Battles with real people still rock!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ziptop #1 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2153 battles

I just had a few amazing battles with loads of human pilots in game.....and wow! Does it make a difference.

I honestly didn't really care if I won or lost, the sheer buzz of a chaotic mass dogfight with actual human players was such good fun I ended up staying on until way too late.

Saw quite a diverse selection of aircraft too. 

We need more of this. But ideally not having to stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning to find it.

GonerNL #2 Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9205 battles

Yep, battles with 7 or 8 humans on each team can be great, IF matchmaking more or less creates a balance (which doesn't happen that often, alas). Sometimes you can actually work together when nobody has other priorities than winning (like missions etc).

Battles with only 1 or 2 humans are mostly sad affairs where 1 team gets exactly those planes suited to kill the human(s) on the other team, like bombers vs heavies.

Discontinued #3 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1677 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 13 September 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Yep, battles with 7 or 8 humans on each team can be great, IF matchmaking more or less creates a balance (which doesn't happen that often, alas). Sometimes you can actually work together when nobody has other priorities than winning (like missions etc).

Battles with only 1 or 2 humans are mostly sad affairs where 1 team gets exactly those planes suited to kill the human(s) on the other team, like bombers vs heavies.

Yes this is especially true at the higher tiers, it can be problematic facing the same two humans in a flight over and over.

Luckily if I play well the F86 Sabre takes care of this issue.But it can get disheartening seeing that enemy flight with a GAA and Bomber game after game..you know you will struggle against such a flight. Unless you are me!

Conversely, having a half decent team of humans, is the most fun. Sometimes you even get someone (usually me) who says "i'll take plant, you cover Missile bases" or something like that. Suddenly you are working as a team covering caps, or each others tails 

Win or lose these games are sometimes very close battles  and above all really enjoyable...

We need some event to drag people in TV adverts would be good....although pricey..

Alternatively they could just close down WOT, which would bring in loads of players...:teethhappy:

Edited by Discontinued, 13 September 2019 - 09:21 AM.

"May cause the explode problem"

invader_from_mars #4 Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8515 battles
Close battles in WoWP? In which universe or dimension? Its rare as a white raven. I have time to play after work hours in the evening. Nowadays in tier 10 i always face the same flight, and they always fly their op spec planes, so they just stat pad. Well if you have 40% winrate lettuce teammates (omg sooo many out there) good luck! Yes those battles are fair and enjoyable(lol) No problem here, but with this low playerbase YOU FACE THEM EVERY BATTLE and i mean EVERY!!! Funny when you meet the same players for 10 battles in row :)

Nibloke #5 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 69 battles

I wonder when that duel PvP mode comes in  this year. Will it attract more people (old and new) to the game. or will it divide the current player base between the 2 modes (base-mode and duel-mode)?

because I love games with a lot of people but at the moment I see only 2x4 players each match maximum. In my 2 first games the enemy team didn't have a single player but my team had 2 players.

Some how I think the 2 modes won't have enough players to be fun or will have a long waiting time.

Edited by Nibloke, 13 September 2019 - 01:45 PM.

GonerNL #6 Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9205 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 13 September 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Nowadays in tier 10 i always face the same flight, and they always fly their op spec planes, 

Tier X is hopeless ; if you want human adversaries, play Vi, VII maybe VIII ... in peak hours.

Mehrunnes #7 Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 5638 battles
  • [FOUL] FOUL

View PostGonerNL, on 13 September 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Yep, battles with 7 or 8 humans on each team can be great

And for me battles woth 7 or even 8 humans are total failure. Absolutely no fun at all, just some sort of retarded whack-a-mole party. With current meta + map designs it's mostly one-sided rotflstomps. Battles are somewhat competitive with 4-5 players; with 1-2 per side is just "who plays for objectives and have better bots in team", with >6 players it's total chaos, in dogfights - constant friendly/enemy ramming, kill stealing, random bomb trap deaths, just...chaos.

Good luck being in a team that have to capture airfield + garrison, while having command center (you all know that map) in a battle 7 vs 7. Or being in a team that lost fight over factory in that desert map (factory + 2 airfields) and now have to re-capture it...

Ensign_Steel #8 Posted Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1651 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
I prefer matches with as few people as possible. Better chances to win that way.

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have [whopee] with it

Discontinued #9 Posted Yesterday, 03:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1677 battles

View PostNibloke, on 13 September 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

I wonder when that duel PvP mode comes in  this year. Will it attract more people (old and new) to the game. or will it divide the current player base between the 2 modes (base-mode and duel-mode)?

because I love games with a lot of people but at the moment I see only 2x4 players each match maximum. In my 2 first games the enemy team didn't have a single player but my team had 2 players.

Some how I think the 2 modes won't have enough players to be fun or will have a long waiting time.

Welcome to the forum Nibloke:honoring:

Always good to see some new people here,

PVP would interest me, i just hope its well implemented, I kinda liked those missions in Warships

"May cause the explode problem"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users