Jump to content


Win % and Bot and the human player.


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ASharpPencil #1 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1369 battles
  • 53
  • [ORCA] ORCA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Not sure who come in a game that as 90% of aircraft in a round are Bot, why so many human players have negative win %.

1 will think that game with small player base, the human will learn mach faster what smart and what is not...



zen_monk_ #2 Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:04 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 7478 battles
  • 2,405
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Yes, very good question.

 

Here's a debate on the same subject by a very experienced player who knows all the tactics against every model airplane.

 

http://forum.worldof...mal-game-plays/


stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


Discontinued #3 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1748 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

View PostASharpPencil, on 07 September 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Not sure who come in a game that as 90% of aircraft in a round are Bot, why so many human players have negative win %.

1 will think that game with small player base, the human will learn mach faster what smart and what is not...

 

They are yes because when they become negative its because of them unless you change it.


 

 

 "May cause the explode problem"


Discontinued #4 Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1748 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

 

 


Edited by Discontinued, 07 September 2019 - 04:02 PM.

 

 

 "May cause the explode problem"


Emtod #5 Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4022 battles
  • 98
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostASharpPencil, on 07 September 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

... why so many human players have negative win %.

....

 

Its eays to explain.

I often have the opportunity to watch the other humans playing - i see fighters attacking ground targets, GA hunting fighters, HF trying to circle Fighters and MR hunting bombers.

Also very popular to dogfight outside the zones.

For such players even pressing the start-battle-button is mental high performance, so you cant expect them to know what to do with their plane.

The result is, that the WG-Bots perform better than such human players.

 

I can recommend you to read the link posted by zen_monk_ - very funny.

Btw - i had the privilege to play some games with this WoWp-Hero (in my team and in the opposing team) --> i hope you can imagine where i made my described observations.

 

In this context i have two special friends, both have around 35% WR (both can be taken as an example):

 

JARMINATOR -  a well known bot user. This guy uses a bot instead of playing by himself.

Bluepigeon -  This guy is playing by himself but his goal is to loose. I had some coversations in chat with him. Luckily he is very very seldom in my team - every time when he notices me, he tries actively to sabotage and loose the game (cause he knows that i like to win). But even for this he is too incompetent and so he extremely rarely succeeds in messing up the game for me.

 

(Sorry for my bad english, but this is not my native language)


Edited by Emtod, 07 September 2019 - 06:33 PM.


ASharpPencil #6 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1369 battles
  • 53
  • [ORCA] ORCA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

OMG  I just cheeked this Bluepigeon ... what fun he get from that!!!

And that JARMINATOR...

The Bluepigeon  as 92K game in WOT...and only 36 top gun but only 200 ~ in WoWs.

 



Ensign_Steel #7 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 1671 battles
  • 119
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostASharpPencil, on 08 September 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

OMG  I just cheeked this Bluepigeon ... what fun he get from that!!!

And that JARMINATOR...

The Bluepigeon  as 92K game in WOT...and only 36 top gun but only 200 ~ in WoWs.

 

My guess is they're getting the fun simply from the joy of playing the game. For them it might not matter if they win or lose, for them it's fun either way.


Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have [whopee] with it


jabbasDaD #8 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:44 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4911 battles
  • 521
  • Member since:
    11-04-2013
@emtod. For some of them your Observation makes Sense. Most of them Just Not interested in learning Something about Performance in this Game. Everthing has to come from heaven without any affort. Sabotage for purpose is seldom i think. 

Emtod #9 Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4022 battles
  • 98
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostjabbasDaD, on 08 September 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

@emtod. For some of them your Observation makes Sense. Most of them Just Not interested in learning Something about Performance in this Game. Everthing has to come from heaven without any affort. Sabotage for purpose is seldom i think. 


 I agree with you. Sabotage is luckily very seldom - but i can confirm that my special friend Bluepigeon is one of such "players" trying to destroy the game for other humans.

Every! game i met this guy he played destructive. This means f.e. that he flies into a zone and crashes into ground (not by mistake) with the goal that the opposing team get the zone faster.

 

 



houghtonbee #10 Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3690 battles
  • 448
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostEmtod, on 08 September 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:


 I agree with you. Sabotage is luckily very seldom - but i can confirm that my special friend Bluepigeon is one of such "players" trying to destroy the game for other humans.

Every! game i met this guy he played destructive. This means f.e. that he flies into a zone and crashes into ground (not by mistake) with the goal that the opposing team get the zone faster.

 

 

 

Imagine how sad and empty their life must be to spend a not insignificant amount of time messing up a game for people they have never and almost certainly will never meet. Especially when you consider how frustrating many of the bugs, crashes, disconnects and load times can be. 

 

They probably need real mental help, or at least a decent hug.



ASharpPencil #11 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:45 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1369 battles
  • 53
  • [ORCA] ORCA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posthoughtonbee, on 08 September 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

 

Imagine how sad and empty their life must be to spend a not insignificant amount of time messing up a game for people they have never and almost certainly will never meet. Especially when you consider how frustrating many of the bugs, crashes, disconnects and load times can be. 

 

They probably need real mental help, or at least a decent hug.

 +1 to that...



GonerNL #12 Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 9240 battles
  • 1,861
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

Don't forget that the the higher you get the "better" the bots get ... on high tiers the program/game helps them to pull impossible maneuvers, one-shot-kill players with heavy caliber and rockets under angles that no human player can pull off.

You often see battles where bots come first place with fantastic scores.

 

Yesterday I had games where the same bot just kept coming after me, ignoring all else.


Edited by GonerNL, 09 September 2019 - 08:03 AM.


Discontinued #13 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1748 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

View PostEnsign_Steel, on 08 September 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

My guess is they're getting the fun simply from the joy of playing the game. For them it might not matter if they win or lose, for them it's fun either way.

 

No Hyva

 

I sometimes just mess around, fight outside cap circles, do silly stuff like experimenting to see if i can achieve my goal of shooting down a bomber with a GAA or trying to fly the whole battle inverted while taking screen shots 

 

 


 

 

 "May cause the explode problem"


Emtod #14 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4022 battles
  • 98
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGonerNL, on 09 September 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Don't forget that the the higher you get the "better" the bots get ... on high tiers the program/game helps them to pull impossible maneuvers, one-shot-kill players with heavy caliber and rockets under angles that no human player can pull off.

You often see battles where bots come first place with fantastic scores.

 

Yesterday I had games where the same bot just kept coming after me, ignoring all else.

 

eh, no! The day i notice that this happens more than 1 of 100 games to me is the day i stop playing this game and uninstall it.

To be honest, i cant remember much games where a bot becomes 1st place in my team. (i would be ashamed)

 



bug #15 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:20 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 8803 battles
  • 106
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Had the luck of having JARMINATOR on my team. As normal his plane (elited baufighter) went from one side of the map to the other until someone shot it down. I think he only pilot his plane like 1 out of 20 times he start a round.

ASharpPencil #16 Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:34 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1369 battles
  • 53
  • [ORCA] ORCA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

If is so famous why WG dont suspend is account? 

Are we not suffering enough from there Bots?

 

Back to topic,  human beings are so hard to understand. 



0berhessen #17 Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:20 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3924 battles
  • 730
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View Postbug, on 09 September 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

Had the luck of having JARMINATOR on my team. As normal his plane (elited baufighter) went from one side of the map to the other until someone shot it down. I think he only pilot his plane like 1 out of 20 times he start a round.


his usual use of the game, start a battle - then goes doing something else obviously - remember his name, if he is in the enemy team, its an easy win


There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Discontinued #18 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1748 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

View Post0berhessen, on 10 September 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:


his usual use of the game, start a battle - then goes doing something else obviously - remember his name, if he is in the enemy team, its an easy win

 

After the win report him :izmena:

 

 

I ALWAYS report the obvious repeat AFK players and sealclubbers (not that it will do any good but hopefully enough reports will eventually trigger something).


 

 

 "May cause the explode problem"


GonerNL #19 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 9240 battles
  • 1,861
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View PostDiscontinued, on 10 September 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

 enough reports will eventually trigger something).

 

Yeah, they'll ban you for spamming  :teethhappy:



0berhessen #20 Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:05 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3924 battles
  • 730
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View PostDiscontinued, on 10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

 

After the win report him :izmena:

 

 

I ALWAYS report the obvious repeat AFK players and sealclubbers (not that it will do any good but hopefully enough reports will eventually trigger something).


of course, i forgot to mention it. i always encourage all players in the own and in the enemy team to report this guy


There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users