Remove or replace this skin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12990 battles

I've asked before and was promised that it would be looked into, but that was months ago and nothing happened ..

The Netherlands was an ALLIED country during WWII and its pilots, soldiers and sailors fought against Germany and Japan. So why is the only plane in the game with Dutch markings a Nazi Germany plane ??!!

Not only is this plain wrong, but also an offense.

Edited by GonerNL, 26 August 2019 - 10:07 AM.

GonerNL #2 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12990 battles

@blindfold ; bump

I understand that people payed for this (well ...) but in that case replace it with something accurate.

And paint jobs for allied (!) planes that actually flew with Dutch markings would be nice too. There is even a camo for the P-40 for Turkey that didn't even join the war until the Axis was already down and almost beaten.

Edited by GonerNL, 29 August 2019 - 02:12 PM.

blindfoId #3 Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles
Hi GonerNL, we passed that along to the team and they did look into it. I'll try to bring this to their attention once again, thank you for a reminder. :honoring:

Sidus_Preclarum #4 Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7580 battles

I have it for now (bought with creds), didn't know it was NL.:unsure:

I have won some way or another a French skin for the p36 hawk… Looks fine with that yellow and orange stripped nose…which I later found out was the distinctive markings of the Vichy France aircrafts… :(

Ditto, I have put unwittingly a Condor legion skill on my 109B :hiding:

Having info on the plane skins would be nice.

Gufo_Tave #5 Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:00 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1555 battles

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 29 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I have it for now (bought with creds), didn't know it was NL.:unsure:

I have won some way or another a French skin for the p36 hawk… Looks fine with that yellow and orange stripped nose…which I later found out was the distinctive markings of the Vichy France aircrafts… :(

Ditto, I have put unwittingly a Condor legion skill on my 109B :hiding:

Having info on the plane skins would be nice.

Well, at least the P36 with Vichy marking is an Hystorical plane.

But frankly speaking, this "Dutch" Ju 88 is something i never seen before (maybe a captured plane? Honestly, i don't know)

In engineering, could exist not-optimal solution, but ridiculus ones... never
In most cases, the right question is not "why?".  In most cases, the right question is "why not?".
A ridiculous decision is the madness of a moment. A ridiculous person is the madness of a life.

GonerNL #6 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12990 battles

Most national/historical skins are more or less correct, like the French P-36, the I-16 in Spanish republican colors. Also the 109's and Stuka in Hungarian etc. markings. I use those too. Or the Czech La-5. My favourite is the Normandy-Niemen Yak-3.

But the Ju-88P is just fantasy nonsense ; they could have picked other planes that actually did fly with the orange triangles.

Even the P-36 is OK, when France was defeated Vichy kept flying them. In fact the Netherlands had ordered some, which were diverted to the East Indies when Europe was occupied and fought there against Japan with the Netherlands east Indies Air Force. Like the Buffalo, P-40 etc ... but no Dutch markings there.

Edited by GonerNL, 30 August 2019 - 08:26 AM.

Frateras #7 Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:22 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 10420 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
Yes that skin does not make sense aside from the fact that the whole plane does not make sense in this game at all. I  mean a flying TD in a game without tanks is useless.

Edited by Frateras, 17 October 2019 - 10:42 PM.

Black Ships Ate The Sky                                                                                                                              Exterminating Angel

Lucifer over London

30 Seconds Over Tokyo

The Mercy Seat                                                                                                                                                                    Room To Live

GonerNL #8 Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 12990 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 29 August 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hi GonerNL, we passed that along to the team and they did look into it. I'll try to bring this to their attention once again, thank you for a reminder. :honoring:

Promises, promises ...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users