Wg you no longer owe me big time (maybe)

Wheres my Akumatsu at? Oops Im a newb Suspect behaviour

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

apartclassic #21 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostDiscontinued, on 12 September 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Not only is he content to feast on all the enemy planes like a hungry hippo, just leaving a few scraps to his team mates.he's also got my Akumatsu and Zen_Monks airplane.

View PostZiptop, on 12 September 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Obviously he got my Lambert also....

Because....

And also...

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Ziptop #22 Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4385 battles

View Postapartclassic, on 12 September 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

Because....

And also...

Abso-****ing-lutely! Because BOTH cookie monster AND All Your Base!!!!!

Discontinued #23 Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2551 battles

As I suspected, appart is blue and furry and has an unnaturaly large appetite for flying things and reflective items, like a magpie..He's breaking the game by playing so well it causes a bug which means he becomes a medal & crate hoover.

The truth had to come out one day

"May cause the explode problem"

zen_monk_ #24 Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

Hey Disco, just found one. Is this yours?

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

zen_monk_ #25 Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

Found another one. You're dropping them all over the place...

apartclassic #26 Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:36 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

Actually, I found Akamatsu. Kaede Akamatsu, to be precise, but Akamatsu nevertheless:

Spoiler

But then.....

Spoiler

zen_monk_ #27 Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

Akamatsu stunned his superior officers by his conduct. Instead of attending pilot briefings and waiting on the flight line like the other men, he had his own warning system hooked up in a brothel! He often came racing to the air base in an old car, driving like a demon with one hand, drinking from a bottle held in the other. The sirens were screaming a warning as he bolted from the car to his fighter plane, already warmed up by the mechanics…”

(Samurai! by Saburo Sakai with Martin Caidin and Fred Saito).

GonerNL #28 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10026 battles

"Almost everything you have read about this legendary fighter ace is either false or exaggerated. And you can pin the blame on writer Martin Caidin who took enormous liberties with the truth."

I hope that's right, as I hate to think of this guy as a regular visitor to a Japanese WWII military brothel, where all girls were Korean, Chinese, Indonesian and even Western women forced into prostitution ...

Discontinued #29 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2551 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 12 September 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Akamatsu stunned his superior officers by his conduct. Instead of attending pilot briefings and waiting on the flight line like the other men, he had his own warning system hooked up in a brothel! He often came racing to the air base in an old car, driving like a demon with one hand, drinking from a bottle held in the other. The sirens were screaming a warning as he bolted from the car to his fighter plane, already warmed up by the mechanics…”

(Samurai! by Saburo Sakai with Martin Caidin and Fred Saito).

So in essence Akumatsu  was the James hunt of his day,

My stuff keeps going missing :ohmy:

This is really starting to get out of hand now Zen is also finding my medals too. Butter fingers here keeps dropping my virtual stuff all over the place

Mrs Disco is always telling me I'm Clumsy, IRL she's right and its spreading to virtual online world

If you find anymore discarded Akumatsu's, or gold or crates lying around therye probably mine,

Please kindly return them to Discontinued.

zen_monk_ #30 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

View PostGonerNL, on 13 September 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

"Almost everything you have read about this legendary fighter ace is either false or exaggerated. And you can pin the blame on writer Martin Caidin who took enormous liberties with the truth."

I hope that's right, as I hate to think of this guy as a regular visitor to a Japanese WWII military brothel, where all girls were Korean, Chinese, Indonesian and even Western women forced into prostitution ...

Then how about this one, told by the multiple fellow pilots who were present:

“Another story involves a wedding ceremony for a fellow pilot. Traditional Japanese weddings are not raucous parties like in the West, but rather solemn occasions in which the bride and groom exchange ritual cups of sake and a Shinto priest presides over the ceremonies. Into this silent, sedate crowd, Akamatsu arrived late, stomping into the hall stark naked and ‘four sheets to the wind’. He had fashioned a ‘grass’ skirt out of torn strips of newspaper which he had tucked into the waist string of his fundoshi (underwear), and he proceeded to stumble through his version of a hula dance, then promptly keeled over in a corner and started snoring in a deep sleep. The family and relatives of the bride were speechless with shock. As for the invited group of IJN pilots, all buddies of the groom, and all quite familiar with Akamatsu’s occasional outbursts of outrageous behavior, it was all they could do to keep a straight face and stop from bursting out in uncontrollable laughter.”

...and regarding what you wish to imagine, go ahead and make a saint out of him. But rest assured all of them used Comfort women - and all got away with it :angry:

View PostDiscontinued, on 13 September 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

So in essence Akumatsu  was the James Hunt of his day,

You nailed it :great:

Edited by zen_monk_, 13 September 2019 - 09:25 AM.

Discontinued #31 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2551 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 September 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Then how about this one, told by the multiple fellow pilots who were present:

“Another story involves a wedding ceremony for a fellow pilot. Traditional Japanese weddings are not raucous parties like in the West, but rather solemn occasions in which the bride and groom exchange ritual cups of sake and a Shinto priest presides over the ceremonies. Into this silent, sedate crowd, Akamatsu arrived late, stomping into the hall stark naked and ‘four sheets to the wind’. He had fashioned a ‘grass’ skirt out of torn strips of newspaper which he had tucked into the waist string of his fundoshi (underwear), and he proceeded to stumble through his version of a hula dance, then promptly keeled over in a corner and started snoring in a deep sleep. The family and relatives of the bride were speechless with shock. As for the invited group of IJN pilots, all buddies of the groom, and all quite familiar with Akamatsu’s occasional outbursts of outrageous behavior, it was all they could do to keep a straight face and stop from bursting out in uncontrollable laughter.”

...and regarding what you wish to imagine, go ahead and make a saint out of him. But rest assured all of them used Comfort women - and all got away with it :angry:

You nailed it :great:

So Akumastu was a dude, Kinda guy i'd like to go on a drinking binge with.....Booze was his copilot too.

Mrs Disco is Japanese and having been together for a very long time I'm quite familiar with the culture of Japan and believe it or not this behavior still happens although mainly reserved after a few drinks businessman can suddenly turn and become quite eccentric,

I highly recommend Soju (pronounced Shoju) its lovely, like a softer milder Vodka and it definateley makes you take your clothes off at any wedding...

GonerNL #32 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10026 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 September 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

I definitely don't want to make a saint of him ... :unsure:

But indeed, the saddest part is all the things the Japanese got away with. Comfort women, beheading captured pilots, chemical warfare, death marches and camps ... the list is endless.

What did the Germans do wrong that they actually had to pay the bill afterwards and the Japanese didn't ?? They still refuse to make amends.

zen_monk_ #33 Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

View PostZiptop, on 12 September 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Obviously he got my Lambert also....

Hey, I got your Lambert too :teethhappy:

apartclassic #34 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostGonerNL, on 13 September 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

I definitely don't want to make a saint of him ... :unsure:

But indeed, the saddest part is all the things the Japanese got away with. Comfort women, beheading captured pilots, chemical warfare, death marches and camps ... the list is endless.

What did the Germans do wrong that they actually had to pay the bill afterwards and the Japanese didn't ?? They still refuse to make amends.

That's not exactly true. The allies (though in this case mostly the US, since it was their main theatre of war) did hold a tribunal in 1946-48 - check IMTFE or Tokyo Trials. Additionally there were other trials held by and in other countries (e.g. China), and all those proceedings yielded more than 1000 death sentences, with a lot more imprisonments. To say that Japan 'got away' is a great overstatement. It did however receive relatively light treatment.

In 1948, when the main Tribunal was ending, Cold War was in full swing. USA needed influence in the area, and Japan was thought of in terms of the British Isles during the war - i.e. of an unsinkable aircraft carrier. For political reasons treatment of Japan was a lot less harsh than one might have expected; perfect example is the preservation of the Emperor and Imperial family, albeit with severly reduced powers. Some of the crimes and some of the evidence during the trials was intentionally witheld from public knowledge, some charges were never brought to court, in exchange for stabilizing Japan and assuring it stays safely in the 'proper' part of the world. The most numerous cases were in fact against middle-ranked personnel, and only a few high-ranking military and civil persons were sentenced (with quite a few short-term imprisonment). Many of the officials that were convicted during the trials, later returned to public life and were quite prominent figures in years to come. As said, part of it was the leniency of victors, and part was the Japanese take on the war and who was the victim - which still holds till today (like e.g. secret exhoneration of Tojo and others in the 70' and 80'). It's a fascinating subject, and a rather sad picture of what 'justice' and 'law' mean when circumstances are rearing their ugly heads...

Edited by apartclassic, 13 September 2019 - 02:15 PM.

Discontinued #35 Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2551 battles

Pretty much what appart said it became expedient to have Japan on side due to the cold war.

And they did get nuked.

if you've ever seem the comedy film called "the mouse who roared" it pointed out that the allies treated the enemy better than the did the UK which was pretty much bankrupt after WW2.

In the film a tiny British channel Islands declares war on the US, hoping to lose and therefore get money as in the Marshall plan. Then they accidentally win.

I highly recommend The mouse who roared, Peter Sellers at his finest.

zen_monk_ #36 Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

Disco mate take care of your possessions, will ya?

Spoiler

The first game after the event, finally sitting in some aircraft of my choice.  Damn, it feels good! :teethhappy:

apartclassic #37 Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:48 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Actually the event is still running, expiration hour is 2400 UTC (and it's +2 for Central/Eastern Yurop).

zen_monk_ #38 Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 8396 battles
  • [__] __

:hiding: ...i figured it was some new fancy way of saying CET. Last time I checked, the one we talk about was called GMT as in Greenwich Meridian.

Oh what the hell, I've ended the event for me. You hear me WG, FOR ME IT'S OVER!!!!

Discontinued #39 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2551 battles

Yes i too am appalled by the way the game does not adjust for British summertime either....

Shocking, truly shocking

Event

I didn't realise there was an event :ohmy:

Discontinued #40 Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2551 battles

Look 1 weapon part in a tier 8 game with the vamp,

This is starting to get ridiculous, my materials are going missing now as well.:amazed:

There are a lot of very suspicious people here, I'm not naming any names, but......

Edited by Discontinued, 16 September 2019 - 07:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users