• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Horcan #41 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5501 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

self deleted

Edited by Horcan, 28 October 2019 - 05:28 PM.

Retired from this censored BS forum

Spartan_93 #42 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1296 battles
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2

View PostblindfoId, on 10 September 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

It's not "only", it's as many as. Once again, take a look at the previous events of this kind (For King and Country, Magnificient Lightning and so on), we don't even had all places taken usually, and there were only two-three tops.

You mean, that is one of these events, where you just have two/three days to play a lot of battles with specific planes?

That kind of events, that I always ignore, because I have to work on Friday and Saturday and I don't have the time to play that much battles or because I don't have the specific planes or you have do something else than playing one plane for a complette weekend?

Sounds not really better than before.

Edited by Spartan_93, 10 September 2019 - 09:12 AM.

blindfoId #43 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostSpartan_93, on 10 September 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

You mean, that is one of these events, where you just have two/three days to play a lot of battles with specific planes?

That kind of events, that I always ignore, because I have to work on Friday and Saturday and I don't have the time to play that much battles or because I don't have the specific planes or you have do something else than playing one plane for a complette weekend?

Sounds not really better than before.

And it's purely your choice. As mentioned multiple times, most of the events will have Mastery ratings were you need just to play a needed amount of battles (usually 10). 

Horcan #44 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5501 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View PostblindfoId, on 10 September 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

And it's purely your choice. As mentioned multiple times, most of the events will have Mastery ratings were you need just to play a needed amount of battles (usually 10). 

self deleted

zen_monk_ #45 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8245 battles
  • [__] __

View PostHorcan, on 10 September 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

And its less and less people choice. How many more of this kind of events you need to realise only those 10-15 that win everytime are interested in? ANd everybody else just abandons this game?

Hey, you're back. Welcome!

Let's see: two out of three obligatory points covered: 1 - you don't like this game, 2 - no one is playing it. The only thing is missing, 3 - you're here only for gold for Tanks.

And oh yes, the bombers.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Horcan #46 Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5501 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

self deleted

blindfoId #47 Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostHorcan, on 10 September 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

I didnt said i dont like the game, i dont like the direction it is going to. Even blindfold said no one is playing it, by confirming that fact that they cant even fill the winning places in events. Im here only for gold for tanks because they dont give me a reason to be here for planes. WIn prizes and planes for what? More mindless slaughtering of bots in the way too broken random MM?

PS: i never left, i just dont post on gameplay section anymore.

I never said that, don't misinterpret my words, please. The places are not filled simply because players every time think that they won't even try as they are not good enough and all places will be taken.

Also please avoid off-topic and non-constructive posts, just a reminder.  

apartclassic #48 Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

Just an aside - I don't remember any other announcement getting so vivid discussion. A contest with prizes being so contested? Surprising.

Regarding the same people being in rankings and other contests always - there are some that play it exactly because of that, and they will always compete. People with hundreds of hours in a single plane, doing their best to be 'the bestest', or farming certain plane/tier during an event, or flighting in meta planes - you know what I mean. Some of them will be ranked high in this event too, not because they don't have the prizes (though Goblin being so rare you can bet some people will genuinely try), but because they have to be top dogs.

Regardless of the form WG/Persha takes with anything competitive, you will have to go against people with more time on their hands, or more dedication to the game, or more - sorry to be repetitive - competitive approach. Most of you who criticize this event seem to be doing it with the mindset of 'will not try anyway because THEY will win regardless' - if you think so, why bother typing here at all? I'd think a single post of 'conditions to hard to meet for me, won't try' would do - because no amount of rubbing it in will change what's already in motion.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

BravelyRanAway #49 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4084 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postapartclassic, on 10 September 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Regardless of the form WG/Persha takes with anything competitive, you will have to go against people with more time on their hands, or more dedication to the game, or more - sorry to be repetitive - competitive approach. Most of you who criticize this event seem to be doing it with the mindset of 'will not try anyway because THEY will win regardless' - if you think so, why bother typing here at all? I'd think a single post of 'conditions to hard to meet for me, won't try' would do - because no amount of rubbing it in will change what's already in motion.

I was just pointing out that in Frontline in WoT, everyone who gets the required points gets the top prize......there is no limit on the amount of players to win the top prize(so, no 30 limit). The result of this is that everyone tries and the server is full.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Grison_SE #50 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2545 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I neither have the time, nor the skills to be in that top player list, I will just play the game as I usually do, with a couple of battles nearly every day. If I happen to be so fortunate that I receive a price thats fine and welcome but not essential.
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

apartclassic #51 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 September 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

I was just pointing out that in Frontline in WoT, everyone who gets the required points gets the top prize......there is no limit on the amount of players to win the top prize(so, no 30 limit). The result of this is that everyone tries and the server is full.

Now that is an idea I personally like :)

Aimless #52 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2718 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrison_SE, on 10 September 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

I neither have the time, nor the skills to be in that top player list, I will just play the game as I usually do, with a couple of battles nearly every day. If I happen to be so fortunate that I receive a price thats fine and welcome but not essential.

I'm gonna do it the same way. Feeling obliged to be successful in a WG title ends in frustration anyway, always! :teethhappy:

zen_monk_ #53 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8245 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGrison_SE, on 10 September 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

I will just play the game as I usually do, with a couple of battles nearly every day. If I happen to be so fortunate that I receive a price thats fine and welcome but not essential.

Exactly.

Only will pick planes for the event, all else stays the same.

apartclassic #54 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View Postzen_monk_, on 10 September 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

Exactly.

Only will pick planes for the event, all else stays the same.

Sadly, there's no event for Fluffy (yet) ...

zen_monk_ #55 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8245 battles
  • [__] __
I've opted for Starfire.

GonerNL #56 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9722 battles
I really don't get all the negative comments ... it was the same with the previous events (For King & Country, Friedrich vs Lightning and Magnificent Lightning), where even a mediocre pilot like me, who can not play all weekend, managed to get in the top 30 (in planes that I do not fly everyday) and get at least some reward. And chances here to win something are even bigger, I think ...

zen_monk_ #57 Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8245 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 10 September 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

I really don't get all the negative comments ... it was the same with the previous events (For King & Country, Friedrich vs Lightning and Magnificent Lightning), where even a mediocre pilot like me, who can not play all weekend, managed to get in the top 30 (in planes that I do not fly everyday) and get at least some reward. And chances here to win something are even bigger, I think ...

Exactly.

Play as you usually play people, and we'll all be good.

GonerNL #58 Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9722 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 September 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

there is no limit on the amount of players to win the top prize(so, no 30 limit). 

I think that actually there is a limit of 30 ... to win the Goblin, you need 21-24 chevrons. In every event (of 6) only 30 people can win 4 chevrons (top 5 in 3 periods with each 2 ratings).

So to get the Goblin those 30 have to make sure they end in the 1-5 in five events and once in 6-10 to get the needed chevrons. Probably there will be even less than 30 who can manage that ...

Edited by GonerNL, 10 September 2019 - 02:41 PM.

Nibloke #59 Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 183 battles
SO nothing for little old me. :unsure:

Exhall #60 Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 6368 battles
Comparing this event to similar previous events isn't that great when those events weren't all that popular either. A lot of these Best-Of-The-Best only events with not much else hasn't encouraged participation from most of us average players. Probably a lot of complaints this time as we were hoping for something that would reward us for putting in the time instead of making us think "What's the point." If I put in the time required for this event I want to know I'm getting something for it, not just a slim chance. I could be using that time for something else more rewarding.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users