Seeking all Joystick users.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2161 battles

Just wondering how many of us play with joystick rather than mouse and keys? (and if so, what setup are you using?) 

I'm currently looking at adding a throttle and maybe rudder pedals to this (and other games I play) so wanted to scope out users who might already have some interesting kit.

Grison_SE #2 Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2087 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
When I started to play this game, (which by the way was by pure accident, I was looking for my Combat Flight Simulator discs which I of course had mislaid somewhere in this mess of a home office. Searched around the web for downloads of the game, and came across this site) I used my Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D for the first 100-200 battles. Tried the mouse/kbd after an update that messed up peoples settings for joysticks and found out that I liked it better, and played better too, (at least less worse) but I feel the urge to start using the stick again. Maybe register on the NA server and start from the beginning there.
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

GonerNL #3 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9252 battles

Playing with a Thrustmaster T.16000M after my third Logitech Extreme 3D broke (this time all buttons on the stick itself stopped working, before that the X/Y axis in the stick gave out).

This stick feels a lot 'tougher', so I hope it survives my heavy handed play-style.

And if the rest of the Thrustmaster stuff is a good as the stick, they also have throttle and pedals (HOTAS version).

Edited by GonerNL, 09 September 2019 - 09:02 AM.

Ziptop #4 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 2161 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 09 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Playing with a Thrustmaster T.16000M after my third Logitech Extreme 3D broke (this time all buttons on the stick itself stopped working, before that the X/Y axis in the stick gave out).

This stick feels a lot 'tougher', so I hope it survives my heavy handed play-style.

And if the rest of the Thrustmaster stuff is a good as the stick, they also have throttle and pedals (HOTAS version).

Hi GonerNL 

Yes, I've got a T16000 stick myself. It's ok but I'm looking at starting to invest in some more serious kit - and that indeed is going to involve going down the HOTAS road and getting throttle and pedals also. 

Am interested in the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle but open to other input. As a lefty certain adaptations might be required to make whatever I get a little more comfortable.

GonerNL #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9252 battles

The T.16000M is easily converted for lefthanded use, so you probably already did that.

That means you have to use right hand for the throttle anyway, right ? It can't be converted, I noticed.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/143390-left-hand-stick-and-right-hand-throttle/

Ziptop #6 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 2161 battles

There are no such things as "can't" or "never" - a little Dremel action here, some 3d printing there and "voila" 

However, I am indeed looking for usefull resources like the one you posted.- or indeed actual users who have stripped their own throttles down and know what they look like inside. - knowing this stuff will help me chose a throttle which CAN be modified. (Without too much fuss) 

dreambill #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4186 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

I use a Logitech 3D (4th - 5th in a row, I lost count) They all brake at around 1 year more or less from various reasons. The good thing is they are replaced with new ones due to 3 years Warranty, so no reason to switch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users