Fall Campaign

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

bug #81 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9269 battles
Just to be absolutely sure. Has it started or not? It states that its starting at 00.00. But is that this morning or this midnight?

houghtonbee #82 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3866 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
This morning.

andrew3142 #83 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 6258 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 September 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

So I've made 14 games today. 6 in the morning, the rest in pairs scattered truought the day.  All in Starfire.

The damage to areal targets went from by far worst with 2.6k to 17k the best, most of them above ~8-9k. (i'm targeting Perseverance)

Saturday and Sunday will play 10 games tops each day. Fair to assume the individual scores would be the same.

This is max I can do the gaming, these three days I got lucky with fewer chores than usual.

It would be interesting to see what will commitment like this bring.

I’ve played 15 games in my Spit XIV with damage scores ranging from 3.5k to 12k; around 100k total and 76k for my top 10

Can’t decide if I keep grinding period III or drop down and spread the love around 

Saw Zen once (one of my worst games) and invader kicked my arse in another game but when there were no witnesses things went better :hiding:

Edited by andrew3142, 13 September 2019 - 08:48 PM.

bug #84 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 9269 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 13 September 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

This morning.

Oh, and I've been wasting all rounds today doing daylies, as in killing 200 aa in low tiers.... ALL DAY!  My life is ruined.

Zen, watch out, Im gonna play (grind) my starfire as well :child:

GonerNL #85 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles

View Postandrew3142, on 13 September 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

with damage scores ranging from 3.5k to 12k;

but you have to score pp for destroying aerial targets, not damaging ... :unsure:

problem is that in my after battles that is 0 ... but I do get pp for destroying ada and enemies.

dreambill #86 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4342 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
Mine are also 0, so I suppose is the sum for ada and enemies, is that so Blinfold?

andrew3142 #87 Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:40 AM

Senior Airman

• 6258 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 13 September 2019 - 11:14 PM, said:

but you have to score pp for destroying aerial targets, not damaging ... :unsure:

problem is that in my after battles that is 0 ... but I do get pp for destroying ada and enemies.

Ahh, bugger - that means all my collected stats are pretty much useless :facepalm:

Don’t know where I got the idea it was for damage not kills!

(Many years ago a teacher told me that I’d find things easier if I answered the questions that were asked and not the ones I THOUGHT were asked - I guess it still applies!)

Thanks for the correction and I guess there’s still a good correlation between damage and kills(?)

blindfoId #88 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postdreambill, on 14 September 2019 - 02:32 AM, said:

Mine are also 0, so I suppose is the sum for ada and enemies, is that so Blinfold?

Yes, it's the sum of ADA, enemies and attack flight aircraft (bomber flights from CC). 

zen_monk_ #89 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7684 battles
  • [__] __

View Postandrew3142, on 14 September 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

Ahh, bugger - that means all my collected stats are pretty much useless :facepalm:

Don’t know where I got the idea it was for damage not kills!

Same here.

Oh well, off I go to my local bistro for a nice Saturday sunny morning coffee :teethhappy:

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

GonerNL #90 Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 September 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Yes, it's the sum of ADA, enemies and attack flight aircraft (bomber flights from CC). 

So why is 'for destroying aerial targets' always zero ?

CaptainAim #91 Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

Senior Airman

• 4830 battles

Why not see your best 10 battles rank?

I understand showing overall rank in  event requires lots of computing power, but showing to each player his last 10 best battles with no comparison to other scores would not be hard to do. So why did not WG do that?

And a bigger why: Why didn't WG solved all known bugs before releasing the event?

I am referring to these bugs:

1. - occasionally having to shoot at invisible planes (just the text above them is visible) (rare)
  2. - target marker / reticle is offset after respawn (rare)
  3. - ground targets have no marker above them, so you get a lot of flak fire and normal aa fire without knowing which aa is shooting at you (bug appears when playing bombers or ground attackers and flying over a sector not previously conquered, the target markers are white but only a few of them are showing if lucky) (occurring very often)
  4. - black screen or game freeze after battle end (occasional)
  5. - partial or total loss of sound (used to be frequent, less frequent now, confirmed by other people)
  6.  - credits not updating after battle (rare I think, not sure)
  7. - showing unlocked modules after battles available for purchase though they are already researched and installed ( frequent)
  8. many more I can't remember right now, but at least as bugging as the above ones.

But the worst of all is the Rigged Matchmaking:

So I enter the game I select a plane I score over 20,000 points, next battle 17,000 and the third battle 10,000 with difficulty. And from that point on I think I played at least 10 if not 20 awful battles. The worst one was vs a flight of 2 spitfires with me making 13,000 points and my teammate barely 1600 points, that's almost 10 times less. Battle lost despite surpassing enemy spits in points.

Took another plane different tier same pattern occurred. First battle good, the rest disaster. So if I have to lose one good night of sleep just to get one 20k battle, it's not worth it. I'm not complaining over the quality of team mates. Because it is as bad also when you have a good team. The sectors are capped quickly, and in 4 minutes we win with a score of 5,000 to 7,000 points. So I do believe this is an algorithm meant to keep the game "challenging" and keep the players motivated. I do know for a fact that many game developers use this trick to keep players hooked for longer. I also know that this made me quit WoT years ago, and spend 20 times less time in WoWs starting one year ago. I also know that this is what made people leave the games completely ( referring to wows and wowp).

A quick recap:

1. You launch the game and wait for it to load.
  2. You witness the laggy loading of the game and blame the IT industry for not developing a faster ssd. You think about upgrades. You check the hardware store and a few benchmark websites to check if components are up to date. They still are.
  3. You breath.
  4. You select a plane and click Battle!
  5. You wait 90 seconds
  6. Opponents are found so you wait 30 more seconds
  7. The battle starts
  8.  You use all your boost to get quicker at the first sector. That's another 20-30 seconds
  9.  You get shot so 30 more seconds to get back into the battle
  10. You ask yourself why the japs didn't think to put an engine into the A6M1.
  11. You win. 5,000 points and you are first. You are proud.
  12. Then you see the battle duration 4 minutes. Less than all the waiting.
  13. Then you repeat indefinitely. Hour after hour. Day after day. Enduring the map spamming of noobs, the bugs, and the rigged matchmaking.
  14. Then you wait a few days or a week for the event results. You didn't win anything.
  15. You still ask yourself "why ?" when you search for the uninstall button.
  16. You hesitate and you blame it on bad luck, the teammates and on your astral sign.
  17. You decide to finally go to sleep, hoping bugs will be fixed, mates will learn to play and somebody will care about all this. Someday. Maybe. Not possibly. Just maybe.

And they say being a gamer is an easy parasitic life...

But one question still remains: "Is it worth it?"

Edited by Asklepi0s, 16 September 2019 - 02:28 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of red.

apartclassic #92 Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20468 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostCaptainAim, on 14 September 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Why not see your best 10 battles rank?

I understand showing overall rank in  event requires lots of computing power, but showing to each player his last 10 best battles with no comparison to other scores would not be hard to do. So why did not WG do that?

And a bigger why: Why didn't WG solved all known bugs before releasing the event?

I am referring to these bugs:

1. - occasionally having to shoot at invisible planes (just the text above them is visible) (rare)
  2. - target marker / reticle is offset after respawn (rare)
  3. - ground targets have no marker above them, so you get a lot of flak fire and normal aa fire without knowing which aa is shooting at you (bug appears when playing bombers or ground attackers and flying over a sector not previously conquered, the target markers are white but only a few of them are showing if lucky) (occurring very often)
  4. - black screen or game freeze after battle end (occasional)
  5. - partial or total loss of sound (used to be frequent, less frequent now, confirmed by other people)
  6.  - credits not updating after battle (rare I think, not sure)
  7. - showing unlocked modules after battles available for purchase though they are already researched and installed ( frequent)
  8. many more I can't remember right now, but at least as bugging as the above ones.

As to bugs part, I agree. What you listed are all long-standing issues, and they should've been resolved long time ago. It's been discussed or mentioned so many times already there's no point in me saying anything more here, nuff said.

As to the rest and your 'Riffed Matchmaking' section - either we're playing a different game or my game is broken. Or I'm doing something wrong. My experience is totally different. Again, this has been discussed so many times already, there's no point in dissecting the subject yet again. Suffice to say that such 'observations' and implying any sort of rigging (besides the basic stuff, common for each and every game, that's intended to keep you playing) is a big overinterpretation and looking in the wrong direction for answers that usually are completely within another aspect of one's gaming experience/style/ability. I appreciate your elegant styling of it though.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 16 September 2019 - 02:28 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

prawiejakzywiec666 #93 Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8530 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

About the "rigged MM". Yesterday I was flying on a specialized tier V british heavy - Beaufighter - with a clanmate (he was on the same plane). It happened that we were matched with tier 6 (Ki-102 and premium P-39N-1 Airacobra both specialized). Beaufighter has no chances against Ki102 so it was a very hard fight for us. After our team was victorious both of them were complaining about the matchmaker: F... MM, etc... Both.

How can you say so if you are top tier with specced / premium plane?

Edited by prawiejakzywiec666, 15 September 2019 - 06:50 AM.

chikken

GonerNL #94 Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles

View Postandrew3142, on 14 September 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

and I guess there’s still a good correlation between damage and kills(?)

Damage PP in my reports is about 4 x kill points ... don't know about others ?

BravelyRanAway #95 Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3963 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 15 September 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

How can you say so if you are top tier with specced / premium plane?

Because losing is WG's fault and winning is because of their skill.

This is basic stuff.:P

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

elgreco2000 #96 Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1098 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 September 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Because losing is WG's fault and winning is because of their skill.

This is basic stuff.:P

Playing tier 6 with 2 other players on the team. One had 2 games the other 13! We were cleverly matched against 3 players on the enemy team with over 3000 battles each all specialized!!! Clearly it was my lack of skill and exp that caused the defeat. I blame no body else but myself. Jokes aside I am not talking about rigged and all that nonsense... mm has been problimatic for years and needs to be looked at seriously.

BravelyRanAway #97 Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3963 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postelgreco2000, on 15 September 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Playing tier 6 with 2 other players on the team. One had 2 games the other 13! We were cleverly matched against 3 players on the enemy team with over 3000 battles each all specialized!!! Clearly it was my lack of skill and exp that caused the defeat. I blame no body else but myself. Jokes aside I am not talking about rigged and all that nonsense... mm has been problimatic for years and needs to be looked at seriously.

Perhaps read what I was specifically replying to first.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

CaptainAim #98 Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 4830 battles

The MM is like that on purpose. WG wants it to be that way. That's why I said it is rigged. If you think they can't do it the way players want it, you are wrong. They can. As a matter of fact they can do all they want without anybody even noticing it. The gameplay relies on a quite decent number of variables which can be changed. Like the chance to get an evenly balanced team. They could change that chance from 50% to 10%, and so on. Tweaking game servers parameters is a known thing for old gamers like me. Most game developers do it. The only exception is represented by games which get no updates or very rare updates.

Now back to this event, imagine this situation:

A good player, not the best, but good, plays a few hours each day, let's say 2 hours on average. His chance for the perseverance rating is zero versus bad players who play 10 hours per day for example. His chance for scoring in the mastery rating is low too, because the chance to get a battle where he could hold the advantage from the start (weak opponents and lack of competition in your own team) is about 5% maybe 10% in some days. Needing 10 best scores it is unlikely to get in top. 

On the other hand, if 50 players, who totally suck, play all day the same plane for 3 days they have a higher chance of making it to the top even if their knowledge of the game is moderate at best.

But what bugs me most is the lack of the possibility for a player to check his last 10 best scores, even off game or with a small delay.

And please don't throw at me any more MM disagreement because I am not complaining about the MM in general, but about it's effect on this particular event. Thanks.

Renwor #99 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2322 battles

The reason for low number of people flying required planes is simple: there is no hint of campaign in game client, so most players do not know about it. Me for example. I saw the "Fall campaign" announcement, but completely missed the "Let the battle begin article" - it would be interesting to know, how many times the "let the battle begin" article was displayed.

There is no denying that this low awarenes improves the win probability quite few times.

Even though I missed this weekend, I still may get the Goblin!   Just place five times in top five ...easy-peasy.  :sceptic:   (nope, not even trying)

Wait, it's just 4 chevrons for top rank, so nooooo, there goes my Goblin.

Edited by Renwor, 16 September 2019 - 06:14 AM.

BravelyRanAway #100 Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3963 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostRenwor, on 16 September 2019 - 06:10 AM, said:

The reason for low number of people flying required planes is simple: there is no hint of campaign in game client, so most players do not know about it. Me for example. I saw the "Fall campaign" announcement, but completely missed the "Let the battle begin article" - it would be interesting to know, how many times the "let the battle begin" article was displayed.

I agree with that, it's not well advertised unless you hit the main portal or frequent the forum, with no indication of the even ingame, it's kinda dead.

But on top of that it's very confusing to understand the event itself. I should have paid more attention to what I was reading regarding choice of planes.

I blew Friday completely flying the wrong planes(my fault, I know).

Checked the portal on Saturday after a few games as there's no indication of event or effect of taking part....so, after reading(properly) I switched to flying the Spit XIV and flew three games in it on Saturday evening. Flew only the Spit XIV on Sunday just to make sure....but could have sworn I flew at least 11 games(maybe 13) and lost at least 4 of those games.

So, I check this morning just to see my overall result from yesterday on the Hall Of Fame, and I read this, but it doesn't seem right....

I'm just confused about the whole thing and have no idea if I even took part in the event or if I did, how did I do and did I even earn Chevrons. The above screenshot  couldn't be right.....I lost games!...or maybe my brain fell out.:unsure:

Yours...

Confused, dazed and off to Frontlines. (where at least I know what's actually going on)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users