Battle of Moscow

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Renwor #41 Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2322 battles

Well, fulfilling soviet requirements and winning the game kinda often goes against one another. For soviets, what you need is to conquer one sector and then stick to it and defend it. If you fail to defend it you have to reconquer it, which does nothing to your mission. Ofc. there goes german guys who have no interest to brawl with you, they sweep in, kill four ADA and move to other sector. They do not care to hold it. in fact they do hope you can reconquer it, so they can sweep back later. 

Perfect setup was, when both sides got their share of mission focused germans, mostly ignoring each other outside zones and just capping - each on other side of map, and never defending. This way zones could change hands several times during battle for great number of points and battle kept being balanced up to the end.

My respect to soviet pilots of this weekend who could do good results. I am really interested how result comparision will look, hopefully blindfold can get us results soon.

For germans I have top 10 battle average 370 points, which seemed to me like ok, until in one battle I got 780 points, realising THAT is how the average results should look.

Edited by Renwor, 30 September 2019 - 07:33 AM.

GonerNL #42 Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles

Saw a post on NA forum from someone who got 800 points on defense with a Mig-3 ... unbelievable. Must have had perfect conditions.

Tried every Russian I have on IV and V ; I-17, LaGG-3(4), Yak-1, MiG-3, P-40. Even repurchased Yak-7 ...

I never got more than 280 I think. Some 240, 200 but mostly 40 or 80. As if it wasn't hard enough for the Soviets, most battles were unbalanced as hell ; almost entirely German enemy teams that took all bases in 2 minutes and it was game over. I never saw so many roflstomps.

Really silly event ; attackers start getting cap points when they shoot ADA already and poor defenders first have to take sectors (no points) with planes not really suited for that (heavies & multiroles with bombs which Germans did have!) and then hang on to that base and hope enemy shows up. Attackers just move on after taking base, hope the first base falls so they can attack it again ... 

Winrate yesterday was 43% ... nothing but roflstomp defeats.

Edited by GonerNL, 30 September 2019 - 07:57 AM.

blindfoId #43 Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View Postclovisbxl, on 29 September 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

The funny point about this event is that french speaking people have one day less to complete the missions:

Du 27 septembre à 2 h (heure de Paris) jusqu'au 29 septembre à 1 h 59 (heure de Paris)

From September 27 at 00:00 (UTC) till September 29 at 23:59 (UTC)

I will not comment... :great:

It's just a misprint. Unloading takes into account UTC anyways, is common for the entire server and doesn't depend on separate countries.

View Postdirty_magic, on 30 September 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

Thx for challenging weekend.

I chose to play with Soviet planes and it was really hard.

WG chose a historical window for the event where Soviets were really inferior in quality of the aeroplanes.

The Fw 190A1, Bf109E/E3, Bf110B, Bf 110C6 and Bf 110E are far superior to Soviet MiG 3, Yak 1, Yak 7, Lagg 3 (all versions),  I16 (l), I17 and Lend and Lease P40 M105.

German fighters are faster and better armed, especially heavy fighters. For me, only I17 and P40 M105 give wanted results. I tried to play with Yak 1 and Lagg 3 (34) but they miss the punch and they were to slow in the killing of the opponents. This event showed me how hard was to Red Army aviation to cope with Luftwaffe in 1941-1942 period until Yak1M, La5, P39s (and other modern aeroplane models at that time) did not come on the Theater.

It was challenging but it was fun. If you chase statistic this was not an event for you. Because often,  when I was focused on defence,  players from the red team in German Bf109s and 110s will take rest of the map - and I lose not a small number of battles in this three days. But in the end, I'm happy that I was able to participate (job and family obligations allowed it), and I hope that I will have free time for future events.

At the same time, I'm happy that I witnessed a big increase in players who participate in this event and that the general number of players was in increase.

See you on the cyber skies....

Thank you for your kind words, dirty_magic. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts and conclusions. :medal:

Jonagus #44 Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 9191 battles

Quoting "Results will be announced in the 7-day timeframe.

What is this "7 day time frame" in which the results would be posted ?

Does it include the Friday. Saturday and Sunday that the event ran ?? That would mean we get results today ... "

This question was made in the forum for the last event "Battle of Britain" but never was answered. The results can not be monitored by players, the game build the score table automatically, then why it is not already published? To me it is dificult to understand why there is not more transparency in this kind of matters, and it is even more dificult to understand that to WG comunication people, publising messages like this in 7day time frame? WG need 7 days to publishing something that it is done automatically in less that a second? It is really dificult to me understand the way of thinking of WG Staff, really dificult  ...

Jonagus

Jonagus

prawiejakzywiec666 #45 Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8530 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
Jonagus I think you got it wrong. WG needs to extract this data from the server and it is not done automaticly. Probably somebody needs to do it manually for these 3 days period. That is the reason we cannot see the results online during our gameplay.

chikken

Sidus_Preclarum #46 Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6025 battles

View Postprawiejakzywiec666, on 30 September 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Jonagus I think you got it wrong. WG needs to extract this data from the server and it is not done automaticly. Probably somebody needs to do it manually for these 3 days period. That is the reason we cannot see the results online during our gameplay.

"manually" as in manually running a script

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 30 September 2019 - 09:21 AM.

zen_monk_ #47 Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7670 battles
  • [__] __

Although I haven't participated, I quite liked the historical setup of the event.

It was much easier to play Germans? Of course, that's how it should be. As someone well pointed out here, they had better planes and better pilots at the time, and  here you could appreciate the troubles the Soviet defenders were faced with. I flew other planes, US and whatnot, and it was interesting to observe how the battles unfolded.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Renwor #48 Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2322 battles

Well, "Oleg" in somewhere (Minsk?)  "manually" runs a script and then sends a tables of CP to Paris, because he doesn't care for the rules of this event.  There hopefully someone runs another script to sort out duplicities and select proper 30x4 winners - they hopefully they have script for that as well, though I would not be too surprised if it's done manually manually, then someone has to doublecheck the results. 3days  after the event is finished seems like it

Actually, thinking about it, I would not like to be the one writing the script for searching duplicate winners.  What if some guy (and it is not that unlikely) finishes in all categories on 1th place ?  Where you keep him, where you leave him out?  You decide. Would you always do it the same?  if someones rating is same in two categories, You always keep him in the same "first choice" category? Then you are making this "first choice" a lot tougher, and at the same time the other easier. Or you use RNG for that?

Edited by Renwor, 30 September 2019 - 09:59 AM.

GonerNL #49 Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 30 September 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

and  here you could appreciate the troubles the Soviet defenders were faced with. I flew other planes, US and whatnot, 

Exactly.

And us poor Soviets had to deal with those too in this 'event'. My MiGs and Yaks were shot down more by Spits and Zeros than 109's, that is for sure.

Block Quote

and it was interesting to observe how the battles unfolded.

Interesting ? That's one way to describe the completely one-sided battles I experienced.

clovisbxl #50 Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 3351 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 30 September 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

It's just a misprint. Unloading takes into account UTC anyways, is common for the entire server and doesn't depend on separate countries.

I understand very well that's a misprint but...  you should indicate UTC time in such a case, not the time of Paris because it is clearly confusing. 

"Du 27 septembre à 2 h (heure de Paris) jusqu'au 29 septembre à 1 h 59 (heure de Paris)"

The good point is that I had a few social live on Sunday... before I saw english version ! (after doing the daily mission for weekly crate)

I will not be really surprised if there is no french people ranked for perseverance...

Akiboy1985 #51 Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 3495 battles
  • [HUPSZ] HUPSZ

Hi pilots!:honoring:

I try to share my opinion about this event. The last one the "Let the Battle Begin" I totally misunderstood when started, also I couldn't choose a plane so tried all tiers. But this one I got it from start.

Attack capture or defend capture points based on the side/planes. Well,I have something 3000+ battles from 2.0 and I have a feeling, defending a sector is very hard, sometimes senseless and ending in superiority loses when all enemies coming to that one sector at once, also I see the bots are going for kills more agressively after squall line. And last week when I checked site how many points you get for a gt/plane I relaized that defending always makes less points(40) vs attacking(60 if not defender) and you cannot defend bomb your own base with GA or bomber as you attack with them. Also the bots are instead attackers of sectors, I dont really recall when a bot defended a sector before superiority. Also the calculation is always with attackers, if its a ramming, the sector is always captured by the attacker. 

But anyway it was not a question what to fly as my favourite plane from 2.0 is 109Emil. Its pretty good for everything, killing bombers, GA, fighters, heavies. Sometimes ending low hp fail bombed GTs :B In this event I got more times some 80 score for almost zero hp factory finishing  :trollface:  special thx to bombers/GAs.  Kind of multirole that plane is. Firepower and speed of a heavy, altitude of a bomber, manouverability of a fighter. Ok to be honest the original Emil outlook and the chrome paintings made it true. The shiny paintings always melt my heart :amazed: Too bad not all the planes have that.

So choosing plane was easy. However Mig is also very good, ultrapretty outlook, check the engine boost better even than Emil's, the Russian machine guns not so bad on it. Defending with it at high altitude in a sector, for example killing enemy bombers and GAs infinitely at high altitude without getting disturbe shouldnt be easy. Did the same with Emil, however we always capped the sector as attacking is more points even with the fact I let them bomb and get points with GTs. Also its 160 points to defend with Mig, if I got 300 with Emil, that should be 400 with Mig in a few minutes over a factory killing GAs and bombers 10 times.(the closer factory)

Also the 110b is very very good, after all the Hall of Fame top1 statpadder and mod creator player(saw his name in mods) with the Chinese monster funny name is also a 110b player. And I totally respect the time he did the 1000 battles almost all the time with same plane.:great: I bored this event after 50 battles with same plane. Bombs also helped a bit the heavies, however killstealing made it harder for them to get more than a fighter with good firepower and clicky waiting attitude.

It was not historical event at all, as the sides were not balanced by plane types. I attacked and captured a sector for a Mig or Yak, and he defended it as an ally. Very few matches were balanced by nationality. Maybe 2 matches I can remember.

I did it for spit DB as I dont wanna spend gold on it, so I have chosen the Emil fighter with the maraton style(perseverance). Also I did it for getting some winrate as Emil I love much. I think I ended with something 80% However I bored it a bit so stopped at about 68 games.(15+23+30/day)

My best 10 score attacking sectors capture points received was as below:

I am waiting for results, but if I dont get the Spit, not a big deal, at least I have some new tactics in my mind for maps how to win. And I see how can we get lot of capture points if a daily requires that. Also learned a lot about a lot of things in the game that I think is another topic.:hiding:

However if I can suggest something. Most of the competitive games/sports have some badges or any paper that you were trying it hard. If bad players play a lot they should get some lesser rewards or medal, also good players playing less than 10 games. For example there can be a reward for beginners based on games they played in the event(battles*gold or battles*credit or something) and a reward for being the topmost in attack or defend capture points.(for example to 3 players)

If you make a lot of calculations, I guess you have all the data to know where to give the best/most awards. and also I saw a lot of players stuck out from the 30 people limit for rewards. For example for me, having all planes, lot of credits, golds, free xp, everything. badges are most important like j7 challenge badge or the month of the pilot what I usually slip out from. :medal:

Also dont forget to give a beer(or two :P) for the calculator people as there was a lot of laggs on the server due to the high number of players, I guess they have a hard job.

I am very happy that there is any event, after a long time. :playing:

Good luck to all for the next one!

:izmena:

AnCh #52 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5691 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

View PostGonerNL, on 30 September 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

Exactly.

And us poor Soviets had to deal with those too in this 'event'. My MiGs and Yaks were shot down more by Spits and Zeros than 109's, that is for sure.

Interesting ? That's one way to describe the completely one-sided battles I experienced.

I feel you, man. It was the same for me especially since, many times, I spent times only capturing and not defending because of the spits and zeros that were not related to the event. :)))

And one thought came to my mind more than usual: Since there are so many bots already, why isn't the MM focused on getting only one tier planes in the same battle and always there are two tiers present?

Sheldwin #53 Posted 01 October 2019 - 09:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 2054 battles

View PostAnCh, on 01 October 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

I feel you, man. It was the same for me especially since, many times, I spent times only capturing and not defending because of the spits and zeros that were not related to the event. :)))

And one thought came to my mind more than usual: Since there are so many bots already, why isn't the MM focused on getting only one tier planes in the same battle and always there are two tiers present?

I think that is for worse players like me - if I am top tier so it is easier fight the lower tier than the same tier and I can got more points and some medals too than if I am fighting with same tier (and more difficult if I am low tiew of course). And it is bringing more variety at battles - fighting with the same tier all time could happen monotonous.

GonerNL #54 Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles

7-day time frame is almost over ... previous event results were posted just after 13:00 on Thursday.

Come on, you slackers  :teethhappy:

Edited by GonerNL, 03 October 2019 - 12:23 PM.

blindfoId #55 Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:24 PM

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Pilots!

The battle of Moscow has ended! Thank you for participating in the last battle of September, we are waiting for you in the next stages of the Fall Campaign!  The supply team has already hit the road to award the courageous pilots.

USSR fighters. Perseverance

Spoiler

USSR fighters. Mastery

Spoiler

German fighters. Perseverance

Spoiler

German fighters. Mastery

Spoiler

The total current number of your earned chevrons you can find in the dedicated article. Good hunting!

GonerNL #56 Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles
Unbelievable ... within 1 minute !!! I should have posted earlier :)

Sidus_Preclarum #57 Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6025 battles

Block Quote

3 Sidus_Preclarum 38360

Woohoo !

(ofc, ranked in perseverance. I'm so terribad.)

*edit* though I think I might have made it to the third bracket in mastery.

Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 03 October 2019 - 12:37 PM.

apartclassic #58 Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 20468 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
For having the time only on Sunday, I'm rather glad I got on the list at all - grats to all, and grats to my WRE buddies (they did pretty well, if I might say so myself)

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

InVictuS_ShaDoW #59 Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 6224 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

Congratulations to everyone!
Especially for colleagues from the "W_R_E" clan
(player position)

(4) - NightmareGreg
(5) - undead82
(16) - DziaboL
(6) - HOLYMAN__
(10) - ludzienapoziomie 
(1) - Regis_Sawyer
(1) - InVictuS_ShaDoW
(7) - apartclassic
(4) - prawiejakzywiec666

Good job gentlemen!

GonerNL #60 Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9519 battles
For some great fun, watch the whining on Discord ....

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users