In appreciation of - The Hornet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3911 battles

I didn't really like this plane at first. I'm not a big fan of Heavies anyway and the first few times I flew it felt a bit like a bus in the sky especially if jumping in directly after a few battles in a twitchy fighter.

But I grew on me. Possibly because I was flying the Fw190-D a lot and trying to make proper BnZ work in the new flight model. 

Sure, it does take a week to turn, even with an aerobatic pilot but the power! The sheer power of this plane! It might be the first plane I've flown where Boom and Zoom is still actually a thing. The hornet is fast, it can climb and it's boost will get you from tearing a GAA a new hole at sea level right up to max altitude before it runs out. 

And it seems to regenerate pretty fast too. 

Add a cooling pack for another 10 seconds of boost just in case of emergencies and let rip.

And oh....when you open fire, it's the most gorgeous thing. Enemy aircraft just break apart. The range is good too, and the burst length also. 

This is perhaps the only aircraft I've flown since getting back into WoWp where if I mess up my first pass I can boost out vertical and get away with it. 

I might go as far as saying this aircraft is OP. But, of course its got me flying it so nobody really needs to worry. :-p

dapprman #2 Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha Tester
  • 1744 battles
  • [YARRR] YARRR
The hornet is ok, certainly better than the badly represented Mossy.  I do miss the Beaufighter though - not surprised to see topped out (lots of money spent on) Beaus when I'm in T5 games with 3+ players each side.  TBH I'll be glad to be out of the Hornet, but it's my first tier 7 heavy so I can't compare it with anything else.

Edited by dapprman, 15 September 2019 - 08:23 PM.

Ziptop #3 Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3911 battles

View Postdapprman, on 15 September 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

The hornet is ok, certainly better than the badly represented Mossy.  I do miss the Beaufighter though - not surprised to see topped out (lots of money spent on) Beaus when I'm in T5 games with 3+ players each side.  TBH I'll be glad to be out of the Hornet, but it's my first tier 7 heavy so I can't compare it with anything else.

Yes, Hornet was my first T7 so indeed at the time I had nothing else to compare it with. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users