Fall Campaign

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Make this fall hotter when fighting for the unique McDonnell XF-85 Goblin and many other valuable prizes!

Full news text

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8251 battles
  • [__] __
:honoring:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Exhall #3 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:21 PM

Senior Airman

• 6372 battles
So only a handful of the very best players will get anything at all? I'll pass. Will there be anything for the rest of us to do for the next 3 months or should we find another game?

apartclassic #4 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Now this is awesome, very ambitious, and the prizes are really worth it. Wowser! My only regret is that I already have the planes... How about compensation rules for this one - is any compenstation considered? That is, if I manage to get the required chevrons :)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

blindfoId #5 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostExhall, on 09 September 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

So only a handful of the very best players will get anything at all? I'll pass. Will there be anything for the rest of us to do for the next 3 months or should we find another game?

Each of the six events will have two or more top-30 ratings. For example, we have an event for, let's say, German and Soviet bombers. Then we'll have 4 ratings (German Mastery, German Perseverance, Soviet Mastery, Soviet Perseverance) - basically, 120 places for that event. And the first event will have even more, so the Curtiss P-36C Hawk together with crates is really easy to get. 

View Postapartclassic, on 09 September 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Now this is awesome, very ambitious, and the prizes are really worth it. Wowser! My only regret is that I already have the planes... How about compensation rules for this one - is any compenstation considered? That is, if I manage to get the required chevrons :)

Full prize compensation included! :honoring:

Edited by blindfoId, 09 September 2019 - 12:25 PM.

kaloianxxl #6 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:33 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 8682 battles

View PostExhall, on 09 September 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

Only those who make more than 50 fights a day and they are not good players.

The chance to win top prizes is minimal because the few people who play this buggy game does not deserve them.

Edited by kaloianxxl, 09 September 2019 - 12:36 PM.

Exhall #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 6372 battles
So most of us will still get nothing. A shame. 

blindfoId #8 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostExhall, on 09 September 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

You won't know if you don't try. I'm quite sure that there'll be enough places to take. 

apartclassic #9 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:42 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Postkaloianxxl, on 09 September 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

Only those who make more than 50 fights a day and they are not good players.

The chance to win top prizes is minimal because the few people who play this buggy game does not deserve them.

View PostExhall, on 09 September 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but .....

There is a competition. There are prizes for the best competitors. They have real value (both in time invested, and in real money). Are you guys complaining the conditions are too tough? Or is it about this thing not being a give-away? Because.... competition = conditions to be met = high value rewards; I understand it would be nicer to be just given all those items, but this isn't the case (and if it was, I would be filling a ticket or a lawsuit immediately, because I paid tons of money for my Goblin). So what's the deal? What are the terms you propose?

zen_monk_ #10 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8251 battles
  • [__] __

My only gripe with this is - I have to take good care of my scores.

I have all the planes except this Kostikov (hey why not get it here for free) and must pay attention not to overshoot or undershoot which might be hard with this "without additional information in the game client". Waiting a week for the scores to be published is a bit tedious, not knowing in real time when to push or when to stop.

That's the only complaint. All else is GG WG.

Edited by zen_monk_, 09 September 2019 - 12:44 PM.

blindfoId #11 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 09 September 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

My only gripe with this is - I have to take good care of my scores.

I have all the planes except this Kostikov (hey why not get it here for free) and must pay attention not to overshoot or undershoot which might be hard with this "without additional information in the game client". Waiting a week for the scores to be published is a bit tedious, not knowing in real time when to push or when to stop.

That's the only complaint. All else is GG WG.

You are familiar with this type of events, it's like Friedrich vs Lightning or For King and Country. It usually takes a couple of days actually, not a week. Still, to be on the safe side we take a week. :)

Exhall #12 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 6372 battles

I'm not asking to be given something for nothing, I'm asking for an incentive to play, which this event does not provide. You veterans at the top can slug it out if you like but us normal players won't get close. Just a regular 3 months for us.

zen_monk_ #13 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8251 battles
  • [__] __

View PostExhall, on 09 September 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'm not asking to be given something for nothing, I'm asking for an incentive to play, which this event does not provide. You veterans at the top can slug it out if you like but us normal players won't get close. Just a regular 3 months for us.

Quite the contrary, mate - at least that's how i see it. I am a veteran, meaning I have all the things they offer here (except one). So for me as a veteran it's boring, doesn't give anything I already don't have. Yawn...

But if I was a newbie, anything from the list  would be a nice freebie, hooray!

Edited by zen_monk_, 09 September 2019 - 01:04 PM.

Exhall #14 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 6372 battles
Quite. The only people with a chance of getting the rewards are those who already have them. It's a great way of not actually giving any prizes.

Edited by Exhall, 09 September 2019 - 01:00 PM.

apartclassic #15 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:00 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

Irony and sarcasm aside (I'm guilty! and I apologize), I understand your point to a certain degree. This is however an MMO - have you seen any MMO that doesn't ask you for your presence 24/7, that doesn't want you to be glued to your computer? We don't know the particulars yet, but nothing else was to be expected - players invest time and effort (a lot of both) to be given something in this MMO. The scale of involvement is subject to subjectivity though...

View Postzen_monk_, on 09 September 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

Quite the contrary, mate - at least that's how i see it. I am a veteran, meaning I have all the things they offer here (except one). So for me as a veteran it's boring, doesn't give anything I already don't have. Yawn...

But if I was a newbie, everything would be a nice freebie, hooray!

Exactly this. Apart from the sport and competition just to be on the list, there's nothing really attractive for me in this event as well. Were I new to the game however... My oh my, I would love this - at least for a chance of getting valuable freebies.

Exhall #16 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 6372 battles
If you were a newbie, you wouldn't get them. You would be competing with people like you. How often do you get beaten by newbies? Often enough for them to finish in the top 5  for 6 weekends?

blindfoId #17 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles
Do not be discouraged Exhall! We'll have a couple of things to go for every player :) Marathons, missions that are easy to accomplish and sweet rewards for simply playing the game. This campaign is just one of them, though I still hope you'll try to take part, it's not that impossible as it might seem. 

kaloianxxl #18 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 8682 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 09 September 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Do not be discouraged Exhall! We'll have a couple of things to go for every player :) Marathons, missions that are easy to accomplish and sweet rewards for simply playing the game. This campaign is just one of them, though I still hope you'll try to take part, it's not that impossible as it might seem. 

Players like me you will win the best prizes or those that will make 100 daily battles?

zen_monk_ #19 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8251 battles
  • [__] __

View PostblindfoId, on 09 September 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I fully confirm.

In these events / marathons it's perseverance, not the brilliant game or two.

GonerNL #20 Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9725 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 09 September 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

This is however an MMO - 

No it isn't ... the first M stands for 'massive(ly)' and the second for multiplayer, right ?? Wowp is anything but massive multiplayer IMHO.

Oh, another thing ; with this event running all Fall, what happens to the IM Beaufighter ??

Edited by GonerNL, 09 September 2019 - 01:13 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users