 credits for completion

V-VII: 100,000 credits and 500 free experience for completion.

VIII-X: 150,000 credits and 750 free experience for completion.

For lower token missions the rewards will be less.

Be advised that buying a tier 8 premium aircraft just so you have a chance of completing the VIII-X band of missions is not effective and not a good use of money.

apartclassic #3 Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20320 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Also some daily missions require certain types of planes, like the mission for ground targets or capturing/defending airfields in a LF. As RFC above wrote, buying a (single) prem t8 might not cut it.

Edited by apartclassic, 18 August 2019 - 11:19 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Piq_Mastika #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:19 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostZiptop, on 18 August 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

I've read things here and there about these, there is a lot of opinion and maybe some conflicting information, but I'm still not 100% sure I understand what the deal is

As a new player with aircraft of only a few lower tiers do you actually get ANYTHING from these missions?

I see that T8 - "you don't own aircraft in that tier" etc but does that mean you don't get any reward at all? Until you have aircraft of the required type right up to a minimum of T8?

Is it that you actually do get the rewards for completing those segments for which you own aircraft?

Would just like to get a definitive answer

Thanks in advance.

There is one solution: To divide the missions by tiers.

zen_monk_ #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7479 battles
  • [__] __

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 19 August 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

There is one solution: To divide the missions by tiers.

Amen.

This is so logical and reasonable solution that I simply can't think of ANY SANE reason why it wasn't implemented from the start.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

DocHartkeks #6 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3179 battles
  • [-EIS-] -EIS-
Lets hope one day they do that and divide the daily mission in  three segments. Last days some new/lowtier players joined my clan and we talked a bit about getting that tokens. As far as i understand it they are not comfortable with the situation at the moment. But iam not sure about the reason Wargaming made this decision to divide it up to the three segments, like we have them now. Missing basic information on this issue to see a good reason.

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7479 battles
  • [__] __

We know the original idea: to keep low tiers populated with players who went up the tiers, and to encourage newbies to grind grind grind to tier 8.

But it turned out into a nightmare. There are more than enough veterans who go low to boost self-esteem, ordinary players are forced to go low and none of them like it, and newbies are discouraged when they realize they need all classes in tier 8 to fulfill various requirements.

No.One.Likes.It.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

DocHartkeks #8 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3179 battles
  • [-EIS-] -EIS-

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 August 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

We know the original idea: to keep low tiers populated with players who went up the tiers, and to encourage newbies to grind grind grind to tier 8.

Thanks for that info zen_monk. I can understand that original idea behind it now far better. But still dont like what we have now.

Aimless #9 Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2306 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDocHartkeks, on 19 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Thanks for that info zen_monk. I can understand that original idea behind it now far better. But still dont like what we have now.

I'm a WG community member since WoT's closed beta, and from the beginning they had the philosophy to keep the players playing all tiers, to make sure no tier (especially the low ones) gets abandoned.

Even for the price of sealclubbing, because in the common Russian mindset (in particular the military one), it's not that much a thing you have to feel ashamed of. I suppose this is the reason why we have to accomplish missions in all tiers to get the tokens.

Edited by Aimless, 19 August 2019 - 12:22 PM.

apartclassic #10 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20320 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

Another explanation, and more down to earth, is that WG had an initially great idea of introducing daily missions - it did make an impact, back in the day there was just the grind in itself - and implemented it sort of hastily and wholesale; it was left as-is, sort of temporary measure with plans to look into later on, but noone actually did that. They took a sketchboard idea of 'daily mission for X things done in Y plane', spread it across 3 periods evenly (easy scripting/programming), and dropped it on us. Job well done, pats on the back, playerbase happy.... not. Perhaps it wasn't obvious right at the beginning, but without scaling daily missions became pretty devastating especially for period 1, and more specifically for new players. They were and still are ganked by veterans who are pushed to t1-4 for the tokens. It should've been adressed long ago, but WG or Persha decided content>quality, and instead of doing what should be a relatively simple thing of just changing a few variables in the script (to enable scaling of the missions), they went head-on into introducing new planes and new modes. I believe daily missions are very low priority on the list right now. They can't be monetized the way new planes can, they are an extra activity for players, and they are nothing to show off in the industry. I am having a look into WoWS recently (I was in the alpha tests), and am amazed by the amount of content there. Missions, campaigns, clan activities etc, it's overwhelming. Compared to ships or tanks, planes are a completely different world. One devoid of life, I'm tempted to say.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I like the idea of daily missions. It's giving me a very distinct goal (especially because dailies = tokens = premium account), once I've finished grinding all lines and tiers. What I don't like is the particular state daily missions are in right now, and additionaly I believe it wouldn't be very resource-consuming to improve things a lot, even if it was just a stop-gap measure. My favourite and often quoted example is the mission for base xp. This particular mission (be it 20k or 25k base xp) is a breeze in period 3 - taking literally but a handful of battles, if one gets lucky - but requires at least 20 battles in period 1, flying t4 to maximize xp gain. Such a simple thing to scale this one, isn't it...

Edited by apartclassic, 19 August 2019 - 04:27 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Piq_Mastika #11 Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:27 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6072 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 August 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

But it turned out into a nightmare. There are more than enough veterans who go low to boost self-esteem, ordinary players are forced to go low and none of them like it, and newbies are discouraged when they realize they need all classes in tier 8 to fulfill various requirements.

No.One.Likes.It.

If we have divided by tier missions the newbies will be encouraged to grind up to tier 8 much more. Now a new player must wait about 1 month with solid playing or 2-3 months with rare playing to take his/hers first quest tokens...just great.

With divided quests the same player will be more encouraged to log in and play few games daily because of the simple reason they are rewarded for this. This will make the game less newbie-repulsive and will free the low tiers from the swarm of hardcore players.

RoyalFlyingCorps #12 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14754 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

One slightly more subtle problem with forcing experienced players down to tiers I-IV is that the missions take longer to complete at those tiers, causing those players to spend proportionally longer at low tiers than they do at the middle and high tiers completing missions.

It's so obvious that this is a bad idea that it is almost beyond belief the WoWP team has not recognised it and dealt with it, until you remember that the Russian player population — and by inference the WoWP team — tends to regard seal clubbing as legitimate and couldn't give a monkeys whether or not it drives players out of the game in other parts of the world.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 20 August 2019 - 07:03 AM.

GonerNL #13 Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9272 battles
I just wonder how someone comes up with a mission 'kill 200 AA guns' for tiers I-IV ... :unsure:  do they even play the game ??

houghtonbee #14 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3700 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 20 August 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

I just wonder how someone comes up with a mission 'kill 200 AA guns' for tiers I-IV ... :unsure:  do they even play the game ??

:D grinding through that rubbish at the moment myself

RoyalFlyingCorps #15 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:12 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14754 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
There is at least the option to skip missions with bad conditions, such as the 200 AA gun one, once a day.  Also, if you make no progress on the mission a new one will be substituted for it at reset the following day.  At least, that is how it used to work.

GonerNL #16 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9272 battles

The mission themselves are OK, but conditions should be adapted to the periods/tiers ...

When there's no event I even let the missions more or less decide what I fly ; so GA for the 'kill 200 AA' and at the moment (i finished the 200 AA !!) I have 'cowboys and aristocrats' so I'll have a look at some of my more neglected UK/USA planes on various tiers.

Grison_SE #17 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2087 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
25000 Points while defending sectors in TI-IV is no walk in the park if I don't practise sealclubbing. I could easily pilot up the FW57 with the valkyrie and a 7p gunner and do that in a couple of Days but where's the fun in that? I'm grinding it in the 109B or Bristol 146, but that involves some clubbing too.
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

elias_the_great #18 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2918 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR
Not that i play a lot recently....but i havent finished a daily for more than 3 months! Honestly, jumping to the game for less than an hour and farming every medal with the XF-90,the EF-131 and the A6M3 or Yak-30 is less time consuming and frustrating than farming a 10 token mission in tier4. I dont like them in their current state and i have pointed out-as many of us had- in the past that its one of the most important things for everyone (old and new) that needs to change,its not fancy-like a new line-but its for us all to enjoy! At least unchain them and make the reward scale for tiers!! Also: Missions could reward different stuff depending on the era,like credits and xp in tiers1-4 and free xp/crew xp multipliers to t5-10 even a daily system could be emplemented,were if you complete at least one daily,every day, from monday to friday, you get two days of premium for the weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users