Best way to set up multirole US line P-47?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nibloke #1 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

Airman Basic

• 169 battles

What is the best way to play the US multi-role line with the P-47 and the P-43?

At the moment I play it like the love child of a GAA and a fighter? I stay relative low to the ground but I don't have a lot of bombs. But they seem to be heavy and reload quickly. My guns seem to be enough to kill of  enemy GAA.

Fighting fighters seems to be out of the question because of the multiple Zeros and Spitfires. Also bombers flying meanly to high for me.

So set up of this line. Do I go for speed to outrun fighters? Do I go armor to endure fighters as long as possible? Or do I go maneuverability? At the moment I go for speed.

houghtonbee #2 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3861 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I went speed on the P47N albeit with full ordnance. Battle starts, use half the boost to get some height, straight to an important cap zone and dive in bombing and rocketing everything. Boost out of there (maybe take some shots at ADA especially the HF if the opportunity presents itself) gaining height towards the next cap zone and repeat. You have the ability to deal with enemy bot bombers if you have decent HP left especially if they've been hit already. Be wary of tackling human bombers especially specced ones, same with gaa if you gain superiority and fight defensively. Heavy fighters are your bread and butter for kills. Ultimately get in, hit hard, get the f out, it's a line you really have to think and choose your targets well or suffer the consequences.

The B I use more along the lines of an LF, but rarely play either of them preferring the FW and British MR lines. Love the invasion stripe camo on the N though :) 

Edited by houghtonbee, 20 September 2019 - 12:41 PM.

Renwor #3 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2322 battles

Overall it seems like pretty hard line to play, from VI upwards, with no real gems game-wise to justify the grind. Personaly I gave up in mid XP-72. 

Hit and run seems the only way, though from close distance the 8x0,5in is quite murder battery against bombers. Dont spray them from the edge of range, if you can, get as close as possible, if not, disengage.

deaxter_hero #4 Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 5666 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
If you want to shoot planes more than ground targets, go for British multiroles. Best are T5 (OP, 4*20 mm at T5 - lol) and T7 (great). They have enough maneuverability to dog fight. If you come across Spit or Zero or Yak, dive in fast, strike and run with boost. Consider guns to be the main thing, not the bombs. You can kill even GAs. T10 is nice once you master low velocity shells. T9 is one of the worst planes in the game, T8 is mediocre, T6 is OK-ish (was great but got nerfed). You can spec T5 and T7 for turn fighting. Spec T10 for speed, consider taking bombs only unless you are a multitasking God. Forget the rest ;).

Edited by deaxter_hero, 21 September 2019 - 11:33 AM.

1.9 stats: ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ----   Fighter (37%)   Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

Discontinued #5 Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1984 battles

I do not really enjoy multi roles, so I remove the bombs and rockets etc as you can play them as fighters with added surviviblity 

P.S the tier 6 Corsair is lovely its about the only multirole I ever really enjoyed playing, those 4x 20mm at tier 6 are just brutal 

Edited by Discontinued, 27 September 2019 - 07:59 PM.

"May cause the explode problem"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users