Let the battle begin!

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

zen_monk_ #81 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7682 battles
  • [__] __

I wanted to be in 13-15 Chevrons group for Kostikov 302 and planned to make it in Perseverance in group III. "Great, I'm free for the weekend, will do ~15 games each day."

I played 15 games on Friday, tried to give my best.

On Saturday morning I learned I got it all wrong, misunderstood the requirements. All day Friday I was whale hunting instead going for the simple kills. In every game I did, I left a couple of soon-to-be-dead lights and climbed up to this single bomber. So I got very pis***, gave up from the event and played a game or two Saturday-Sunday.

But it turned out it was enough to be in the middle of Mastery, regardless of playing it all wrong.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Sidus_Preclarum #82 Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6037 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 September 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

I wanted to be in 13-15 Chevrons group for Kostikov 302 and planned to make it in Perseverance in group III. "Great, I'm free for the weekend, will do ~15 games each day."

I played 15 games on Friday, tried to give my best.

On Saturday morning I learned I got it all wrong, misunderstood the requirements. All day Friday I was whale hunting instead going for the simple kills. In every game I did, I left a couple of soon-to-be-dead lights and climbed up to this single bomber. So I got very pis***, gave up from the event and played a game or two Saturday-Sunday.

But it turned out it was enough to be in the middle of Mastery, regardless of playing it all wrong.

Well, I did that as well : went with the FW57 (apologies to the new guys who were in the opfor teams…I only had the 265 for the high tier, and I couldn't have stomached the stress of playing that thing over and over, and as for the mid tiers, well ; more on that infra. ) on friday evening,because it had been an aeon since I last flew it, only doing the X3 with the still not specced zero and the Mosca. In restrospect, I might have better been spamming the Mosca and the Zero (And going back to the hangar immediately whenever I got destroyed during the squall line, something I for some obscure reason never do.)

Then I proved that I can't read at all and actually played quite a few Beaufighter games the following afternoon (plus the Spit X3), until I realised just before it was time going to the pub to see the rugby (shouldn't have, it was an atrocious rout for my lads) how stupid that was, because, eh, hurting your chances to get into perseverance and even mastery in both periods isn't exactly an ideal price to pay for not being able to be ranked in both masteries at the same time anyway, because the rules, duh. :facepalm:

So I went back to the FW57 for sunday.

Would have probably not ended #6 in perseverance had half my beaufighter playing time been spent playing the FW instead :facepalm::D. That,  plus the fact I was concentrating on doing, well, HF stuff, meaning taking out bombers and attack planes. And "losing" some time using those 6 bombs, sometimes twice per game. Got a few >20kpp games and quite a few >15kpp games, and lots of shiny chevrons, but even the best games mustn't have been stellar as far as kill pp were concerned, compared to what it would have been had I just spent my games in a F defending, say, the central airfield in a map instead of going high and low all over the maps with a HF, and if in a target rich environment, generally switching targets as soon as the current one managed to get away from right in front of me, in order to avoid bleeding speed in clumsy maneuvres, happily letting others finishing off the crippled enemies…

Oh well, rediscovering that monstrous whale of a plane was fun.

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 19 September 2019 - 10:28 PM.

houghtonbee #83 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3860 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
You kicked my I16(e)'s silly little arse a couple of times in your FW heavy, I had no answer once in your sights :D

blindfoId #84 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles
Thank you for your reports, we'll check and charge the crates additionally. 

CaptainAim #85 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

Senior Airman

• 4830 battles

I got crates this morning. ONLY 4 CRATES!!! Where is my fifth crate? Who stole it?

Also I noticed I had 5 tokens less this morning compared to yesterday.

But nevermind the 5 tokens. Where is my fifth crate?

Considering the amount of work I put in, and the fact that I could have scored very well in most categories and all periods, if the contribution in multiple periods would have been taken into account, after having to wait so long for the results, finding the prizes chopped off leaves a bitter taste.  Not nice at all.

I am not complaining about one crate because I don't expect to get anything extremely precious from it, I am just disappointed about the spirit of fairness that seems to be missing.

GonerNL #86 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles
You'd think that the automagically opening first crate would be a known phenomenon (feature?) by now ... or is it still a bug ?

zen_monk_ #87 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7682 battles
  • [__] __
In my book it's a bug. I want to see what was in it - this way, unless it's a new airplane, it's like i never got it.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

apartclassic #88 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:32 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 20468 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostGonerNL, on 20 September 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

You'd think that the automagically opening first crate would be a known phenomenon (feature?) by now ... or is it still a bug ?

View Postzen_monk_, on 20 September 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

In my book it's a bug. I want to see what was in it - this way, unless it's a new airplane, it's like i never got it.

The first crate does indeed auto-open. You can see what was in it looking at your log (right bottom of the screen). Still, not the most convenient 'feature'.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Shark1530 #89 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 6273 battles

Yep right bottom to see! First crate is automatic opened!

Just opend, and like almost all time, nothing in it for me :-(

Edited by Shark1530, 20 September 2019 - 09:59 AM.

CaptainAim #90 Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:21 AM

Senior Airman

• 4830 battles

Well, if it is true, I didn't check the log. So I don't know what I got if indeed I got something. But thanks for the info.

elias_the_great #91 Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2944 battles
  • [MS-GR] MS-GR

Hello everyone...!! I am glad that this event turned out to be interesting and seeing new faces on the leaderboards, as for me i couldnt take part in the first round of the campaign due to exams in my uni. Because of that, i would like to ask some questions to anyone who can answer them:

-In how many rankings can you be in (is it limited to one per period or two in general? <~ for example)?

-How many matches are required in averege to be in the top 30 of a rank (because its on weekend i dont want to "waste 4 hours" if i dont get a place (i d rather go outside or watch o movie or two)?

-Next week is the free beta weekend for the new CoD...i dont know if its worth clashing with this tittle and i think the next weekend we ll see less people around because of that...overall i find the deceision of not having campaign this weekend poor (unless you had techical issues)

- Why does the JL-1A-37 doesnt have its special camo acompanying it in the prizes (while every other planes does (apart from the Huricane that doesnt have a unique camo)? (I have done a ticket in the past about this speciphic camo since it seems that has never been sold and its so sexy)

-When you have a number o chevrons how do you earn a price? Do you get all of them up until the number o chevrons you own or do you pick which you want?

For example, if you have 15 chevrons, does that mean you get all the prices from the 302 and bellow or does that mean you have enough to get just the 302?

-Last but not least, do you recomend playing in one period or in all of them?

Edited by elias_the_great, 20 September 2019 - 10:22 AM.

Sidus_Preclarum #92 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6037 battles
Play one period, as you can only be ranked in one of the 6 rankings in the end.

Sidus_Preclarum #93 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6037 battles

View PostShark1530, on 20 September 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Yep right bottom to see! First crate is automatic opened!

Just opend, and like almost all time, nothing in it for me :-(

I'll exchange that hangar slot for the 25k free xp I got. Deal ?

blindfoId #94 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:42 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles
Crates have been shipped, please note that the first crate opens automatically when you launch the game for the first time after receiving prizes. Its content is listed in the system message in the right corner. If you missed the message you can always contact the Customer Support for additional information. 

Shark1530 #95 Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 6273 battles

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 20 September 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'll exchange that hangar slot for the 25k free xp I got. Deal ?

Yes I would change it with you if that would be possible, I have already 8 or 9 more free slots I think.,haha, and 25k free exp or gold always can use for some research or something :)

Edited by Shark1530, 20 September 2019 - 01:09 PM.

Shark1530 #96 Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 6273 battles

View PostCaptainAim, on 20 September 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Well, if it is true, I didn't check the log. So I don't know what I got if indeed I got something. But thanks for the info.

But I have 5 tokens less also...:amazed:

andrew3142 #97 Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 6257 battles

View Postelias_the_great, on 20 September 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Hello everyone...!! I am glad that this event turned out to be interesting and seeing new faces on the leaderboards, as for me i couldnt take part in the first round of the campaign due to exams in my uni. Because of that, i would like to ask some questions to anyone who can answer them:

-In how many rankings can you be in (is it limited to one per period or two in general? <~ for example)?

Just one (across all periods) - whichever is your highest ranking 

-How many matches are required in averege to be in the top 30 of a rank (because its on weekend i dont want to "waste 4 hours" if i dont get a place (i d rather go outside or watch o movie or two)?

I played 30 games in Period III and got 21st in persistence

But it depends on how good you are! In theory, 10 games could have got you a top Mastery ranking

-When you have a number o chevrons how do you earn a price? Do you get all of them up until the number o chevrons you own or do you pick which you want?

For example, if you have 15 chevrons, does that mean you get all the prices from the 302 and bellow or does that mean you have enough to get just the 302?

I assume you just get the prize for the level that you have achieved (and would be very surprised if it was anything different)

-Last but not least, do you recomend playing in one period or in all of them?

I recommend playing one period (unless you are a superstar who can get a high Mastery score in very few games!)

I played all periods but if I had focused exclusively on Period III I think I would have got into the top 10 for Persistence (and possibly a better Mastery score too)

But of course, next time the rules might be (will be) completely different!

raketak_ #98 Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 7937 battles

View PostShark1530, on 20 September 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

But I have 5 tokens less also...:amazed:

But yesterday we obtain 5 more that we should. At least I obtain 25 instead of 20. Now we have crates instead.

Dismal #99 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 5989 battles

View PostInVictuS_ShaDoW, on 19 September 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

Congratulations to everyone!
Especially for colleagues from the "W_R_E" clan
(player position)

(7) - NightmareGreg
(14) - undead82
(4) - DziaboL
(4) - HOLYMAN__
(17) - ludzienapoziomie 
(30) - asus69
(4) - Regis_Sawyer
(5) - InVictuS_ShaDoW
(11) - apartclassic
(4) - prawiejakzywiec666

Good job gentlemen!

Oooo yes ... they are really best ?!  right  W R E ? ... gentlemen :facepalm:

Edited by Dismal, 20 September 2019 - 05:18 PM.

Sidus_Preclarum #100 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6037 battles

View PostDismal, on 20 September 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Oooo yes ... they are really best ?!  right  W R E ? ... gentlemen :facepalm:

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users