• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Emtod #21 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4118 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Post0berhessen, on 11 September 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

of course, i forgot to mention it. i always encourage all players in the own and in the enemy team to report this guy

Edited? are you playing another game than me? which players?

The best game i ever had was 5 vs 5 humans. Usually ist 1-3 vs 1-3.

Taking in account that to get WGs attention you need a certain number of reports in a given time, its more likely that the hell freezes than that this bot-user gets a ban.

I bet the "smart" (cough, cough) brains in WG forgot to ajust the report-system on the real playerbase, so that you need 5-10 reports in a single battle several times, to trigger the system.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 11 September 2019 - 02:31 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

prawiejakzywiec666 #22 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8550 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Emtod - sometimes I was fighting like 8vs8 or 9vs9. Usually is like 3vs3 or 4vs4 - on normal evening hours. In my opinion bots play better than most of the human players (of course there are exceptions).

chikken

Sidus_Preclarum #23 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6063 battles
For starters, bots don't get goaded into killing themselves by ramming your GAA. :trollface:

Discontinued #24 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1984 battles

I dunno whether it was a Bug or something but I noticed once that "Douglas" who is a bot, had the option to report block, etc etc, as I usually hit right click at the beginning of a game to establish who is and who isn't a bot...

So one day Douglas was not a bot,,,I'm wondering whether admin or the developers can piggy back on bot accounts and slip under the radar 

"May cause the explode problem"

Sidus_Preclarum #25 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6063 battles

https://worldofwarpl...lb_nick=Douglas

apartclassic #26 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20468 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

There are a few people using bot-like nicks. There is a bot Furugori, and there is a player Furugori - as an example. Sneaky tactics, doesn't really work when said players fly specced planes.

As to bots not ramming GAA - they do, especially when both are bots and one is chasing the other. It happens pretty often, because bots operate throttle better than humans do, and don't care about stalling, so the pursuing bot doesn't have the speed to avoid (and keep in mind bot GAA/bombers are scripted to go for rams when possible, they actively turn the way the attacker is headed). Does happen in head-ons too, because bot logic doesn't include survival - they ram each other quite often. Though it's much more difficult (because bots have access to player's controls input, they 'know' where are you going), it is possible both to goad a boat to crash into your GAA, and to catch one in a bomb trap.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Sidus_Preclarum #27 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6063 battles
The guys probably chose their nocks before bots were a t thing.

zen_monk_ #28 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7701 battles
  • [__] __

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 11 September 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

The guys probably chose their nocks before bots were a t thing.

Old WoT accounts, from alpha/beta, when there was still zillions of unused simple names to be used. And the account goes for all three games.

For a month or two you could pick a simple Mark, Otto, whatever. Then a new guy had to use Mark_ etc...

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Aimless #29 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzen_monk_, on 11 September 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Old WoT accounts, from alpha/beta, when there was still zillions of unused simple names to be used. And the account goes for all three games.

For a month or two you could pick a simple Mark, Otto, whatever. Then a new guy had to use Mark_ etc...

Lies. When I created my account in December 2010 (that was long before WoWP even started the alpha test), I wanted to chose Adolf. They wouldn't let me. So I tried Herrmann, Josef, Erwin, even Mark and Otto. Nothing worked! That's why I ended up as Aimless :unsure:

/jk

zen_monk_ #30 Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7701 battles
  • [__] __
I got there in a first month or so in 1.0. My name Adam was already used, as almost all of the simple first names. I came too late, Some guys from my first clan who were alphas/betas had a simple name.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

deaxter_hero #31 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5666 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
This is a good time perhaps to explain origin of my in-game name of deaxter_hero which does not really look like a symbol of humility :hiding:. The account has been created by my - at that time - 10 year old son during WoWp Open Beta. His favourite TV character was Dexter at that time. That name was taken, so he tried deaxter but that was taken as well and the game offered him a _hero suffix. I started to play on his account and just "inherited" the name and after grinding some planes just got used to it. At least I got a funny question once from some new player asking me whether I was awarded the _hero suffix for some kind of in-game achievement... :medal:

1.9 stats: ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ----   Fighter (37%)   Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

Discontinued #32 Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1984 battles

Well Ed is already used so is my surname , so i Went with Fartenstein on my WOT account, for a while i was running around as Fartmunch, Krapulon  and Hemorrh0id_,  I began to grow  a little tired of juvenile names, then i went with __Ed__ But it became to personal when someone PM'ed me calling me Edward it creeped me out., it felt too close to home.

So I settled on Discontinued after Null was used up, If you ever heard the real life story of a guy who changed his name to Null, you may understand my motivation. 

https://www.wired.com/2015/11/null/

I remember the 1st few Battles in WOT using Discontinued Suddenly a team mate started saying "what has been discontinued, why did they wipe your name?

Then on the WOT forums It made it look as if a thread had been closed.

Ha ha Mission accomplished,

But getting back to the original post,

After going to my shooting club we go for a pint or 3 in the evening which is a tradition,

I had rather a large amount of alcohol and when i got home, I decided to hell with, it its Sabre time, I was broke with a meager 200k, it was potentially a risk of losing a lot of dough and going broke if I lost to many games

Guess what happened?

I didn't lose a single game all night, I was on fire, no matter how badly I played I just kept winning,No matter how little effort I made, I stopped caring, I stopped trying to dominate the map,capping everything,  I trusted my bot team mates I simply didn't give a damn about win/lose.

This morning was the polar opposite 3 games all defeats. 1000% nothing to do with my hangover and I wasnt playing like trash either cough cough :sceptic:

Bizarrely tier 10 was quite populated at this time of day. There are far too many of those pesky tier 10 GAA's and bombers, but at 7 am. Is there an event running, as I've never had an "instant join" on a tier 10 game at that time of day. i was hoping for an all bot game?

I've noticed something for a while, is there some obscure country that has the day off on Tuesdays and  Wednesdays meaning everyone is online thus ruining my solitude. The Peoples Republic of Khakashetia  are ruining my game.....:izmena:

I'm sure others must have detected this worrying trend. My advice would be. Never play on Tuesdays  it truly is, the new weekend and is in no way related to me having a hangover.

Fact!

Edited by Discontinued, 17 September 2019 - 11:25 AM.

"May cause the explode problem"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users